KK Arnold ready to contribute | The Boneyard

KK Arnold ready to contribute

PvP

Reaction Score
I'm on record, KK will play more minutes, barring injuries, than Nika this season. Why? Just consider Geno's statements ever since she arrived. She has all the aggression or more and is a far better scorer.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
What a great article and some very high praise from Nika and Paige:

Mühl’s praise for the Germantown, Wisconsin-native stretches onto the court too.

“She definitely adds a lot of energy,” the senior noted. “She’s an amazing defensive player. But offensively, too, she’s so smart, reads the floor so well, asks questions and is curious. Ever since day one, she’s been improving herself and bringing the same things every single day
.”

KK is a joy to play with,” Bueckers mentioned. “The energetic person you see up on this stage [at MSG] is who she is as a basketball player as well. [She’s] extremely fast, extremely quick, extremely aggressive, offensively and defensively. She creates a lot of havoc…and is really fun to play with.”

I have a feeling KK will be a 1st team AA and Lieberman award winner before all is said and done. Plus a MULTIPLE NC winner!! ;)

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see how Geno uses three very talented PG's. I'm convinced from Geno's comments that KK will see significant time, along with Caroline as the principle backups behind anticipated starters Nika, Azzi and Paige. When Caroline is in she will mostly be at the 3 but KK is a little hard to figure.

Nika at the point and Paige off the ball is better is better than the other way around not because Nika is a better PG but because Paige can be great at 1-3 and Nika's value as a 2 drops off a lot. If Nika is sitting and KK and paige are both in, I don't know who the primary PG should be, as both can play 1 or 2. And finally it would be possible for Nika, KK and Paige to play some as a trio at 1-3 and that would be fun to watch too.

Reaction Score
Free article

KK seems to be the diamond that stands out, because it is so bright. It looks like Uconn has scored BIG in recruiting KK and she will be an important cog in this well oiled machine that calls itself "The Huskies" Looking forward to a healthy and fantastic season from everyone. I believe Uconn is well set for the next 4 years and Geno will become the winningest BB coach in history. GO HUSKIES!!!!!

sun

Reaction Score
Georgetown's Kennedy Fauntleroy was last year's BE Freshman of the Year.
She averaged 33.9 minutes per game, 2.9 assists, 2.4 steals & 10.9 points.
The 3 years prior, the BE FOTY winners were Annesah Morrow, Paige Bueckers & Maddy Siegrist which all also received a lot of playing time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Nika is sitting and KK and paige are both in, I don't know who the primary PG should be, as both can play 1 or 2.
It's hard for me to picture KK as anything other than a pg. Is her perimeter shooting good enough to play the 2? I suspect the only way we see Paige at the point this season is when it's Paige Azzi Caroline in the backcourt.

Reaction Score
KK will get her minutes. Nika will not play 38+ minutes this year. But Nika haters (OK "hater" might be too strong a word) have been wrong for 3 years running and it looks like they are trying to make it 4 in a row.

Reaction Score
Nika will start and get minutes in the mid- to high 20s. KK will get at least 20 minutes a game. Ashlynn and Ines will get minutes although how many will depend on how well they make their case in practice and in games. We saw Ines last year and she shows promise of becoming a quality player. Ashlynn comes into the program with a really good high school resume but has gotten little attention, seemingly lost in the shadow of KK. Both of them will probably have to wait until next year to get significant minutes although if Geno decides he has the depth to allow Nika and KK to do a lot of full court pressing their minutes this year will go up. My hope is that UConn plays a lot of pressing, up tempo games that get the bench more minutes than they might get otherwise.

Reaction Score
I'm on record, KK will play more minutes, barring injuries, than Nika this season. Why? Just consider Geno's statements ever since she arrived. She has all the aggression or more and is a far better scorer.
I don't see that happening. It's not all about scoring from that spot, it's about distributing, organization and communication - as there are already plenty of outstanding scoring options on the floor. Senior leadership and poise will favor Muhl. I do expect KK to get a lot of playing time though.

Reaction Score
Both of them will probably have to wait until next year to get significant minutes although if Geno decides he has the depth to allow Nika and KK to do a lot of full court pressing their minutes this year will go up. My hope is that UConn plays a lot of pressing, up tempo games that get the bench more minutes than they might get otherwise.
My hope, too. I find myself imagining various pressing lineups, like

KK Nika Paige Azzi Aaliyah, or

Nika Inês Ashlynn Qadence Ice, or

KK Ashlynn Aubrey Caroline Ayanna.

The key to a press isn’t just speedy folks harrying the ball and the passing lanes. You also need to have a couple of sure handed scorers on the floor, too, for when you get a steal and a break.

Reaction Score
KK will get her minutes this season because she provides a change of pace and intensity the very same way that Aubrey Griffen does......if Geno sees a lack of intensity on the court then KK will provide the energy the team needs........she'll earn even more minutes if she improves the consistency of her three-point shooting.....

Reaction Score
KK will get her minutes this season because she provides a change of pace and intensity the very same way that Aubrey Griffen does......if Geno sees a lack of intensity on the court then KK will provide the energy the team needs........she'll earn even more minutes if she improves the consistency of her three-point shooting.....

I think KK Arnold will get plenty of minutes if she can do a couple of things:
1) Play effective, disruptive defense without fouling
2) Pass the ball to people wearing the same color jersey as her. Doesn't matter which one; there are no bad choices on this squad
3) Slash to the basket every now and again, just to keep the opposing defense honest.

If she can hit a couple of threes, that would be a bonus. But even without the long range shot, I'm really looking forward to seeing this kid play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom