Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 180 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Not strictly CR, but tangentially related. Will ACC go similar route?

I guess I am getting old, because while I'll use apple tv, espn III and several other streaming services on occasion, I don't see myself getting involved in twitter - ever.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I guess I am getting old, because while I'll use apple tv, espn III and several other streaming services on occasion, I don't see myself getting involved in twitter - ever.
When twitter did a test broadcast of Wimbledon, IIRC you didn't need to have a twitter account or even use the mobile app. You could just open the url on a browser and it worked pretty well (for me at least). Will be interesting to see if other sports use the same approach. I don't think I tried to watch their NFL broadcast.

Reaction Score
Twitter: monthly active users 2010-2016 - Statista

Twitter has a decent number of users who may be able to cross promote events on other social media platforms. No idea how many are football fans, or college sports fans in general or how they monetize that distribution. But it may be totally irrelevant if they' re just doing Olympic sports.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Seems like a desperate move

Is this mostly based on women's hoops and field hockey?
Please start typing your posts UNDER the post you're quoting as 99.9% of posters here do. Sorry if it's OCD but it always throws me off. I suppose I could just block you. Or you could stop posting.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The AD RT about UConn athletic status, which is based on success in WBball and Field Hockey.

Please start typing your posts UNDER the post you're quoting as 99.9% of posters here do. Sorry if it's OCD but it always throws me off. I suppose I could just block you. Or you could stop posting.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The AD RT about UConn athletic status, which is based on success in WBball and Field Hockey.
So you didn't read the article. Now the fact that your nonsensical babble doesn't making sense, makes sense.

Reaction Score
Ian Fitzsimmons ‏@Ianfitzespn 3h3 hours ago
1st day back is Big 12 Media Days. Bob Bowlsby told me he'll advise the board to expand & is in favor of 2 divisions

Ian Fitzsimmons ‏@Ianfitzespn 3h3 hours ago
Expand meaning Bowlsby said "I would agree w/ you that we are the most poachable of the Power 5 conferences so my advice would be to expand"

RedDirtSport‏@RedDirtSport
RedDirtSport Retweeted Ian Fitzsimmons

I mean great. He can advice all he wants, just hope the board listens because otherwise woof

Ian Fitzsimmons ‏@Ianfitzespn 2h2 hours ago
Ian Fitzsimmons Retweeted RedDirtSport

And that has always been the problem with the Big 12

Ian Fitzsimmons ‏@Ianfitzespn 2h2 hours ago
Listening back to my conversation w/ Commissioner Bowlsby the exact quote is "he can't argue w/ me that the Big 12 is the most poachable."

bluedomination‏@bluedomination
@Ianfitzespn So he never said he was in favor of expansion?

Ian Fitzsimmons ‏@Ianfitzespn 58m58 minutes ago
Ian Fitzsimmons Retweeted bluedomination

The opposite - said he would advise the board for "slight expansion."

Brian Ash‏@the_BGA_tour
@Ianfitzespn Can you clarify? It sounds like you're backing off your initial tweet that Bowlsby said his advice is to expand.

Ian Fitzsimmons ‏@Ianfitzespn 31m31 minutes ago
Ian Fitzsimmons Retweeted Brian Ash

Huh? I clarified his quote on him saying he couldn't argue w/me saying the Big 12 is the most poachable conference.

BYU Cougar Corner‏@byucougarcorner
@Ianfitzespn @bluedomination most pertinent question, do the schools care what he recommends?

Ian Fitzsimmons ‏@Ianfitzespn 30m30 minutes ago
Ian Fitzsimmons Retweeted BYU Cougar Corner

History has shown they all have their own agendas instead of a unified one.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Trying to force the B12 to make a move. Not the dumbest idea.

Yeah, but nothing changes the cold hard facts that Houston won't deliver a new cable box market, even if cable boxes are on the decline, it still matters and will for some time to come.

One the B12 settles down, maybe the P12 will ponder the central time zone again as they need a bigger footprint too.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I wouldn't call the B12 the most poachable, most poached yes. Most likely to have it's core members bolt, yes.

Reaction Score
Joseph Duarte ‏@Joseph_Duarte · 2h2 hours ago
UH athletic director Hunter Yurachek meets with Pac-12 commissioner

While the Big 12 decides whether to expand, the University of Houston is exploring other options.
Hunter Yurachek, UH’s vice president for intercollegiate athletics, recently met with Pac-12 Conference commissioner Larry Scott.

During a West Coast trip in June, Yurachek requested an “introductory meeting” with Scott at the league offices in San Francisco, a Pac-12 spokesman confirmed Monday. A university source did not disclose the nature of the talks, but it is believed that one of the topics was conference expansion.

Yurachek has not been available for comment.

As recent as last month, the Pac-12 has indicated it is content at 12 members and is not in expansion mode.

If the league considers expansion, UH – which currently competes in the American Athletic Conference – would provide access to the nation’s fourth-largest city and a footprint in Texas.

UH officials have been pushing for inclusion in the one of the Power Five conferences, most notably the Big 12, but Yurachek said in May that the school must “keep all our options open.”

Reaction Score
I highly doubt that Grant of Rights comes without any provisos. They get a network that launches in three years from now, and suddenly schools are going to pledge themselves to a league for 20 years? Sure.

Reaction Score
I highly doubt that Grant of Rights comes without any provisos. They get a network that launches in three years from now, and suddenly schools are going to pledge themselves to a league for 20 years? Sure.

FSU couldn't find a better home, so time to buckle down and do the ACCn?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom