Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 103 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
I am an optimistic guy but our chances of going to the B12 are still pretty slim
If it happens great ,if not keep Focus.
I suspect UConn will win 8 football games next year. Wth projections upward.for 2017
If that happens we will be in an ACC/ B1G tug-o-war if available
If the Big 12 took us off the market they will look like geniuses .
The reason we will be good is a maturing experienced offense.
They were children on the line this year next year is a step closer to manhood.

Reaction Score
I am an optimistic guy but our chances of going to the B12 are still pretty slim
If it happens great ,if not keep Focus.
I suspect UConn will win 8 football games next year. Wth projections upward.for 2017
If that happens we will be in an ACC/ B1G tug-o-war if available
If the Big 12 took us off the market they will look like geniuses .
The reason we will be good is a maturing experienced offense.
They were children on the line this year next year is a step closer to manhood.
You are right. You are an optimistic guy!

I don't see the tug of war happening and am struggling to see 8 wins next year, but I'd be thrilled with either / both.

Reaction Score
Shawn clark ‏@kidclark15 · 21h21 hours ago
@desmondconner is @uconnhuskies still trying to get their AAU membership? Any update on this? The BigTen requires it right?

Desmond Conner
‏@desmondconner @kidclark15 @uconnhuskies federal research money is in but don't think it's enough for AAU consideration; keep eye Big 12 stuff more
Wow! DC is usually pretty tight-lipped about rumors. I'm surprised he suggested keeping an eye on BXII. It's crazy, but it really seems like there might be some smoke here.

Reaction Score
Why would actual journalists put their neck on the line like that? More so Jacobs than the one off comment by DC.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
UT- D. Royal Memorial Stadium 100k
OU- Memorial Stadium 82k
OSU- Pickens Stadium 60k
WVU-Puskar Stadium 60k
TTU-AT&T Stadium 59k
ISU-Trice Stadium 54k
KSU- Snyder Family Stadium 50k
KU-Memorial Stadium 50k
Baylor-McLane Stadium 45k
TCU-Carter Stadium 45k
----------------------------------------------
UConn- Rentschler Field 40k
Houston-TDEC Stadium 40k
Cincy- Nippert Stadium 35k

Geesh would like our chances better if we still called our stadium Memorial Stadium
Pratt & Whitney Stadium

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Wow! DC is usually pretty tight-lipped about rumors. I'm surprised he suggested keeping an eye on BXII. It's crazy, but it really seems like there might be some smoke here.

I wouldn't put an ounce of faith in his comments here.

Reaction Score
Matt Schonvisky ‏@MattSchonvisky · 30m30 minutes ago
"No one here is talking about expansion. If people are saying anything is imminent, I'd say they are very misinformed." Brian Davis

Matt Schonvisky ‏@MattSchonvisky · 7m7 minutes ago
Some Texas Perspective on the Big XII with @BDavisAAS of the Austin American-Statesman #UConn
http://thisisuconncountry.com/2016/01/some-texas-perspective-on-the-big-xii/

Reaction Score
Matt Schonvisky ‏@MattSchonvisky · 19s19 seconds ago
Special thanks to Brian Davis of the Austin-Statesman for talking Big 12 expansion. I'll have details after the men's game in Hartford

What does the Texas administration think of UConn?

“Great basketball, not much else,” he said.

-did say league was looking East and Houston competition for recruits a problem. (paraphrasing and interpreting)

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Matt Schonvisky ‏@MattSchonvisky · 30m30 minutes ago
"No one here is talking about expansion. If people are saying anything is imminent, I'd say they are very misinformed." Brian Davis

Matt Schonvisky ‏@MattSchonvisky · 7m7 minutes ago
Some Texas Perspective on the Big XII with @BDavisAAS of the Austin American-Statesman #UConn
The funny thing I find about all these types of quotes, and there seem to be plenty, is it's like a chess match. It's like a chess master telling a tv commentator, "Well, I see that the queen is exposed so I am going to threaten his bishop and rook while flanking my knight..." No one has anything to gain by tipping their hands. "Between me you and the wall, we are very seriously considering UCONN but don't say anything because if the ACC or B1G get the jump on us, then we could be in even more trouble..."

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Not surprising that they have this perception. What are we doing to change it?
To be clear here, this was a beat writer's appraisal of Texas's perception. B12 presidents have the information.

I think the B12 not expanding would be beneficial to UConn, on balance. Gives us more time to catch up in the football department which will help change perceptions more than blasting out emails (no offense @Dooley )

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
To be clear here, this was a beat writer's appraisal of Texas's perception. B12 presidents have the information.

I think the B12 not expanding would be beneficial to UConn, on balance. Gives us more time to catch up in the football department which will help change perceptions more than blasting out emails (no offense @Dooley )

Absolutely no offense taken!

I agree with what you wrote - if the B12 expands and doesn't include us (assuming they take 1 or 2 other AAC schools), that would crush us. If they don't expand, then the objective at UConn remains the same: put all energy and resources into improving our B1G (read: AAU) profile. If/when a conference is ready to expand, we want to look like an appetizing option for 3 conferences, not just 1.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom