Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 644 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Unless the schools leaving the ACC will create more enticing matches in the SEC or the B1G, and ESPN can generate more ad revenue from those matches vs. the ones they got in the ACC.
But... the money would go to the ACC. And ESPN would be paying a low amount for SEC games. While the SEC and the schools moving to the SEC would get... nothing.

Reaction Score
I don't agree. There are probably all sorts of secret agreements already in place.
secret agreements to do what? End the prospects for 60% of the conference? I can't see how anyone would agree to that.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
If Utah is in, our only hope is Arizona State is somehow out. I hope the corpses of the PAC got some kind of plan.

Cmon Stanford, Cal, WSU, OSU, and ASU!
If the Utah news is true, it is over for us. The ABR is not going to approve a UA move without ASU going with them now that the only other option for ASU is the MWC. Our only hope was if the B12 decided to take UConn over Utah...but it looks like that ship may be leaving the port.

Reaction Score
Fox will pay less for P12 members and USC and UCLA were negotiated for last year before the sea change at both Fox and ESPN.

UW and Oregon are not going in at full shares and ESPN is picking up more of the Big 12 contract than Fox is - Fox is heavy on Big 12 basketball and less so on football.

The latter point is an issue for us as Fox is picking up more basketball inventory from both conferences.
I have explained the college basketball issues a few times, but here goes. FOX has the rights to one conference tournament, the Big East Tournament. The BTN sucks off the vast majority of the Big 10 basketball inventory. Yes, the Big 12 will provide more inventory for FOX, BUT, the Big 12 will only have (as of now) 3 schools in the Eastern time zone. You can't have Central, Mountain, and Pacific time zone teams playing in the 6:30 PM FOX weekday time slots.

Reaction Score
But... the money would go to the ACC. And ESPN would be paying a low amount for SEC games. While the SEC and the schools moving to the SEC would get... nothing.
What part of ACC is no longer an entity if 8 ACC schools decided to dissolve it isn't clear?

No ACC = no GOR. How is ESPN going to sue if there is no longer an ACC entity if the GOR contract is between the ACC and ESPN?

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
Has anyone checked on George Kliavkoff this afternoon? Someone should call for a wellness check.

Reaction Score
ACC is the next fat pig waiting to be slaughtered. It is just a matter of time so might as well be now. FSU's recent bitching public comments are just the bat signal to get this all started.
But I can show you FSU making the same comments, whining, 3 or 4 times in the recent past. They do this all the time. And they say the same thing. But nothing ever happens

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score

mia farrow dark GIF

Reaction Score
If only twenty is the end point then NC State and Virginia Tech end up in the opposite conference that North Carolina and Virginia end up (SEC or Big). Virginia to the BIG and UNC to the SEC would be my guess.

Question mark on SEC getting FSU because of Florida and Clemson because of South Carolina. But where do they end up if the BIG is at twenty? If UNC and Virginia go to the SEC then the BIG takes FSU and Clemson? I think they take Cal and Stanford first.

Question mark if BIG even wants ND at this point and would just prefer them to wither up and die. I’m sure the media would convince them otherwise so slot out one of the mid Atlantic schools for ND unless it’s NC.

Ironically Duke could be in trouble. Their value lies in going in tandem with UNC and UNC wants them to wither and die. Duke unlike ND is hated by everyone even here in NC.
If conferences go to 24 which I believe they will then it becomes easier to predict the demise of the ACC because the Big12, SEC and BIG will certainly take the best of the rest in the ACC and PAC and G5. Unless they prefer any B12 schools. Kansas and maybe U of A would be possible.

Given your scenario what other teams besides UNC and FSU does the SEC want to get to twenty or twenty four?
There is no way the SEC or B1G take a financial bath on the lesser ACC schools that you're discussing.

They'd get killed. These B1G schools are going to be making $100m a year. Very few schools will add to their coffers.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
This is what I'm having trouble understanding. Why is Yormark the commissioner when he has a completely different vision for the conference? It makes zero sense to me.
Swofford preferred you as well. Commissioner approval and $5 gets you a cup of coffee.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Don't think the ACC will survive the next round. It will be buffet time as soon as 2035 when the ACC GOR is about to expire. What is happening to the PAC right now is what will await the ACC in the near future. I just want UCONN to get a seat at the table, and the B12 is the best option right now.
UNC AD said as much yesterday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom