Kenya Hunter to Indiana | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Kenya Hunter to Indiana

Reaction Score
Respectfully, I will point out that your linking the failed CDRA with the state investing in the infrastructure of its colleges and universities is a false premise. All states fund their public universities, but Connecticut is unique mandating that it’s flagship university play home games a half hour away from campus and pay artificially high amounts for that privilege. The end result is the funds Connecticut pays to lease these venues hides the losses of the CDRA: and artificially inflate the deficit in our athletic department. Chief is spot on on this.

You misunderstand, I’m not linking CRDA with State funding of UCONN, they’re not related. I was commenting to his point that UCONN is being bled by the State/CRDA which is not true.

There is no denying that having games in Hartford are good for the fans that have to drive from Fairfield, Litchfield or New Haven Counties. Who are also the big donors. Most fans don’t have time to drive an hour or two to see a game during the week when they’re working and managing a family. Imagine what the AD would look like without donations. we should be playing in Bridgport regularly as well.

The CRDA is not a failed entity. It’s strapped with the XL center, the CT Tennis Center, and a bunch of other “economic development” money losing venues driven by the legislature. CRDA makes money on its core business which is lending and equity positions in market rate real estate development.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The CRDA is not a failed entity. It’s strapped with the XL center, the CT Tennis Center, and a bunch of other “economic development” money losing venues driven by the legislature. CRDA makes money on its core business which is lending and equity positions in market rate real estate development.
1598623250769.png

And that is after charging UConn above market lease rates for the XL and the Rent. Those leases mask the true operating losses and add to UConn AD's loss. A more reasonable approach would be to spite the profit from the games with UConn.

Reaction Score
View attachment 58134

And that is after charging UConn above market lease rates for the XL and the Rent. Those leases mask the true operating losses and add to UConn AD's loss. A more reasonable approach would be to spite the profit from the games with UConn.

Covid has made me sick to view P & Ls can we lose this post. LOL

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Yeah. UConn would be so much better off without the state. Obvious to all who aren't casual.

Reaction Score
UConn athletics is definitely not a self sustaining program like many of the Power 5 conferences.
As taxpayers, we are 'investing' in a broken system.
I think basketball and most of the other men's and women's sports are terrific- Football needs to be scrapped. It's a forever losing proposition

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
UConn athletics is definitely not a self sustaining program like many of the Power 5 conferences.
As taxpayers, we are 'investing' in a broken system.
I think basketball and most of the other men's and women's sports are terrific- Football needs to be scrapped. It's a forever losing proposition

Proof that the Big Ten is afraid of our powerhouse football program!

Reaction Score
View attachment 58134

I’m not arguing the XL Center, The Rent, Dillon Stadium, CT Tennis Center lose money.

My argument is that chief, et al need to stop blaming CRDA and highly paid lobbyist (???) for UCONNs athletic deficit. It’s UCONNs (Hathaway) fault for missing the boat on P5 money so stop blaming anyone else.

The tax payers paid for the infrastructure, UCONN failed to get an invite into a P5 league and UCONN failed to produce even a reasonably competitive football program.

Reaction Score
I’m not arguing the XL Center, The Rent, Dillon Stadium, CT Tennis Center lose money.

My argument is that chief, et al need to stop blaming CRDA and highly paid lobbyist (???) for UCONNs athletic deficit. It’s UCONNs (Hathaway) fault for missing the boat on P5 money so stop blaming anyone else.

The tax payers paid for the infrastructure, UCONN failed to get an invite into a P5 league and UCONN failed to produce even a reasonably competitive football program.
I can't like this enough. You can add others to Hathaway though he started the decline but two others drove the stake through UConn's heart.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

What the heck does UConn subsidizing the CDRA have to do with realignment?

Regardless, your claim that they are profitable is directly refuted by their financials. They run a 8 figure loss. They are a bad deal for Connecticut generating losses even if you don't include the above market leases UConn has to pay. UConn subsidizing them is just an accounting trick. In the end that money still comes out of the taxpayer's pockets.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Would love to play Indiana this year (or any games really)

Reaction Score

Uconn did mess this up on their own, even if that is a convenient position.

Reaction Score
there are like 4 reasons I find this tweet funny

IU does have 5 banners hanging from Assembly Hall - It's been a long time since Keith Smart and Steve Alford won the last one....but the time is right

Reaction Score
BigTenKen says playing at the “highest level” NC State gives Sweaty Archie Archanine Miller the difference over Hurley.

KardashianKen is a clown and not head coaching material. Doesn’t know how to give an honest answer to a simple question.

Reaction Score
We’ll see who wins another championship first. I’d pick us and a lot of other schools ahead of IU. That fanboy Bloomington journalist doesn’t know what’s cooking in Storrs. Kenya got a promotion to Associate Head Coach and took it. Not that big of a deal. We still have a great staff.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
We’ll see who wins another championship first. I’d pick us and a lot of other schools ahead of IU. That fanboy Bloomington journalist doesn’t know what’s cooking in Storrs. Kenya got a promotion to Associate Head Coach and took it. Not that big of a deal. We still have a great staff.

Yeah, even with National Flag Blue glasses on, I would think UConn v. Indiana over who wins multiple championships over next decade, UConn is the favorite.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom