Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 625 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
What happened to that? Why would they do that when they can raid the PAC 12?

They didn’t do that because the opportunity to kill a conference presented itself.
I get that suddenly there are a lot of cute chicks at the dance that weren't there before. I get that it would be crazy to ignore cute chicks. What I still think is basketball and north east. That's the stated direction. Yormark may have gotten side tracked for a moment but why would he abandon what he thinks is a solid plan? In my opinion, he won't. These PAC cuties are an opportunity that has to be addressed before somebody else scoops them up. But basketball and the north east is still the strategy.

Yormark is bold! Fortune favors the bold. There's no edict that the B12 has to stop at 14 or 16 or ... We're about to see just how bold Yormark is brave enough to be.

Reaction Score
So looks like this was all posturing by Oregon to try to get a better deal from the big ten

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Imagine being presidents of Oregon State and Washington State right now.
Prayer GIF

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This is like the end of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly or is it more like Reservoir Dogs? IDK - but its damn dramatic.

Reaction Score
The PAC is still a dead man walking unless the Apple deal really works out
So is the big 12 and acc. What’s your point? The idea is to buy time until the sec and big 10 really want to expand.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
So looks like this was all posturing by Oregon to try to get a better deal from the big ten

They all want to leave at this point. They just don't want to be the face of "killing the Pac 12". That is a legacy that no University President or Regent wants to have on their headstone. Unfortunately it will happen, it is just a matter of when and how.

Reaction Score
If Oregon and Washington go to the Big 10, the Big 12 teams who can bolt will obviously bolt. I still think that fact that Yormark wants us more than say, Arizona St., has to mean something. We bring more to the table than a second Arizona school.

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
I am pretty sure all the PAC-12 presidents are nervous as heck right now looking at all the options.

Big 12 definitely would've had to blocked my phone number, if I was the wazzu or oregon state president

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They all want to leave at this point. They just don't want to be the face of "killing the Pac 12". That is a legacy that no University President or Regent wants to have on their headstone. Unfortunately it will happen, it is just a matter of when and how.
I don't think it's that they "don't wanna be the one who kills that Pac 12", I just think they don't want the boat to sync until they can find a life raft.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
What we need is a massive social media campaign stating the P-12's survival is dependent on whether the B1G takes Oregon. The B1G doesn't mind killing the P-12 as long as they can claim it wasn't them. If the truth is fully published, the B1G will back off and Oregon will have no choice but to remain in the P-12.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Oregon and Washington were never staying in the Pac-12 if the B10 offer is there, it’s just posturing to get closer to a full share immediately.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
One possibility (I know, I'm dreaming) is this will lead the B-12 to agree to add us as #14 then say to all PAC schools "we can stay at 14 or expand to 16. Decide among yourselves and if two of you want to join let us know".
I like it, but I think it would’ve happened already. If the Big 12 felt that way, they could’ve played that card right after Colorado joined.

Reaction Score
I am pretty sure all the PAC-12 presidents are nervous as heck right now looking at all the options.

Those two guys have it easy. They have no choices they have to make with their careers on the line. They just have to wait to see how things play out. Sort of like us.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
This is like the end of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly or is it more like Reservoir Dogs? IDK - but its damn dramatic.
Well Reservoir Dogs stole the Mexican Standoff from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (that's how the term got its name) so.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom