Kimani Young! | The Boneyard

Kimani Young!

Reaction Score
Not sure we win this with Hurley in the game. Kimani made all the right calls tonight. Great subbing and TOs. Outcoached a HOF coach in his first W. That's legit
I line this and can’t say I agree. We were balling with him I. There. I don’t think we played any different except maybe more emotional. A la Calhoun ejection. It felt familiar and very welcome.

Reaction Score
I line this and can’t say I agree. We were balling with him I. There. I don’t think we played any different except maybe more emotional. A la Calhoun ejection. It felt familiar and very welcome.

We were noticably more composed down the stretch with Kimani coaching IMO. Not saying it wasn't possible under Hurley, but Kimani's style of coaching was better suited to this type of game.

I'm sure there are plenty of other games we would've won with Hurley and not with Kimani. Probably more... he's the head coach for a reason.

But Kimani's brand of cool and calm won this game. He and Tom had control of this game. It is exactly what we needed. They just have different strengths as coaches is all.

Reaction Score
Not sure we win this with Hurley in the game. Kimani made all the right calls tonight. Great subbing and TOs. Outcoached a HOF coach in his first W. That's legit
LOL I knew someone was gonna make a post like this.

Reaction Score
Kimani’s composure was great, and a refreshing change from Hurley. Seemed really dialed in with time outs and plays. Only thing I didn’t like was the switch everything defense that Nova exploited twice towards the end for free throws. Great W overall, great look for Kimani.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
It ended with that. Much more motion disguised it beforehand to get the shot off.

All plays are "just" a screen, handoff, iso etc. It's the stuff that gets you there that matters.
It was the same play they ran a couple of games ago where Jackson got called for the moving screen

Reaction Score
Well he could of substifuted Polley for Whaley on offense before he did but at least he realized to do that when he did.

Reaction Score
It ended with that. Much more motion disguised it beforehand to get the shot off.

All plays are "just" a screen, handoff, iso etc. It's the stuff that gets you there that matters.
Agreed.

But when compared to the hoopvision post from earlier seemed rather straight forward, just an amazing shot by Polley.

Either way I’d rather focus on how well Kimani did overall in managing the team!

Reaction Score
LOL I knew someone was gonna make a post like this.

Read my second post above. Different coaching styles. This game was won because Kimani was tactically excellent and calm. Not saying Hurley sucks... Nova is just the achilles heel to how he coaches. They'll always keep it close and you can't make mistakes tactically. Any one different decision here could lost the game.

Tom was huge too. He must have had the scout for Nova because he seemed to be making a lot of the play calls and defensive adjustments

Reaction Score
We were noticably more composed down the stretch with Kimani coaching IMO. Not saying it wasn't possible under Hurley, but Kimani's style of coaching was better suited to this type of game.

I'm sure there are plenty of other games we would've won with Hurley and not with Kimani. Probably more... he's the head coach for a reason.

But Kimani's brand of cool and calm won this game. He and Tom had control of this game. It is exactly what we needed. They just have different strengths as coaches is all.
Yes. I hope this opens dans eyes to lean on his awesome staff waaaayy more for particular situations. It was nice to see all the Run the plays for their respective specialties.

Reaction Score
Well he could of substifuted Polley for Whaley on offense before he did but at least he realized to do that when he did.

That's the One change I would've made. Was probably worried about Polley getting posted. We're a defensively focused team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom