Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 284 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
I definitely can see an impasse coming....which I think will result in a pause which could run 2 weeks or as long as nearly a year, and then finally an agreement is made and four teams are added. This will provide a little time for the B12 cornerstone schools to shop the other conferences for an exit in 2024 and if they don't get a warm feeling, I would expect resistance to the four school add to finally crumble. The B12 doesn't have a very good future as a 10 school conference centered in one super state with four small rural states.

That's why we have to keep working. Everyone associated with UConn and realignment must work any contacts they have. This goes for schools in our corner and those that aren't. If we can't be Miami (the school that was desired by everyone in the ACC), then we need to be Pitt (the school that didn't upset anyone in the ACC). If BYU, or Memphis, or Houston, or even Cincy get UConn'd (where someone lines up "no" votes because of a personal vendetta (Miami) or fear of being inferior (BC)), then we need to be the easy choice.

This should include everyone. Not just athletic contacts. If the head of one of our academic departments went to school with the head of a Big 12 department, get them involved. I'm not talking about begging or pestering. Just make sure everyone that could possibly be a proponent knows who we are and why they can't live without us.

Reaction Score
Well, feel free to let me know what you think the driving factors are if it is not ultimately tv money. They already have their exemption for not needing a 12-team conference championship game, so they aren't expanding for that. They aren't poaching teams from leagues that threaten their survival, so they aren't expanding for that.

I understand that they will have a "baked in" increase for a 2-team expansion, regardless of which 2 teams they choose (I believe that's correct), but it will MOST CERTAINLY matter who they select as it pertains to their next contract. You can bank on that...

I would just say I have 1000% confidence in anything said by someone who uses block caps and italics in the same sentence. If ever someone had to be right ....

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I would just say I have 1000% confidence in anything said by someone who uses block caps and italics in the same sentence. If ever someone had to be right ....

As I'm sure you are aware, the combination of block caps and italics makes the statement legally binding... :eek:

Reaction Score
I was told Houston doesn't have the votes. I guess we will find out soon enough.

I've said all along I think they expand by 2 with UConn and Cincy. I think that's becoming more and more likely when teams like Houston and BYU have issues. They're going to expand, and I think they were committed to four. But if two of your four are UCF/Tulane/USF maybe you finally have some sense and just take the right two. The two that have played and succeeded in a power conference in the past.

Reaction Score
As I'm sure you are aware, the combination of block caps and italics makes the statement legally binding... :eek:

I don't know if you guys are aware of this, but every time you use caps, italics, or bold font it uses up more bandwidth and drives @Fishy 's costs up.

That means more ads on the BY.

Don't get me started on emojis...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't know if you guys are aware of this, but every time you use caps, italics, or bold font it uses up more bandwidth and drives @Fishy 's costs up.

That means more ads on the BY.

Don't get me started on emojis...
WOW! We wouldn't want to that!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

(Sorry Tom)

Reaction Score
This news just keeps getting better for UConn IMO. The more school presidents are involved the more likely UConn slides up to #11 or #12. Eastern time zone, across the board athletic department, excellent academics, digital footprint, etc just screams UConn.

I vew no expansion as a bigger threat at this point than BYU or Houston getting in first.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

McMurphy spewing the ESPN company line coming up

Weird, has ESPN ended is long standing policy of not sharing its people with CBS, NBC, Fox, etc? The way ESPN always worked internally with all their reporting has made them a bore over the years. CBS, NBC and FOX all allow their people some radio time on the other networks which keeps it a bit more refreshing.

Reaction Score
Weird, has ESPN ended is long standing policy of not sharing its people with CBS, NBC, Fox, etc? The way ESPN always worked internally with all their reporting has made them a bore over the years. CBS, NBC and FOX all allow their people some radio time on the other networks which keeps it a bit more refreshing.

ESPN has relaxed that policy recently. Dan Patrick frequently has people from "the mothership" on his daily radio show

Reaction Score
ESPN has relaxed that policy recently. Dan Patrick frequently has people from "the mothership" on his daily radio show

I remember Cowherd tried to get Stephen A to come on his show, and the answer was "absolutely not"

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Iowa State fans are every bit as concerned and preoccupied with this round of expansion as are you guys. What happens over the next month or so could ultimately give an indication what will be happening in 10 years.

If Texas and OU would leave the conference, there is only an "outside" chance ISU could end up in the PAC with some other B12 schools. There is a less likely chance they could end up in the B10 if they were paired up with someone to make an even number (KU/ISU, Texas/ISU, etc). They do have AAU accreditation and solid fan support, but are obviously from a small population state. The more likely scenario is they would join the AAC or MWC and be on the outside looking in. That is obviously where our interest comes from. I think UConn is one of the schools that could be added that would make the Big 12 look legitimate once again. Though I like playing everyone in basketball and football, two divisions will be more friendly to the mid to lower tier schools in the B12.

I found this board a few years ago when ISU played UConn at MSG so sought it out when the realignment saga began. For what it is worth, I have found the dialogue on this board to be a bit more substantive than some of the others I have been following (ShaggyTexas, LandThieves, OrangePower, and BearCatTalk).

This is, by far the best CR forum out there. The only one that comes close is the VT board.

As far as ISU goes, I think that ISU not being in a P5 conference would be a travesty. I hope that if something happens to the Big12 that ISU finds a good home. The fan support, academics and, for the most part, pretty good athletics would be terrible to lose.

I think that ISU would have no chance if the Big10 went to 16. At 20, there might be a Lloyd Christmas chance as a way of finding homes for the Big12 members if Texas were in play for the Big10.

Reaction Score
This is, by far the best CR forum out there. The only one that comes close is the VT board.

Not our first rodeo, and I guess it shows. Plus the stakes feel very real for the fans.

It's probably also just pathos. We can't just say "We have great football!" and call it a day. Have to dig deeper to make our case into the more complicated business side of things, which hopefully turns out to be what matters at the end of the day. But this is the B12, so probably not.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

As far as ISU goes, I think that ISU not being in a P5 conference would be a travesty. I hope that if something happens to the Big12 that ISU finds a good home. The fan support, academics and, for the most part, pretty good athletics would be terrible to lose.

I think that ISU would have no chance if the Big10 went to 16. At 20, there might be a Lloyd Christmas chance as a way of finding homes for the Big12 members if Texas were in play for the Big10.
There are far less deserving P5 schools. I remember the media playing violins for KU when it looked like the B12 was dead and it would end up in the BE. What's odd to me is that the same media has few issues with UConn's fate. UConn, athletically and academically, is above the median in most measurable of P5 membership yet it somehow has to earn its way in.

Reaction Score
There are far less deserving P5 schools. I remember the media playing violins for KU when it looked like the B12 was dead and it would end up in the BE. What's odd to me is that the same media has few issues with UConn's fate. UConn, athletically and academically, is above the median in most measurable of P5 membership yet it somehow has to earn its way in.

I think you are severely underestimating the effect a young football program has on the process of realignment. What are the youngest football programs in the p-5?

The only successful yong FBS program I know of is Boise 1996 and they are still in the MW. Not sure I could even name a p-5 football program that is young. I think FSU is somewhat new but that was still the 40's.

Reaction Score
I think you are severely underestimating the effect a young football program has on the process of realignment. What are the youngest football programs in the p-5?

The only successful young FBS program I know of is Boise 1996 and they are still in the MW. Not sure I could even name a p-5 football program that is young. I think FSU is somewhat new but that was still the 40's.

Yes, we were Florida State College until the Buckman Bill of 1905 turned us into Florida State College for Women. It remained that way until the GI bill and 1947 when the school became Florida State University. A CFB team was formed in 1947 despite opposition from UFla. However, before the Buckman Bill we did play CFB for a three year period from 1902. Ga Tech was among the teams played in those early days of the leather helmet era. I read that 1905 was also the year that 19 CFB players died playing the sport nationally.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom