Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 500 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Wait... Big 12 isn't a good geographic fit but leaving the AAC, which has a very similar geographic footprint, was the wrong call? lmfao at least try to have some consistency
The 40mil in additional $ makes it a much easier pill to swallow

Reaction Score
Buddy it is never ending. IF we do move to the B12 the ok let’s try and get to the ACC or B1G when they take more teams. It will never end lol
True…. Sadly UConn is one of two former BCS schools not in P5 conference, excluding ND.

But I think this time is different. We’d potentially be in stronger league that would still be acquirer vs target in next round.

I could live with Big 12 over depleted ACC. Especially if a couple more eastern teams are plucked.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score

Colorado is leaving the PAC unless the PAC has A LOT of magic happen. PAC is a west coast conference, which has much less appeal/value than the other P5 conferences. Plus they lost the two major national athletic schools to the B1G.

Colorado knows the B12 is their lifeboat to long term stability, money, and relevance. They won’t say yes to the B12 until they review the PAC numbers (due diligence), but they are leaving the PAC

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

- Big 12 TV deal with ESPN/FOX is “60% of conference revenue”

- Reiterates “if something is additive, we certainly need to pursue it”

- We have guiding principles for expansion: “Leadership, Cultural Fit, Brand Upside, Geography, Athletic Performance”

- “I want to be a national conference”

- “Basketball is an important part of expansion too”

- Says basketball can lead to “international opportunities”. Says he has communications with Adam Silver on importance and future of basketball.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score

- Big 12 TV deal with ESPN/FOX is “60% of conference revenue”

- Reiterates “if something is additive, we certainly need to pursue it”

- We have guiding principles for expansion: “Leadership, Cultural Fit, Brand Upside, Geography, Athletic Performance”

- “I want to be a national conference”

- “Basketball is an important part of expansion too”

- Says basketball can lead to “international opportunities”. Says he has communications with Adam Silver on importance and future of basketball.

Well, that's a positive, Adam Silver has a regular history of standing on stage next to UConn basketball players, and that is going to happen with even more regularity moving foreward.

Reaction Score
ACC Football Media Day Minutes (7/25/23)

-> Q. You talked a lot about where you are in terms of the conference and looking at growing and expanding and bridging that gap. One of the biggest things that's out there that people constantly whisper about with the ACC, a team that's on the slate of televised games for ACC is Notre Dame. Is there any progress towards getting Notre Dame to join as a full member with football as well, or is that not something that's on the table at the moment?

JIM PHILLIPS: Another really good question. We've had a lot of conversations, let me put it bluntly, with Notre Dame, and they've been very clear. They value their independence, and I think they feel strongly that that will continue well into the future.

If they ever have the desire of joining the conference, they know that we would welcome them with open arms, but I think -- I can't speak for Jack right now and Pete in the future or Father John, but I think it's been a healthy relationship both ways for the ACC and for Notre Dame.

They’re sports, other than football, I think have thrived in the ACC. I think they really enjoy the academic prowess that the ACC brings as well, but they've been pretty clear about their desire to stay independent. So I don't see that changing any time soon. <-

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

-> Q. You talked a lot about where you are in terms of the conference and looking at growing and expanding and bridging that gap. One of the biggest things that's out there that people constantly whisper about with the ACC, a team that's on the slate of televised games for ACC is Notre Dame. Is there any progress towards getting Notre Dame to join as a full member with football as well, or is that not something that's on the table at the moment?

JIM PHILLIPS: Another really good question. We've had a lot of conversations, let me put it bluntly, with Notre Dame, and they've been very clear. They value their independence, and I think they feel strongly that that will continue well into the future.

If they ever have the desire of joining the conference, they know that we would welcome them with open arms, but I think -- I can't speak for Jack right now and Pete in the future or Father John, but I think it's been a healthy relationship both ways for the ACC and for Notre Dame.

They’re sports, other than football, I think have thrived in the ACC. I think they really enjoy the academic prowess that the ACC brings as well, but they've been pretty clear about their desire to stay independent. So I don't see that changing any time soon. <-
So nothing new.

Reaction Score

How is Jim Phillips still the ACC commissioner? He was the AD at Northwestern from 2008 to 2021 during the football hazing issues.

Reaction Score
TV money as part of NIL?

I can't even imagine the total absurdity of this situation.

Hard to conceive that universities have gotten themselves into such a bad mess.

Reaction Score
I can't even imagine the total absurdity of this situation.

Hard to conceive that universities have gotten themselves into such a bad mess.

At least the timing on this news is a good thing with the Big 12 possibility

With this potentially happening, there is now no way anyone can even think about staying in the Big East if a p5 offer comes

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom