Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 498 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Wait... Big 12 isn't a good geographic fit but leaving the AAC, which has a very similar geographic footprint, was the wrong call? lmfao at least try to have some consistency

That.

Or that we needed to do what cincy did, which worked out for them because they got a big 12 invite…which apparently we don’t want?

He’s had a few of the strangest posts I’ve seen on this board

Reaction Score
That.

Or that we needed to do what cincy did, which worked out for them because they got a big 12 invite…which apparently we don’t want?

He’s had a few of the strangest posts I’ve seen on this board
That post is insane.

Reaction Score
Coincidence for early next week? We shall see..
If anything happens then I'll say yes, it's a coincidence. The first line literally says an invite doesn't exist. If this was a piece put out to guide the fanbase then they wouldn't have included that and let people speculate.

Reaction Score
Coincidence for early next week? We shall see..
Fail Charlie Brown GIF by Peanuts

Reaction Score
From the NHR editorial board to the UConn BOT eyes and ears...
This one was from the "Hearst Connecticut Media Editorial Board" which now covers the Connecticut Post, Greenwich Time, Journal Inquirer of Manchester, New Haven Register, Stamford Advocate, The Middletown Press, The News-Times, The Norwalk Hour and The Register Citizen. Have to see if the Courant takes a similar stance.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I’d take ACC in a second. B12 or ACC, take the first that would offer. ACC gets us better travel, better matchups. Plenty of former BE opponents. Even if we miss out on a “potential” 5m a year, it’s a huge raise and the best possible geographic fit.
This is short sighted. The ACC is better than our current situation, but it is not better long-term than the Big 12. The Big 12 is setting itself as a Power 3 conference with SEC and B1G. ACC will implode when the GOR ends and FSU, UNC, Clemson, Virginia, and/or GT bolt for one of the Power 3.

Reaction Score
The ACC is better long term than the B12. They have their own network and their TV contract will exceed the B12 in 2026. The ACC gets about 60% of their ESPN revenue in the last ten years of their contract. The contract is as usual back loaded given the upfront cost of building the ACC network. This is why the ACC is not expanding. They have 5 of the top 20 TV markets compared to 8 for the B1G. The ACC is set up very well long term. They just need FSU & Miami to get back to the level of Clemson.

Reaction Score
The ACC is better long term than the B12. They have their own network and their TV contract will exceed the B12 in 2026. The ACC gets about 60% of their ESPN revenue in the last ten years of their contract. The contract is as usual back loaded given the upfront cost of building the ACC network. This is why the ACC is not expanding. They have 5 of the top 20 TV markets compared to 8 for the B1G. The ACC is set up very well long term. They just need FSU & Miami to get back to the level of Clemson.
If they are so great why are their football leaders trying everything they can to get out? They are making less than the B1G, SEC, and Big 12. The conference is positioned to break apart as soon as those schools can afford to leave. Forget about ND. Their nascent AAU status is a signal that when they need to join a conference, it will indeed be the Big Ten. Maybe a new conference will form with the remnants of the ACC and some of the eastern Big 12 schools in a decade or so. At least UConn will be in the mix if they get the invite now.

Reaction Score
Two weeks ago Colorado/UConn to the Big 12 seemed like a sure thing. Now Colorado is wavering. The Big12 thought they were coming, but 50% chance now. I guess the bottom line is this....crap PAC media deal Colorado/UConn in the Big 12. Decent media deal probably no expansion. No other PAC school is coming. Makes no sense, but that's what I'm hearing.

Reaction Score

The ACC is a dead article long term and the B12 will harvest from the remains when b10 and SEC takes its pieces. This is obvious The B10 and SEC have done what they wanted the whole time.

Two weeks ago Colorado/UConn to the Big 12 seemed like a sure thing. Now Colorado is wavering. The Big12 thought they were coming, but 50% chance now. I guess the bottom line is this....crap PAC media deal Colorado/UConn in the Big 12. Decent media deal probably no expansion. No other PAC school is coming. Makes no sense, but that's what I'm hearing.

It was always contingent on the PAC getting their act together. Maybe the winds inside Colorado changed.

Reaction Score
Everyone awaits the PAC media deal/places so much attention on it, but I think even if the PAC's deal equals the Big12's the final analysis will show that the Big12 will make a significant amount more in ancillary revenue including tournament payouts, creative marketing streams, etc.

Through those ancillary revenues, let's say Big12 schools make an extra 10m more annually. That's 10m more you can put into fb coaching staffs and recruiting budgets. In turn you can communicate to donors to not put funds into the general athletic fund/earmarked to fb but rather to pour their donations into NIL collectives. That's a huge advantage in terms of attracting players. Seems like that alone would make it easy math for the Colorados of the PAC to split. But of course there are other aspects in the decision to stay or go. Should be interesting to watch what happens.

Reaction Score
From the NHR editorial board to the UConn BOT eyes and ears. We have to get this done. The BE is a one dimensional, small catholic school conference. We are the square peg in a round hole! There is much more to an athletic department than men's BB. Besides, we will not be taking a step back in that regard anyways.
Perfectly said.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Everyone awaits the PAC media deal/places so much attention on it, but I think even if the PAC's deal equals the Big12's the final analysis will show that the Big12 will make a significant amount more in ancillary revenue including tournament payouts, creative marketing streams, etc.

Through those ancillary revenues, let's say Big12 schools make an extra 10m more annually. That's 10m more you can put into fb coaching staffs and recruiting budgets. In turn you can communicate to donors to not put funds into the general athletic fund/earmarked to fb but rather to pour their donations into NIL collectives. That's a huge advantage in terms of attracting players. Seems like that alone would make it easy math for the Colorados of the PAC to split. But of course there are other aspects in the decision to stay or go. Should be interesting to watch what happens.
Hopefully enough to drag Colorado away but not so much that it attracts the Arizonas that have more ties to the PAC.

Reaction Score
Colorado is trying not to burn bridges. With the PAC stringing them along they must feel a fiduciary and due diligence responsibility not to act before they have all the facts. My assumption is that their patience is limited and they will eventually conclude either a satisfactory media deal is real or smoke and mirrors. No matter how you look at it, the trajectory of the 2 leagues are polar opposites. And it's highly unlikely any PAC deal matches the Big 12 in terms of exposure or revenue. Remember one of the main reasons they left was the power Texas wielded over the league. The other was west coast exposure that came largely out of 2 teams that are no longer in the league after this year. I think these whispers of them patiently waiting forever are inaccurate. The question they need to ask right now isn't just why should we leave. It's why should we stay?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Pac needs a GOR to get a decent media deal. I don’t think that Oregon, Washington, Colorado or the AZ schools are inclined to sign something that ties them to the PAC. Losing the LA teams was a killer for the league.

Reaction Score
Colorado AD abruptly left the PAC-12 media days immediately following the commissioners talk. Speculation is rebuilding about them leaving now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom