Kimani Young! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kimani Young!

Reaction Score
We’re fortunate to have a rock like Tom Moore on staff. Wealth of experience, yet no ego which allows our young coaches to flourish. Current Associate HC Kimani was amazing last night & will have his own team soon. Future Associate HC Luke Murray won’t be in role for an extended amount of time either

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Not sure we win this with Hurley in the game. Kimani made all the right calls tonight. Great subbing and TOs. Outcoached a HOF coach in his first W. That's legit
I don't like to down vote posts so I'll do this ^^^instead.

The win was in doubt as it was without Hurley. With Hurley, and all else staying the same (It wouldn't, but one hypothetical deserves another), UConn is at worst tied, because Gillespie doesn't have those other to free throw attempts (1/2).

That said, Kimani is probably not on the staff by the beginning of the 2024 season.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Remind me where I said Kimani was a better coach than Hurley?

Kimani was what we needed yesterday. Not everyday, not most days. But yesterday.

You said they lose yesterday with Hurley, I disagree

You said it was Young's cool and calm that won, I think it's Hurley's recruits and toughness that won

I love Young, what I hate most about these threads is that it diminishes someone or something that shouldn't be diminished

Reaction Score
You said they lose yesterday with Hurley, I disagree

You said it was Young's cool and calm that won, I think it's Hurley's recruits and toughness that won

I love Young, what I hate most about these threads is that it diminishes someone or something that shouldn't be diminished

The recruits are already on the team. Of course they won. That's a silly argument.

I'm talking about IN-GAME coaching. What I'm saying is that Hurley's style of in-game coaching was not suited to this type of game. It's why Nova (and Creighton) have consistently been his achilles heel. His style of coaching is also why we were able to pull out some really important games too. Every coach has strengths and weaknesses. I'm saying this game was suited to Kimani's strengths as a coach.

This isn't that hard to get. I mean, you can disagree, but you're either not understanding or purposefully misrepresenting what I've even said in multiple posts in this thread. No skin off my back if you have a different opinion, but you're comparing two completely different parts of coaching, and I'm only looking at 1.

No one in this thread can guarantee who would have, or who would not have, won the game... at least argue in good faith. Goof grief.

If you aren't going to bother to talk about in-game coaching differences, then feel free to not respond at all. That's the discussion I'm having.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom