Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 636 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
It's amazing how much credence people here put on Internet tweets or news stories. The people who know are under CDA and not talking, the people who are talking are guessing. In the end things will go the way that makes financial sense, and assuming the B1G stops at Oregon and Washington, who is more valuable than UConn? Arizona, Stanford, Colorado ... and no one else. UConn is way more valuable than Utah or Arizona State (as the second teams from their states), especially if the B12 foresees NCAA basketball shifting toward the football model and revenue going to the revenue producers.

GoKU is the most plausible poster because the scenario he's been describing is business-rational. Let's just wait for all the behind-the-scenes work to get done, and it will probably be a good outcome for Huskies.
Very rational post….you must be new to this Conference Realignment world.

Reaction Score
Disagree, I find the placement or not of Connecticut in a P5 conference enormously important, it's just the need to disprove random posters that I find meaningless.
Agreed. I feel it is important too. That is why
I questioned GoKu’s validity to some degree.
This thread is hanging on is every post.

Reaction Score
Is it possible that, with the opportunity to add Stanford, the XII goes to 18, taking all 4 corner schools plus Stanford and us? Or does that require too much of Fox and ESPN?

Still assuming we're out, but just wondering how hard a ceiling 16 is.

If the PAC is dead and there's no need for money to be shelled out there, they have budget room and it will cost less than the PAC alone, so I don't see why not.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Arizona may be uninhabitable in our lifetimes
As far as I'm concerned it already is. I've been there on business trips, the only thing worse than when it's ridiculously hot there is when it isn't. If it's two degrees colder than they think it should be the heat gets cranked up to an unbearable level. They don't have any breezes, so every breath is stale air and the sun is still overly intense, even if it isn't bringing the air temperature to triple digits.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
If it’s really about markets why does adding 2 schools from a state where you can’t go outside for 5 months of the year and 2 schools from a Mormon wasteland make any sense?
Of course you’re right… if it’s really about markets. But it seems some Big 12 presidents have football-shaped eyes that can’t see anything else.

Reaction Score
So how about UCONN and Stanford to B1G to make it even 20?
There is absolutely no way UConn would be accretive to the Big Ten based on the amount per school it is currently paying out. Under any theory. They can wait for the ACC to blow up and look at the prize jewels from there (and the prize jewels are all worth more financially than UConn).

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
On what universe is Cal more desirable than UConn? We could beat their football team now, like this year.

I get that their academic profile is fantastic, but does the Big XII really care about that? They bring zero sports value.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There is absolutely no way UConn would be accretive to the Big Ten based on the amount per school it is currently paying out. Under any theory. They can wait for the ACC to blow up and look at the prize jewels from there (and the prize jewels are all worth more financially than UConn).

re GIF

... with the truth.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I don't think they want Pacific time zone unless it's a huge upgrade to football (and those two just went to the B1G).

Most likely scenario now is a split among Big XII Presidents and the AD on who the best 2 of the available 3 would be. We know they approved Arizona. There probably is not yet consensus on UConn, ASU and Utah. I'd imagine all three configurations might be favored by some schools. We know Yormark would want UConn, but he doesn't get a vote. However, he probably has a lot of credibility right now. Is it enough?
I trust the other Hawk guy more than you about this. UConn is in. The remaining two just changed either the onset of the Oregon and Washington announcement.

Reaction Score
It would have made far more sense to question why folks here were assuming he actually knew anything. As opposed to attacking someone whose motivation may or may not be good.
Easier to talk to one person

Reaction Score
On what universe is Cal more desirable than UConn? We could beat their football team now, like this year.
Because our football program is historically bad. I had posted about UConn's plight outside of our UConn fan echo chamber and that was the gist of it. Our football team is considered "closer to FCS level than even middling G5 level" and that it is our school's fault for "being so bad in the 2010s that they were considering almost dropping football completely." One okayish year does not change that perception.

Reaction Score
Yeah the Twitter frenzy will be an awful look if we get left out. But a bunch of idiots on Twitter want to stay in the Big East so I'm sure he'll get a warm reception there.
We all agree with you 100%. In the short term.
Is it possible that, with the opportunity to add Stanford, the XII goes to 18, taking all 4 corner schools plus Stanford and us? Or does that require too much of Fox and ESPN?

Still assuming we're out, but just wondering how hard a ceiling 16 is.
As you said as long as the partners agree to pay. It always seems to be anyone but UConn mentality.

Reaction Score
But UW and OR are accretive prize jewels of a conference that just negotiated $20m per school? Your theory is they are worthy. I see.

GG

Reaction Score
I trust the other Hawk guy more than you about this. UConn is in. The remaining two just changed either the onset of the Oregon and Washington announcement.
Who is the other hawk guy?

Reaction Score
But UW and OR are accretive prize jewels of a conference that just negotiated $20m per school? Your theory is they are worthy. I see.
I don't think you can explain UW and OR being invited, even at a lower compensation rate, other than the Big Ten's historical relationship with the Pac.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Would they? What would CBS pay for a 64 team tournament composed of all 64 P3 teams?
Probably less but the amount would still be greater to those schools then they receive now and most likely significantly greater. That’s the calculation Yormark is working with.

And the media entities working with him have calculated it’s more profitable for them as well and indicated this to him when they backed his vision.

The statement by C9C9 if he is a reliable source indicated we are considered the number 1 bb brand in the number 2 sport.

UConn is to basketball what Alabama is to football.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom