Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Then they top it off with 10-1. Ouch.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
"The state has invested $3.6 million into the university through a program called Next Generation Connecticut, which concentrates on science, technology and research."

3.6 Million'd

images

Reaction Score
Actually a decent number of good points made it in, including points about FFC/NYC DMA, and positive Tranghese quotes about UConn/NYC. And he says football is average. Yay, average!

The Big 12 Expansion Tour: Connecticut

Very nice write-up actually. Gonna nitpick though:
>>The state has invested $3.6 million into the university through a program called Next Generation Connecticut, which concentrates on science, technology and research. (Pretty sure it's more than that. I thought it was in the billion range)
>> UCLA men's hoops have not won two national titles since 1999...not that it really matters.

Coming from a Texas guy, I like what I read.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Very nice write-up actually. Gonna nitpick though:
>>The state has invested $3.6 million into the university through a program called Next Generation Connecticut, which concentrates on science, technology and research. (Pretty sure it's more than that. I thought it was in the billion range)
>> UCLA men's hoops have not won two national titles since 1999...not that it really matters.

Coming from a Texas guy, I like what I read.
Oh... I missed that. Anyone wanna get on facebook and post in the comments?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
3.6 Billion, with a B.

He also decided that airplanes don't exist and there are non-stop daily from Dallas and Houston. Travel would be worse for UCONN than the others in the B12 based on current travel.

They keep humping recent lack of FB as if being the youngest program to ever appear in a BCS bowl and more NFL players than half the B12 isn't anything.

Reaction Score
Location? We got 4 major airports within 110 miles to the rent
BDL : 18 miles
PROV: 70 miles
Logan: 101 miles
LGA: 109 miles

Most teams to play WVU have to travel from Pittsburgh right? That's 80 mi

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not a bad write up. Can someone with a facebook account add the following comment:

A fair write up overall. One correction, the Next Generation Connecticut Is a $1.5 billion dollar plan to develop the University of Connecticut a pre-eminent research and innovation hub. Approximately, the first phase is already underway with approximately $300 million already approved by the Board of Trustees.

UConn trustees endorse nearly $300M in projects tied to Next Gen CT

It is the most recent of 3 major capital investment campaigns UConn 2000, 21st Century UConn and Next Generation Connecticut since the year 2000 which showcase the state's and the university's continuing commitment to keeping the University of Connecticut among the nations top public institutions.​

(NGC is listed as $3.6 million in the write up.)

Reaction Score
Not a bad write up. Can someone with a facebook account add the following comment:

A fair write up overall. One correction, the Next Generation Connecticut Is a $1.5 billion dollar plan to develop the University of Connecticut a pre-eminent research and innovation hub. Approximately, the first phase is already underway with approximately $300 million already approved by the Board of Trustees.

It is the most recent of 3 major capital investment campaigns UConn 2000, 21st Century UConn and Next Generation Connecticut since the year 2000 which showcase the state's and the university's continuing commitment to keeping the University of Connecticut among the nations top public institutions.​

Done.

Reaction Score

Done

Reaction Score
Just an FYI to who commented, those Mileage #s are from PAWSARF to airport,
not storrs,CT to airport.

From storrs to airports
BDL: 37 miles
PROV: 55 miles
Logan : 86 miles
LGA : 130

Reaction Score
Can someone who is on Twitter, tweet him and tell him to correct the online story.

Reaction Score
He talks men's soccer and yet Big12 only sponsors women's soccer.
But women will be playing on a new 25 million soccer stadium
Plus, a new 14 million baseball and a new 12 million softball stadium

Not to mention a 65 million baseball stadium they could play at eventually

Someone should post the below link about UConn's upcoming capital/facility upgrades
and new downtown campus (I would, but don't have Facebook)
UCONNHUSKIES.COM :: University of Connecticut Huskies Official Athletic Site :: UConn Club

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Odds for the six schools that they have evaluated so far:

Boise St 20-1
Colorado St 20-1
Central Florida 12-1
UConn 10-1
Cincinnati 5-1
BYU 3-1

They plan on looking at 4 more schools over the next couple of days.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Also, keep in mind these are the odds of a beat reporter from the Statesman. Not like Vegas weighing in here, guys.
Maybe an insight into the minds of the people that he spoke with.

Reaction Score
Maybe an insight into the minds of the people that he spoke with.

Maybe, but even so, he's not an oddsmaker so take with a huge helping of salt.

Reaction Score
Maybe, but even so, he's not an oddsmaker so take with a huge helping of salt.

Agreed. I expect they will evaluate South Florida, Memphis and Houston (not sure about 4th team - SMU or ECU ?). It will be interesting to see the odds on Houston, may tell us a lot about the oddsmaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom