Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 555 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Baylor, TCU, Colorado and BYU are rated higher academically than Arizona, ASU, Oregon, and Utah. The TCU campus is as nice as any in the country.
Or B12 can invite UConn, and we will be the number one ranked school academically in the conference from day 1. UConn is also the #12 ranked overall sports among all colleges for 2022 to 2023. That's #2 in the B12 behind TCU, which is ranked #5.

Reaction Score
Or B12 can invite UConn, and we will be the number one ranked school academically in the conference from day 1. UConn is also the #12 ranked overall sports among all colleges for 2022 to 2023. That's #2 in the B12 behind TCU, which is ranked #5.
Add vicinity and our ownership of the largest tv market! You see what I am saying?

Reaction Score
This is such bs, essentially saying look I know something is happening but I won’t say what it is. Bush league stuff.
Didn't Thamel just tweet essentially the same thing? That Arizona, Utah, and Arizona State would act in unison or something like that. I think they both have scoops with a promise of not expressly stating them. Who knows.

Reaction Score
Didn't Thamel just tweet essentially the same thing? That Arizona, Utah, and Arizona State would act in unison or something like that. I think they both have scoops with a promise of not expressly stating them. Who knows.
He is doing everything he can to prevent UConn from getting into a P5. What do you expect from a fruit fan?

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
I'd rather grab schools in the fastest growing part of the country. The Carolinas, Georgia, and Florida where college sports are a religion and everyone is moving to. I assume there's nothing left in Texas that would be worthwhile to the B1G.
USC is one of the traditional football powers in an area where they’re a ton of Big10 alumni. If you can get a USC, you don’t turn that down. Games against Michigan, OSU and PSU would be ratings juggernauts. Even games against Wisconsin and Michigan State would be a ratings killer. These games pitting traditional powers is what drives ratings. USC is one of those teams.

Reaction Score
I think the Big 12 would be really stupid to jump from 12 schools to 16 schools by adding 4 PAC schools.
The PAC 12 was falling behind in revenue, in part because they were a west coast conference and there weren't enough eyeballs watching.
Then 2 of the more valuable teams leave, and it's the PAC 10. Still a west coast conference with not enough eyeballs watching.

If the Big 12 is paying attention, they would realize that strictly expanding west is not the best option.
3 PAC schools + UConn makes a lot more sense than 4 PAC schools.

Reaction Score
I think the Big 12 would be really stupid to jump from 12 schools to 16 schools by adding 4 PAC schools.
The PAC 12 was falling behind in revenue, in part because they were a west coast conference and there weren't enough eyeballs watching.
Then 2 of the more valuable teams leave, and it's the PAC 10. Still a west coast conference with not enough eyeballs watching.

If the Big 12 is paying attention, they would realize that strictly expanding west is not the best option.
3 PAC schools + UConn makes a lot more sense than 4 PAC schools.
Totally agree... dont see ASU moving the needle as much as us. If Arizona requires ASU to tag along, then BY should say byeeeee and just invite us. Sadly I dont think thats what ends up happening

Mister Wonderful

Even when I think I’m wrong, I’m right
Reaction Score
It done. Arizona puts the nail in the coffin.
IMG_0110.jpeg

Reaction Score
I have no opinion there but a 365 interviewee said tomorrow's Pac-12 media deal will be in the low 20s. If that's true we can guess what's next.
Mid to high 20s might keep Arizona but I don't think so. This might keep the rest of the PAC together though.

Reaction Score
This is my last post till this is all done, which should be by Friday or early next week. I stand by what I posted. There will be 16 teams, Colorado Arizona UConn and ASU. If I'm wrong, I will be back here to own it.
Appreciate all of your updates. From pure strategies and strategic point of view, these are the best moves for the B12. This will satisfy the current B12 schools and its Eastern schools.

Reaction Score
Bob Thompson@rltsports
Retired President of Fox Sports Networks and BTN Co-founder.

Reaction Score

Wait.... what else does TCU have besides football?

Reaction Score
Add vicinity and our ownership of the largest tv market! You see what I am saying?
You guys seem to think business minded people using logic are making decisions. This has to do with a lot of ego overriding the rational brains of grown men.

Reaction Score
I think football got them a lot of ranking points last year. This was a ranking done by CBS Sports for 2022-23.
Ok yeah that tracks, gotta love a single sport being valued way more than the rest, but that's sports media for you

Come On Please GIF by NBA

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
This is my last post till this is all done, which should be by Friday or early next week. I stand by what I posted. There will be 16 teams, Colorado Arizona UConn and ASU. If I'm wrong, I will be back here to own it.
Why so many people are buying this, I’ll never understand. We’re like a week removed from his claim being we were next after Colorado, remember when we were just waiting for their announcement? And if he’s right about this, it’s not proof of anything, he’s just reading the tea leaves as they fall. Coming back to “own it” doesn’t do anything for the people who were tortured with hope, by the way.

Reaction Score
I don't see the appeal of Arizona. If I'm the Big 12 I grab ASU and either stop at 14 or take Utah and UConn to get to 16.

Reaction Score
Appreciate all of your updates. From pure strategies and strategic point of view, these are the best moves for the B12. This will satisfy the current B12 schools and its Eastern schools.

Why leave now if all the good stuff is about to happen? This makes me very skeptical of your information!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom