Reaction Score
Renu Khator‏@UHpres 4h4 hours ago
TV ratings for UH football... pic.twitter.com/F1pjcxbtet

CV4yEzpXIAA_A-J.jpg

Renu Khator
@UHpres
University of Houston president

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The good news is if Houston is still stumping then nothing has been decided.

Reaction Score
That shows an awful lot about the potential of the conference rather than the ratings Houston or Temple or Memphis create. The perception was that the American was a good conference with several ranked teams and people like to watch ranked teams do battle. I look at that list of games and I think Memphis/Houston was the best game I watched all season.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not sure I'd brag about only having 2 of the top 19 games in my own city.

pj

Reaction Score
Not sure I'd brag about only having 2 of the top 19 games in my own city.

Texas A&M is not far outside Houston and had only 3 of the top 20, same as Houston. Texas had only 2 of the top 20. Only Alabama had more top 20 games than Houston. I'd say Houston did quite well.

Reaction Score
Huh? Alabama was in games ranked # 1, 2, 3....and the Texas-Oklahoma Red River rivalry was only #4. The RR rivalry used to be the biggest game in Texas.

The SEC has been making inroads into east Texas, it appears.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Huh? Alabama was in games ranked # 1, 2, 3....and the Texas-Oklahoma Red River rivalry was only #4. The RR rivalry used to be the biggest game in Texas.

The SEC has been making inroads into east Texas, it appears.

People in Houston are college football fans. They watch good games between good teams. UT sucked, so clearly their attention went elsewhere. A&M wasn't even that good, so again, attention elsewhere, including to U Houston and Bama. LSU has always had many fans in east Texas, as does Arkansas.

Meanwhile I think the SEC intrusion gets an improper bump when they call Baylor vs Ok State an SEC game. Meanwhile, measure these games in Dallas-Ft. Worth and see if the Big XII does better....I think they will.

Reaction Score
Berry Tramel, who is a sports writer for The Oklahoman, had a lot of good things to say about UConn. As far as Big 12 expansion, he said that UConn is back on the table and noted that Diaco has revived football. He also said that Delany sees the Big12 as "vulnerable". It is the December 22 show and he starts at 32 minutes.

http://wvmetronews.com/shows/sportsline/

Reaction Score
Berry Tramel, who is a sports writer for The Oklahoman, had a lot of good things to say about UConn. As far as Big 12 expansion, he said that UConn is back on the table and noted that Diaco has revived football. He also said that Delany sees the Big12 as "vulnerable". It is the December 22 show and he starts at 32 minutes.

Bless your heart for finding that.

Reaction Score
Hearing that was a reminder of the damage of the Hathaway hiring debacle.

Reaction Score

At the 39 minute mark, did he say "the Paul Pascqualoni era", or "the Paul Pascqualoni error"?

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Yes, it's like a Christmas gift to have a little bit of hope.
I sure hope no Grinch shows up to take it all away. I fear I am not as strong as the Who's in Whoville and will probably just break down.

Reaction Score
I sure hope no Grinch shows up to take it all away. I fear I am not as strong as the Who's in Whoville and will probably just break down.
Just some non-key tweeters. You know of whom I speak

Reaction Score
Mitch Harper
@Mitch_Harper
BYU Reporter and Insider for @1320KFAN | Host @Cougar_Center | Contributor @AthlonSports

Mitch Harper ‏@Mitch_Harper · 6h6 hours ago
Biggest takeaway from this article by @SIPeteThamel: 9 schools listed for possible Big 12 expansion and Boise State is nowhere to be found.

Scott Hadfield ‏@scottiehadfield · 6h6 hours ago
@Mitch_Harper I just really don't think they expand west & cover 3 time zones. Although BYUs resume is arguably the best I doubt it happens

Mitch Harper‏@Mitch_Harper @scottiehadfield I struggle to see that happening as well. My gut feeling is that Cincy & UConn will be two of the favorites.

Mitch Harper ‏@Mitch_Harper · 4h4 hours ago
The biggest hurdle in my opinion for #BYU and the Big 12 is geography. BYU-TV is not an issue. Sunday play, yes, but can be worked around.

@clbernal Exactly. With no Big 12 network on the horizon, feels like Sunday play is less of an issue.

With the no Sunday play argument, feels like less of an issue with no Big 12 Network on the horizon. #BYU

Mitch Harper
‏@Mitch_Harper @ryfish65 SLC market, decades of success, large fan base, & they mesh well with the ideals of many conservative institutions in the Big 12.

@ryfish65 There's a lot to like about BYU. Really comes down to geography imo & if the Big 12 wants to embrace a 3 time zone league.

Reaction Score
Pete Thamel ‏@SIPeteThamel · 7h7 hours ago
Per my Big 12 expansion article. Temple's name did come up some because of market and improved football. Boise didn't come up once.

Brian McTaggart ⚾️ ‏@brianmctaggart · 6h6 hours ago
@SIPeteThamel underselling the overwhelming momentum at Houston

Pete Thamel Verified account 
‏@SIPeteThamel @brianmctaggart not underselling anything. Lot of respect for Tom Herman and Houston. Article reflects reality of what Texas schools want.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
These tweets from KSU's President have been put on other threads, but I think they are Key. President Schulz served as the B12's expansion Chairman back in 2010. His Twitter also says he was in NYC for a few days (ironically, around the same time we played Maryland at MSG). I hope there were more meetings between Schulz and UCONN!

Kirk H. Schulz ‏@kstate_pres Nov 23
Thanks to @UConn President Susan Herbst for hosting @kstate_1stlady & I for dinner tonight in Hartford - loved hearing about UConn!

Kirk H. Schulz ‏@kstate_pres Nov 23
The @KStateWBB team played tough tonight against UConn - we will learn from the game and will be prepared for @Big12Conference games!

Kirk H. Schulz Retweeted
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/439435206064222208/_F9lR8Rb_bigger. Noel Schulz ‏@kstate_1stlady Nov 24
So @kstate_pres met #UCONNWBB Coach Geno Auriemma. #KStateWBB is excited to host UCONN at Bramlage in Fall 2016
CUl1BeDUkAAvfxa.jpg

Kirk H. Schulz‏@kstate_pres
I got to meet @UConnWBB Coach Gino Auriemma tonight after the game - an awesome coach and leader! #legend

Reaction Score
  1. All of this conjecture has me fervently hoping in that adage "Where there's smoke, there's fire" & NOT "It could all be a smokescreen".

Reaction Score
If the B12 decides to create divisions, then it's not a bad solution for them to create a north division with Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, West Virginia, and two northeastern teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom