Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 643 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
So you think that these seven or eight schools are dissolve a conference to void a network deal with ESPN and then they are going to just move to another conference and receive more money….from ESPN.

I can explain why this is not going to happen, but it should be pretty apparent to you.
My argument is contingent on what the final number the SEC and BIG choose as their end point. If twenty I agree with you. If twenty four then I stand by my position.

Reaction Score
Yes. Randy Edsall 2.0 was one of the worst decisions ever by UCONN admin and AD Dave.
It's the one stain on Dave Benedict's record. After year 2, when it was apparent he wasn't up for the job he should have jettisoned his behind. He had less patience with Ollie who won a title than he did with Edsall.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score

It's all speculation, and everything is fluid. UConn is said to have felt great about its Big 12 prospects early this week. Now that week is ending and the possibility seems less likely, even with longstanding support of commissioner Brett Yormark.

It’s over

They just can't, for now, shake the stigma born of several years of garbage football. A major step was taken last year. More, it appears, are needed.

UConn has — again, as of Friday afternoon — likely been left to consider its next move, and it’s not the only school. If you’re Oregon State or Washington State or Memphis or Colorado State (the list goes on) you’re feeling left out this weekend, too.

But that next move is actually simple. UConn has to keep doing what it’s been doing. Keep winning in basketball. Keep getting better in football. Keep operating a nationally-elite department and puffing your chest as a national brand.

And earn your way into the next discussion, like you did the most recent one.

Reaction Score
His choice was bring back Diaco, or bring on Edsall. Those were his two choices at the time (the boosters would only pay the Diaco buyout and new coach if it was Edsall). While Edsall was a complete disaster, I still don't know if it was better to take on HCRE2.0 or continue with the complete incompetence of Diaco.
Yeah it's not much of a choice which is why I never blamed Benedict for Edsall's hiring. Those two choices are like asking "would you like your arm broken or your leg?". You could argue one is better than the other, but neither is good.

Here is a question: If the boosters had any inkling that Edsall would be this disastrous, do you think they would have been so strict with giving Benedict those 2 options? I don't. The Edsall hiring really deep sixed the football program. I would guess almost any other coaching option would have been better.

Mora's hiring is like water from the Lazarus Pit from the Batman comics that revitalizes injured or dead bodies. UConn football broke out of the coffin and has half their body above ground. That's why this season is so important for UConn football.

Reaction Score
I’m still balancing work and this…. Not successfully BTW.

Have we seen any movement by Big 12 on ASU or Utah?

Where’s our beloved GoKU? Is he still rock’n n chaulk’n the huskies?

He seemed very calm and confident this morning, like he knew the game plan.
Me neither, not successful today, LOL.

Reaction Score
Seven schools I believe want to break the GOR. How hard is it going to be for their competitors to entice some holdouts to join those seven in a vote to dissolve the conference?

If I had any doubts prior to this week they are now gone.
That will not dissolve the GOR. Do you think ESPN would be that stupid to agree to building the ACCN only to have the conference dissolved?

Reaction Score
It’s over

They just can't, for now, shake the stigma born of several years of garbage football. A major step was taken last year. More, it appears, are needed.

UConn has — again, as of Friday afternoon — likely been left to consider its next move, and it’s not the only school. If you’re Oregon State or Washington State or Memphis or Colorado State (the list goes on) you’re feeling left out this weekend, too.

But that next move is actually simple. UConn has to keep doing what it’s been doing. Keep winning in basketball. Keep getting better in football. Keep operating a nationally-elite department and puffing your chest as a national brand.

Bull spit. What the hell has half of these schools in the P4 done to “earn” their way in. Go to hell

Reaction Score
Oh my lord, if you’re still citing the AAU garbage ….

Miami gets terrible local support unless they’re #1.
If the BiG gets FSU, Miami adds nearly nothing.
The B1G does what the B1G wants.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Why does everyone keep saying Miami and GaTech?
Miami has been mediocre at best since they joined the ACC. GT worse.
Tho at least GA is a recruiting hotbed.

Miami is way overvalued on the Internets.
NC State and VirginiaTech are second in value in their respective states. States that neither the SEC or the BIG have a footprint.

Clemson, FSU and G Tech could be valuable to the BIG but only if they go to twenty four. Miami? Fuh ged about it!

Reaction Score
Wasn’t available, influenced to hire RE. If you think they didn’t have 150k to give to Dunn, you are naive. Didn’t care to.
Dunn had zero interest in recruiting and all the college rules. His departure had nothing to do with dollars.

Reaction Score
So you think that these seven or eight schools are dissolve a conference to void a network deal with ESPN and then they are going to just move to another conference and receive more money….from ESPN.

I can explain why this is not going to happen, but it should be pretty apparent to you.
I see your point, but isn’t that what happened with the PAC? Fox and ESPN had no bid whatsoever, but now they are paying those schools good money through BIG 12 and the B1G.

Reaction Score
It’s over

I think it's too soon for the requiem and the Connecticut reporters never have any inside information anyway.

Reaction Score
Bull spit. What the hell has half of these schools in the P4 done to “earn” their way in. Go to hell
Nothing. That's why Anthony says it's a stigma that we cannot shake. People do not want to touch us with a 10 foot pole because of the garbage product we've put on the field for the last 10 years.

Reaction Score
Until GoKU says it’s done, still a glimmer.
But reality setting in after exciting morning.

Again, all momentum and ability to really expand, they take two in AZ and now have two in Utah. And of the three being added, two are literally going kicking and screaming.

SMH

Reaction Score
Until GoKU says it’s done, still a glimmer.
But reality setting in after exciting morning.

Again, all momentum and ability to really expand, they take two in AZ and now have two in Utah. And of the three being added, two are literally going kicking and screaming.

SMH
The Big 12 schools do not want us, they never did.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Isn't that what just happened to the Pac 12? USC and UCLA moved for a large increase. It appears Oregon and Washington will get much more than the potential Pac 12 deal was paying. And, the schools that go to the Big 12 will get more money as well. Think about this, the Pac 12 schools in their new conferences will get more in aggregate than the networks were willing to pay for the whole conference. Unfortunately, there will be 2 to 4 Pac 12 casualties.

Fox will pay less for P12 members and USC and UCLA were negotiated for last year before the sea change at both Fox and ESPN.

UW and Oregon are not going in at full shares and ESPN is picking up more of the Big 12 contract than Fox is - Fox is heavy on Big 12 basketball and less so on football.

The latter point is an issue for us as Fox is picking up more basketball inventory from both conferences.

Reaction Score
If Utah is in, it just proved it is much easier to move from one power conference to another. UConn being Indy isn't as bad as being in the AAC, but it is a perception issue vs. other schools currently in the P5.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom