Kiah Making Big Impression | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kiah Making Big Impression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We might be making too much of one WNBA preseason game where some of Kiah's star teammates didn't even play. She scored 11 points in 25 minutes and got some great comments from her coach (who many on this board despise, but now all of a sudden has newfound credibility). I don't think this necessarily portends that Kiah is going to flip 180 degrees and become an offensive force in the WNBA. She might, and I hope she does, but it never happened at UCONN.

And we blame this on that incompetent user and waster of young talent, Geno Auriemma? Geez, she played on 3 national championship teams while at UCONN, and ended up going #11 in the first round of the WNBA draft. Ya, he didn't develop her - absolutely ruined her...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Seattle needs to rebuild and lands both Loyd and Lewis while the Sun get a 6' 2" post with no outside shot who plans on attending medical school. The WNBA draft has been a farce for a long time. These are not independent franchises who make draft decisions for their own good. If a key team lacks a high draft pick, they somehow manage to get one. People have to start realizing that players are steered to key franchises "for the good of the league". The Sun will never have more than one superstar and those they do land will not stay very long. Chiney will be gone within 2 years, traded for 3 nobodies and a 1st round pick that will also turn into nothing. Donovan isn't there to produce a winner, she's there because she's willing to coach an also-ran and has name-recognition. Rooting for the Sun is like being a Cubs fan. Once in a while you are given some hope but that's all you'll ever have.

Yeah, I know, I'm cynical.
Well it is sort of hard to complain when they trade their pick away to Seattle. When you look at drafts in any sport, it has more to do with management decisions - trades and selections and the luck of the year in which you draft high than with plot. Sun traded their #3 pick before the #1 and #2 picks declared they were leaving school to enter the draft.
Oh and Seattle is a pretty hot mess of a team at the moment with Sue near retirement and Jackson not having played/been injured for much of the last four years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22
Top Bottom