Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 469 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Years back I lost a ton of credibility on this forum (assuming I ever had any of course!) when I relayed information from a discussion I had with warde. Turns out he was blowing smoke and I naively posted it here. So while I still believe (great Frank Turner song btw) gonna wait for official confirmation this time And of course. Rule #1

Last edited:
Reaction Score
David Benedict retweeted:

Come on guys. You have to actually look at the tweet. Benedict didn't post this. He retweeted. Who is "Coach Nicholas"? He's the Assistant Coach of St. John's women's basketball team. So, is Benedict giving us a secret nod through the assistant coach of a Big East team? Seems like this has nothing to do with realignment.

Imagine if Benedict retweeted "Packing our bags for the trip we've been waiting for." We'd be fired up only to find out it was just a retweet of a friend's tweet who is going to Australia with his family.

Reaction Score
Come on guys. You have to actually look at the tweet. Benedict didn't post this. He retweeted. Who is "Coach Nicholas"? He's the Assistant Coach of St. John's women's basketball team. So, is Benedict giving us a secret nod through the assistant coach of a Big East team? Seems like this has nothing to do with realignment.

Imagine if Benedict retweeted "Packing our bags for the trip we've been waiting for." We'd be fired up only to find out it was just a retweet of a friend's tweet who is going to Australia with his family.
Yes, yes he is. We're headed to B10, though.

Unexpectedly.

Reaction Score
Years back I lost a ton of credibility on this forum (assuming I ever had any of course!) when I relayed information from a discussion I had with warde. Turns out he was blowing smoke and I naively posted it here. So while I still believe (great Frank Turner song btw) gonna wait for official confirmation this time And of course. Rule #1
Idk what info you specifically posted, but is it possible Warde was just telling you that he was headed to the big 10 and you misheard him

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Idk what info you specifically posted, but is it possible Warde was just telling you that he was headed to the big 10 and you misheard him
FWIW when things were going down with that both Susan Herbst and Warde Manuel were told by ACC contacts that there was nothing to worry about. Within a couple of days we were out and Louisville was in.

Reaction Score

I recall how pumped I was after reading your post. Not on you, you just repeated what you heard. This time, lots of tea leaves for the good guys.

Reaction Score

sounds like you know something , :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I vaguely remember this, but weren't you tight or neighbors with the Edsall's? Feel like someone here was.

Reaction Score
Paying 1 coach $1M more than the school makes annually from their conference/media deal seems… not great. Something’s gotta give
The guy who said he'd rather eat glass than go to the Big 12 is complaining about retaining our NC Coach. Is there some cognitive dissonance going on here or are you just having a bad day/week/month?

Reaction Score
Are you Mora’s agent? It is not a matter of being able. I believe BD was paid pretty well?
What does this have to do with diaco? Get off of it. Football is not comparable to basketball no matter how hard the basketball side tries to rationalize things

Reaction Score
In my time here, and while I talk a lot I don't live on here, you seem to be have been one of the saner types... or my head doesnt have you in the nutter pile :) . But yeah, rumor mills do that. Stuffs going to happen

Reaction Score
You would think this is showing confidence. I won’t believe it until it is official. Been let down too many times.
Exactly. Unless it is explicitly and officially stated I am not believing any of it.

Reaction Score
Dan Hurley's team sells out the building they play in so he earns more money. When football sells out the building they play in then the football coach will get a raise.
If we start selling out a 40,000 seat stadium every game . Then I suspect Mora will get something named after him .

Reaction Score
Huh. I hadn't checked out this thread for awhile and I now see that we are debating whether or not a P5 invite is a done deal. Sheesh!!!

You can drive yourself nuts trying to read the tea leaves and harbingers in the wind. Interpret this little thing and that little thing in a way that foreshadows the outcome that you (we) so desperately want. Figuring out the ways that UConn can get screwed. What the hell is the Pac12 waiting for? Don't they know UConn has a lot hanging on this? Is SDSU going to the Pac12 or the B12? What the hell is Colorado waiting for? Is academic reputation playing a part? Is Mora gonna get a raise too if it happens? What will happen to UConn's portal interest if it does happen?

I think we all need a double dose of Rule Number 1 at this point in case this does not turn out favorably. We need to manage expectations so that no one dies of heartbreak or grief in the final event. ;) ;)

Reaction Score
I think we all need a double dose of Rule Number 1 at this point in case this does not turn out favorably. We need to manage expectations so that no one dies of heartbreak or grief in the final event. ;) ;)
The Pac12 is probably trying to get its act together. Their tv deal is probably dependent on keeping Colorado, Arizona, ASU. Not to mention Washington and Oregon, who would be out the door if the B1G opened the gate. That also impacts the Big 12. We'll have to wait.

Not too worried about the potential heartbreak issues, there's always cardioversion, etc.

Reaction Score
Huh. I hadn't checked out this thread for awhile and I now see that we are debating whether or not a P5 invite is a done deal. Sheesh!!!

You can drive yourself nuts trying to read the tea leaves and harbingers in the wind. Interpret this little thing and that little thing in a way that foreshadows the outcome that you (we) so desperately want. Figuring out the ways that UConn can get screwed. What the hell is the Pac12 waiting for? Don't they know UConn has a lot hanging on this? Is SDSU going to the Pac12 or the B12? What the hell is Colorado waiting for? Is academic reputation playing a part? Is Mora gonna get a raise too if it happens? What will happen to UConn's portal interest if it does happen?

I think the next big event is the PAC 12 media deal. We all are waiting for it to be announced before realignment starts again.

If the B12 really wants UConn, they should just invite UConn on its own. I guess inviting multiple teams at the same time is more splashy vs. just inviting one school. Let's hope that's what the B12 is waiting for.

Reaction Score
I think the next big event is the PAC 12 media deal. We all are waiting for it to be announced before realignment starts again.

If the B12 really wants UConn, they should just invite UConn on its own. I guess inviting multiple teams at the same time is more splashy vs. just inviting one school. Let's hope that's what the B12 is waiting for.
That might happen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom