Kia Nurse: early commitment reports; rankings debate | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kia Nurse: early commitment reports; rankings debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How did the various rating/ranking sites have her ranked? I seem to remember seeing a #65 somewhere. My guess is that, like players from Ossining, Canadian players would be ranked lower than their true abilities would indicate.

My composite rankings had her at #65, partially because of the difficulty of assigning points when a system hasnt rated a player. The 5 services have her 14-11-156-NR-NR.

She is #14 ASGR and #11 BlueStar. Dan Olson (ESPN HG) gave her a rating of 90, which puts her tied for #156 in his rankings. ProspectsNation doesn't have her listed, and she didn't make FullCourt's top 50.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Regardless, it looks really good for UConn right now, even if you have to wait a bit for official confirmation.

HGN

Reaction Score
So next season we will have MoJet, Saniya, BB, Nurse, Williams, Edwards and Ekmark. And the year after, we are after Durr and Cole and Gorecki. That is a BUNCH of guards!
Elzorrogris , it is a bunch of outstanding guards as you say..... But I think Nurse , Williams , and Ekmark can swing out and play some wing. Versatility is the name of the game in this class.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I go away for a lousy half hour and this happens!!!! YAHOOO YIPPEY X INFINITY. Such welcome good news. Hope it brings smiles to our two injured/on the mend heroines.

Oh well, apparently IT did not happen...yet. Jimminey Crickets.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
YAY! YAY! YAY!!! I thought after comments after her visit were a good sign, but I didn't expect a decision until after the Kentucky visit!

Does this mean she is not visiting Kentucky?

Earlier tip said she canceled Kentucky.

HGN

Reaction Score
Welcome to the Husky Family Ms. Kia Nurse.........

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
From what I was told by a couple of friends who have seen KN play. They said she is really good. A UConn type player. She can do it all. We've got another good one.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Elzorrogris , it is a bunch of outstanding guards as you say..... But I think Nurse , Williams , and Ekmark can swing out and play some wing. Versatility is the name of the game in this class.
Excellent point. They are all 6'0" and excellent shooters.

HGN

Reaction Score
This is a great 2014 Class coming in for UConn. But I have a concern that some of you may can clear up for me. I value you guys opinions , and that's my problem I know. But anyway, I was wondering how this latest signing could effect the possible signing of AW , since it is a guard heavy class.. There have been reports that she and her HS coach looks upon her as a guard. My hope is that she realizes that she will be allowed to 'swing' to all 5 positions , a la Stewie. Even though they both have front court size.

What do you guys think , do you think she could think we already have too many incoming guards ? Or realize that she is a unique talent that is going to get plenty PT no matter who is on the roster?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
This is a great 2014 Class coming in for UConn. But I have a concern that some of you may can clear up for me. I value you guys opinions , and that's my problem I know. But anyway, I was wondering how this latest signing could effect the possible signing of AW , since it is a guard heavy class.. There have been reports that she and her HS coach looks upon her as a guard. My hope is that she realizes that she will be allowed to 'swing' to all 5 positions , a la Stewie. Even though they both have front court size.

What do you guys think , do you think she could think we already have too many incoming guards ? Or realize that she is a unique talent that is going to get plenty PT no matter who is on the roster?

Her father says there is no decision yet. The announcement was incorrect. Nurse is NOT committed to UCONN.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yesssssss! Welcome, Kia!

Oops. I didn't read all the way to the bottom. Darn. Next week?!!

Last edited:

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Lots of rumors flying around....

Bret McCormick ‏@ASGR1995 29m
Connecticut gets ASGR#14 Kia Nurse 1/2/3 from St Thomas More HS Hamilton Ontario Canada. Played AAU for her father Richard Canada Drive.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
As others have averred, it's very likely that the commitment has been made but word got out ahead of the decision-time that other (IU, PSU) coaches had been expecting.

U

UCONNfan1

My composite rankings had her at #65, partially because of the difficulty of assigning points when a system hasnt rated a player. The 5 services have her 14-11-156-NR-NR.

She is #14 ASGR and #11 BlueStar. Dan Olson (ESPN HG) gave her a rating of 90, which puts her tied for #156 in his rankings. ProspectsNation doesn't have her listed, and she didn't make FullCourt's top 50.
I think you should just composite her around #20. Let's be honest - she's a starter for the Canadian National Team. From what I've read, she's more like a top 10 kid, but to be fair, if you put her around 20 or 25 I'm sure you can come up with a more accurate "ranking" even tho the "services" have not all ranked her. Just MHO...

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Prospect Nation doesn't include Nurse in its rankings but does rate her as a 5-star prospect. Its 2014 ranking has only ten 5-star prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom