Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 721 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
This has a peaceful ending in my opinion. Stanford and Cal take only 50% shares to go to the ACC. The expansion holdouts get compensation.

The Pac-12 invites all 12 MW institutions and Gonzaga.

The CFP goes to a 5/7 format instead of 6/6.

Everybody but OSU and WSU wins.

Reaction Score
This has a peaceful ending in my opinion. Stanford and Cal take only 50% shares to go to the ACC. The expansion holdouts get compensation.

Nobody really wins. Another conference who has been around forever was destroyed, regional rivalries were destroyed, everyone will be flying all over the country for non-revenue sports...

Reaction Score

Wait! We win!?!?!

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Nobody really wins. Another conference who has been around forever was destroyed, regional rivalries were destroyed, everyone will be flying all over the country for non-revenue sports...
I don’t debate that even though I think college sports are better with 6-7 top tier regional leagues.

Reaction Score
Navy FB to sail independent seas? Or, potentially Midshipmen FB in new PAC west?

Hypothetical, UConn FB in the east. Would UConn be interested in the latter ? ? ? No strong opinion, just tossed out for discussion purposes only.
If the Pac is rebuilding and we can join as a football only, I don't see why not. Dream -- have a 12 team conference with an eastern flank of UConn, USF, Temple and Navy, a western flank of the four remaining Pac members and a central part of, say, San Diego State, SMU, and two others. The eastern flank are all football only members. UConn stays in the Big East, Temple goes back to the A-Ten (which would be good for their hoops as well), Navy stays in the Patriot and USF finds a southern conference without football. As to the eastern schools, three have played at a P-6 level when the Big East had a guaranteed big time bowl for their champion, and Navy has competed at a near P05 level for most of hte last 20 years. Plus, those are all schools that don't embarass Stanford and Cal academically.

Reaction Score
Rice and Bush are pushing hard to get Stanford and SMU into the ACC. It’s probably happening somehow someway.

Reaction Score
O.K., I'll bite. You posted the link. I assume you therefore must know what it means to have the "number one nielsen brand rating" or you wouldn't have wasted our time posting it. Thus, would you mind telling us what it means, since the links seem to just state that without telling us how the term is defined?

Because I'd hate to think you post nice sounding headlines without knowing what you're linking to.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If the Pac is rebuilding and we can join as a football only, I don't see why not. Dream -- have a 12 team conference with an eastern flank of UConn, USF, Temple and Navy, a western flank of the four remaining Pac members and a central part of, say, San Diego State, SMU, and two others. The eastern flank are all football only members. UConn stays in the Big East, Temple goes back to the A-Ten (which would be good for their hoops as well), Navy stays in the Patriot and USF finds a southern conference without football. As to the eastern schools, three have played at a P-6 level when the Big East had a guaranteed big time bowl for their champion, and Navy has competed at a near P05 level for most of hte last 20 years. Plus, those are all schools that don't embarass Stanford and Cal academically.
I've thought the same except Army instead of Temple.

Reaction Score
Awesome that Cal, who sucks at everything and has no fans, will get a landing spot.
Do you understand They’re the Flagship University of the most populous state in The US with 40 million people . They have assets of $136 billion and are typically ranked as the top public academic institutions in the country and is world famous .
The only shocking thing about CaL is with that type of weight they find themselves on the outside at all .
Stanford and Cal ignored athletics as trivial entertainment for the masses or they would both be in the B1G . It demonstrates that if you want to play you better be serous

DGB

Reaction Score
UConn should approach the PAC 4 with a football only conference like this, and honestly you don't even need the central division (and can replace USF with Army). I posted the following a week ago:

West
Stanford (Olympic in WCC)
Cal (Olympic in WCC)
OSU (Olympic in WCC)
WSU (Olympic in WCC)

East
UConn (Olympic in Big East)
Army (Olympic in Patriot)
Navy (Olympic in Patriot)
Temple (Olympic in A10 or Big East)

Would be an interesting football conference that has no impact on basketball/Olympic. Could even get some baseball series with Stanford/Cal/OSU...

Notre Dame might also find this conference kind of attractive for a scheduling deal. Stanford, Army (at Yankee Stadium), Navy (at FedEx), UConn (at Fenway), Temple (at Lincoln). Could "leave" the ACC and park Olympics in the Big East.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
UConn should approach the PAC 4 with a football only conference like this, and honestly you don't even need the central division (and can replace USF with Army). I posted the following a week ago:

West
Cal (Olympic in WCC)
OSU (Olympic in WCC)
WSU (Olympic in WCC)

East

Would be an interesting football conference that has no impact on basketball/Olympic. Could even get some baseball series with Stanford/Cal/OSU...

Notre Dame might also find this conference kind of attractive for a scheduling deal. Stanford, Army (at Yankee Stadium), Navy (at FedEx), UConn (at Fenway), Temple (at Lincoln). Could "leave" the ACC and park Olympics in the Big East.
UConn should approach the ACC and offer to join for free for 7 years like SMU. If Cal, Stanford, and SMU are invited (ND will not join), it doesn't make sense to have 17 football members. You need an even number if you go to 9 conferences games, which makes sense if you have more than 14 members.

Reaction Score

West
Cal (Olympic in WCC)
OSU (Olympic in WCC)
WSU (Olympic in WCC)

East

The reason I think my scenario is more likely is that it leaves the 4 PAC schools with an 8 team conference with the PAC name that stays western, if not pacific. I think that would be preferable than joining the WCC. And it’s their conference to invite whom they want.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
The reason I think my scenario is more likely is that it leaves the 4 PAC schools with an 8 team conference with the PAC name that stays western, if not pacific. I think that would be preferable than joining the WCC. And it’s their conference to invite whom they want.
Stanford is offering to join the ACC for free for several years. They're gone.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
UConn should approach the ACC and offer to join for free for 7 years like SMU. If Cal, Stanford, and SMU are invited (ND will not join), it doesn't make sense to have 17 football members. You need an even number if you go to 9 conferences games, which makes sense if you have more than 14 members.

Isn't the concern with UConn athletics not being in the P4 a monetary one? So the solution would be to join the P4...for zero media dollars?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Do you understand They’re the Flagship University of the most populous state in The US with 40 million people . They have assets of $136 billion and are typically ranked as the top public academic institutions in the country and is world famous .
The only shocking thing about CaL is with that type of weight they find themselves on the outside at all .
Stanford and Cal ignored athletics as trivial entertainment for the masses or they would both be in the B1G . It demonstrates that if you want to play you better be serous
Do you realize that most of their students don’t care about US sports at all?

Reaction Score
Isn't the concern with UConn athletics not being in the P4 a monetary one? So the solution would be to join the P4...for zero media dollars?
It's lunacy in here. Next they'll be saying UConn should pay Oregon State and Washington State for the privilege of sharing a conference with them. They've completely lost the script.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
It's lunacy in here. Next they'll be saying UConn should pay Oregon State and Washington State for the privilege of sharing a conference with them. They've completely lost the script.
What are you talking about? UConn would forego media distributions for seven years. If Stanford and SMU are willing to do it to get into the club, why aren't we? This isn't the Big 12. This is the ACC- a league we have been trying to get into for years. A league with our former rivals (Syracuse, Pitt, BC, Louisville) + Tobacco Road. If we get a half share starting in 2031 and a full share in 2036, we would be foolish not to accept. We get less than 4.5 million per year from our TV deals. We can survive seven years of lost TV revenue with just the uptick in ticket sales alone. Put your pride at the door.

Reaction Score
What are you talking about? UConn would forego media distributions for seven years. If Stanford and SMU are willing to do it to get into the club, why aren't we? This isn't the Big 12. This is the ACC- a league we have been trying to get into for years. A league with our former rivals (Syracuse, Pitt, BC, Louisville) + Tobacco Road. If we get a half share starting in 2031 and a full share in 2036, we would be foolish not to accept. We get less than 4.5 million per year from our TV deals. We can survive seven years of lost TV revenue with just the uptick in ticket sales alone. Put your pride at the door.
Stanford doesn't have a conference and they aren't going to play for free in the ACC for 7 years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom