Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 101 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
what the hell is BTM?
Flug claims to have a contact within or with close ties to the B1G offices. Generally, the information he tweets is from a B1G perspective. He readily admits he does not have any inside sources in the Big 12.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm sure Flugs is a swell guy but I don't think he qualifies as a Key Tweeter.

I "liked" a bunch of posts recently in this thread that involved his tweets. Then I tried to look him up on Google to get his credentials. Then I realized that I would have better luck getting conference realignment info from Vince from ShamWow.

Still, I like that he tweeted that it's either Cincy/UConn or Cincy/Houston and he's just not sure who got the most votes... :confused:

upload_2016-1-4_0-11-20.png

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
All right, back to Key Tweets...commentary can go back to the non-key tweet thread.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You're drastically underrating Cincinnati. They've polled the area many times and Ohio State has about 25% support in Cincinnati. They own the state, but UC owns the Cincy metro area. Dayton (which by most accounts is merging with Cincinnati for media markets in 2017) is split about 50/50. The combined Cincy-Dayton metro is about 3M people, which would make it the 18th largest metro in the country.
UConn owns CT. I also does quite well in New York. Connecticut has 3.6 million people. New York has 19.5 million people. Together that's 23 million people.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
UConn owns CT. I also does quite well in New York. Connecticut has 3.6 million people. New York has 19.5 million people. Together that's 23 million people.

Yeah but how many of those CT people go to Fairfield U games? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
So in the next round of CR we're competing against another school whose FB program has a dynamic Offense/QB and just had their best season ever? Let's see if the Big12 cares as much about metrics as we hope they do.

Reaction Score
If the function of divisions is to select two teams for a football championship game, why would Oklahoma, Texas, Oklahoma State, Baylor, TCU want to fight each other for one spot while letting the likes of Kansas State and West Virginia have an easy path to the championship game?

Also, why would the northern teams want to give up the opportunity to play in Texas for recruiting purposes?

I'd expect a different split, more like:

Texas - Texas Tech - Oklahoma State - Kansas - West Virginia - UConn
Baylor - TCU - Oklahoma - Kansas State - Iowa State - Cincinnati

No way do they create a divisional system that doesn't have OK and Texas playing every year. I think it would be something like:

East - UConn, Cincy, WVU, Iowa State, Baylor, TCU
West - Kansas, K-State, Oklahoma, OK State, Texas, Texas Tech

Reaction Score
No way do they create a divisional system that doesn't have OK and Texas playing every year. I think it would be something like:

Every conference has permanent crossover opponents when they have divisions. In some cases, there are 2 opponents. So you can be in the same division and still play your rival every year. That east division is looking very very weak. Historically, Baylor and TCU have not been great at football, and a lot of their current success is tied to their coaches. Iowa State has been not good for a long time.

Reaction Score
Every conference has permanent crossover opponents when they have divisions. In some cases, there are 2 opponents. So you can be in the same division and still play your rival every year. That east division is looking very very weak. Historically, Baylor and TCU have not been great at football, and a lot of their current success is tied to their coaches. Iowa State has been not good for a long time.

Not to mention that both of the XII's top dogs, Texas and Oklahoma, are going to want to play in the NYC market (Rent or MetLife) on a regular basis and thus UConn would have one or both in their division.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Can we get an invite before we start worrying about the divisions?

Reaction Score
Can we get an invite before we start worrying about the divisions?

I wasn't the one making them up. I just commented that all conferences have divisions with crossover opponents. A statement of fact.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No, we obsess about every detail, and every possible permutation immediately, thoroughly and incessantly. Are you even vaguely surprised by that?

Of course not. I'll even prognosticate myself. If we get an invite and if Cinci also gets an invite, we will be in a division with Cinci and WVU. Other than that...wild speculation.

Reaction Score

I would imagine OK and Texas would be in different divisions so that there would be the possibility of a OK/UT matchup in the championship game. They would still hold the Red River rivalry every year as a cross over rivalry game but the BIG XII will do everything to protect OK/UT and increase the chances of one of them representing the conference in the college football playoff.

OK, OK St, Cinci, UConn, WVU, Iowa St
Texas, TT, Baylor, TCU, Kansas, Kansas St

Think this would be more in line with what the Big XII would do IMO. Have to protect their cash cows above all and this creates a Texas division for all the Texans to drool over.

Reaction Score
I would imagine OK and Texas would be in different divisions so that there would be the possibility of a OK/UT matchup in the championship game. They would still hold the Red River rivalry every year as a cross over rivalry game but the BIG XII will do everything to protect OK/UT and increase the chances of one of them representing the conference in the college football playoff.

Think this would be more in line with what the Big XII would do IMO. Have to protect their cash cows above all and this creates a Texas division for all the Texans to drool over.
Yeah you can't stack all your premier teams in one division the ACC supremely screwed up putting Clemson and FSU together.

Reaction Score
As much as I'd prefer the B1G or even ACC, this would be kind of cool, playing OU, Ok St every year and likely UT, TCU, Baylor every couple. Even Texas Tech at the rent or K State would be a good game.

And the hoops would be very strong. 5-7!really top notch programs, KU, UConn, Cincy, UT, OU, OK St, Iowa State

Reaction Score
Yes, but in reality that is the draw, to gain some NYC exposure so I could see a prerequisite being we have to play OU, UT there, assuming we wouldn't have both on home schedule every year or maybe not if we expand the Rent to 50k. What is the smallest B12 stadium?

Met Life

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom