Kivon Taylor dual threat quaterback has signed | The Boneyard

Kivon Taylor dual threat quaterback has signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He was announce at the National Letter of Intent Signing Day Event at Rentschler tonight as a safety.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
He was announce at the National Letter of Intent Signing Day Event at Rentschler tonight as a safety.

and there u have it folks

pj

Reaction Score
OK, not a QB at all.

Means they still want Lagow, as we do want/need a 2 QB class and he is the only quality QB available.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Kivon Taylor obviously played QB, so those were the highlights they showed, but they were very careful tonight not to peg him as a QB- I came away feeling like they thought he was a really gifted athlete and student that they had to find a place for, versus a definite QB.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Yeah you do know that if Lagow had signed his letter that one wouldn't have come from Taylor right?

Why would a quarterback with no offers scare you away?

He ends with begging for other offers. This isn't tough to keep up with.
Still trying to figure out why they are concerned about us having one, three or five qb this year. Can someone explain it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Still trying to figure out why they are concerned about us having one, three or five qb this year. Can someone explain it.

Obviously they can't because the truth is exactly what they don't want to admit.

Reaction Score
This all started when the Boyle rumors started. The focus has shifted to the fact that a "third" QB was signed, but none of this would even be relevant if Lagow wasn't seemingly spooked by Boyle's signing.

All Lagow had to say about Boyle was "This is great for the UConn program and it will push me even harder to be the best QB I can be". Instead we got the "well we will see what happens".

Just checked and Taylor is listed as a QB on the UConn site.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This all started when the Boyle rumors started. The focus has shifted to the fact that a "third" QB was signed, but none of this would even be relevant if Lagow wasn't seemingly spooked by Boyle's signing. Just checked and Taylor is listed as a QB on the UConn site.

I imagine his position is fluid. Since they said safety at the event they still welcome Lagow if he so chooses. If he doesn't he gets a shot at QB.

Reaction Score
My question also is do u just give a scholarship to any available qb. Or is this kid a legit candidate to actually play. Seems like maybe he could have been offered a preferred walk on than d1 qb.

Still don't get the lagow thing. Father played college ball. Son has big arm from a tough league and 6'6" (true as we have been reminded several times). Son pumped the school and wire our shirt on high school interviews. To me it seems like they are looking for a way out

Reaction Score

I was there and didn't hear it that way (did hear athlete - maybe not QB specifically)... he was introduced by Coach Perkins though because that was who recruited him (and is responsible for Atlanta).

Reaction Score
Kivon Taylor obviously played QB, so those were the highlights they showed, but they were very careful tonight not to peg him as a QB- I came away feeling like they thought he was a really gifted athlete and student that they had to find a place for, versus a definite QB.

Bingo and 101% what we were told. Spoke with Paul before he went on stage and asked him if Kivon was coming in in as a QB or an athlete he said QB.
I think we will see him some where else down the road, but for now they have filled the stable to have enough ball slingers.
Lagow waffled and left the staff no choice. It is now up to him to prove he is not afraid of competition.
I hope he still comes here. Should he not, I wish him luck and success where ever he goes. That unless he ends up at a school we play, in that event I hope he is on his back all day looking up at our linemen or backers.........

Reaction Score
I'm suprised Paul didn't have a D.Mcnabb comparison for Taylor lol. He definitely can get out of the pocket. Would be a good asset with this current o-line. Maybe the new wildcat qb?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I'm suprised Paul didn't have a D.Mcnabb comparison for Taylor lol. He definitely can get out of the pocket. Would be a good asset with this current o-line. Maybe the new wildcat qb?

im not sure, hes tall, close tall. but mcnabb rdshirted his freshmen year at cuse. marvin harrison caught some footballs right away.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Bingo and 101% what we were told. Spoke with Paul before he went on stage and asked him if Kivon was coming in in as a QB or an athlete he said QB.
I think we will see him some where else down the road, but for now they have filled the stable to have enough ball slingers.
Lagow waffled and left the staff no choice. It is now up to him to prove he is not afraid of competition.
I hope he still comes here. Should he not, I wish him luck and success where ever he goes. That unless he ends up at a school we play, in that event I hope he is on his back all day looking up at our linemen or backers.........
haha This is perfect. Exactly how I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom