Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 611 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Disagree. More realignment will happen. There is no way the ACC holds together 13 more years without something changing.

I think BY is an outside-the-box thinker. Apparently he could not convince the XII good ol boys of his NY vision. Last year’s getting BYU, UH, UC, and UCF reeks of reaction desperation. Now, bringing in 4 teams from the least populated time zone is so freaking stupid from a business standpoint. It will result in the collapse of the XII. Now they really are AAC 2.0.

Lol. 2 years ago the b12 was declared dead. Now they’re on the verge of eviscerating one of their competitors and have emerged as the clear #3 conference.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Arizona and Arizona State share a board.
Disagree. More realignment will happen. There is no way the ACC holds together 13 more years without something changing.

I think BY is an outside-the-box thinker. Apparently he could not convince the XII good ol boys of his NY vision. Last year’s getting BYU, UH, UC, and UCF reeks of reaction desperation. Now, bringing in 4 teams from the least populated time zone is so freaking stupid from a business standpoint. It will result in the collapse of the XII. Now they really are AAC 2.0.

They should’ve taken Colorado and UCONN and stopped (maybe they still will but I doubt it. They could have added added Georgetown, St John’s, Villanova, and Gonzaga in basketball only.

I know so many of us believe we are deserving of P5 status and see this as the best chance of getting there.

Let’s see where we end up. I’m hoping ACC. Much more synergy with us and ACC schools With the exception of Louisville and Florida State.

Go 16 (+1) with us and USF. Add 4 basketball onlies (three above plus another east coaster). Maybe bring Army and Navy in as football onlies.

Yes, all of these teams that will be making $40-50M all in over the next half decade are so screwed.

But we’re sitting pretty because you have a fantasy scenario where we join a conference that is bound together for the next 13 years and who just ran expansion scenarios on schools like SMU and not UConn.

Totally rational.

Reaction Score
What about football only?
I think the biggest barrier to football-only (besides all the obvious stuff) would be having an exit fee for both the PAC and Big East. It would tie us to both conferences for a long time. Not that it's really worth worrying about...

Reaction Score

They should’ve taken Colorado and UCONN and stopped (maybe they still will but I doubt it. They could have added added Georgetown, St John’s, Villanova, and Gonzaga in basketball only.

I know so many of us believe we are deserving of P5 status and see this as the best chance of getting there.

Let’s see where we end up. I’m hoping ACC. Much more synergy with us and ACC schools With the exception of Louisville and Florida State.

Go 16 (+1) with us and USF. Add 4 basketball onlies (three above plus another east coaster). Maybe bring Army and Navy in as football onlies.
You need to wake up from your dream. The ACC is stuck in more cement than Jimmy Hoffa.

Reaction Score
OK guess that ends any speculation that we're #14. Probably tomorrow Arizona officially announces its move once the BOR rubber stamps its side of the Big 12 application.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
Why would the remaining pac schools fly across the country to play a bad football program?
My point was about cost. My angle is - if Cal or Stanford or whoever end up going independent, we will probably be scheduling them for a few years

Reaction Score
OK guess that ends any speculation that we're #14. Probably tomorrow Arizona officially announces its move once the BOR rubber stamps its side of the Big 12 application.
Not tomorrow, it’s happening right now in their meeting. ASU and Utah will be tomorrow

Reaction Score
We would have gotten our invite by now if we were. There’s no more leverage fantasy anymore now that the Pac is officially dead.

We’re out.
I think we have one of the spots, they’re using us to get the other PAC teams to commit. Presidents will certainly give Yomark UConn after bringing in 3 PAC teams, bringing in a good media deal, etc. He earned that in his credibility is sky high. I believe holding off on the announcement is strictly strategy.

Reaction Score
Arizona and Arizona State share a board.

Yes, all of these teams that will be making $40-50M all in over the next half decade are so screwed.

But we’re sitting pretty because you have a fantasy scenario where we join a conference that is bound together for the next 13 years and who just ran expansion scenarios on schools like SMU and not UConn.

Totally rational.
I’ve just received a major kick in the family jewels and am trying to find some glimmer of hope. Cut some slack.

The alternative is to just give up. Is that the way to go? Drop football?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Smash Video Games GIF by HyperX

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Wow.

Dodd is really going out on a limb here.
He’s wrong actually. Whoever is left gets all the NCAA credits, the name and the spot in the football playoff. They’d need get to 10 but that won’t be hard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom