Kemba Walker... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kemba Walker...

Reaction Score
In your exuberance to keep a false narrative alive you forgot your closing quotation mark. A pity. Maybe when you quadruple down (Peter Pan, Danny Granger, Batum) next time, you'll break the internet.

A few pages ago, someone well-meaning asked, "Are people really thinking that Kemba's going into the HoF?" The answer then, as now, was, "No," but the suggestion was floated not to bet against it.

You've been feeding and watering the notion that the OP then or throughout this thread overreached on the matter. We get it. You can't read. Otherwise, you've got a winner.

Hans, Bubbey...I'm your white knight.

Reaction Score
From the beginning I used the word "could" not "will". Kemba has a long way to go, but if he keeps playing like he has his past 2 seasons, he will certainly be a candidate that will be worthy of consideration. I don't see why this is so difficult to comprehend.

And the comparison to Danny Granger is baffling. Granger was an all star once in his career, while Kemba has been an all star the past two years, is his team's all time leading scorer, carried his college team to a National Championship, was the MOP of the Final Four, won the Bob Cousy award as a Junior AND still has at least half his NBA career left to play assuming he stays healthy. I really dont think the Hall of Fame is out of reach if the second half of his career is similar to the last two years. Maurice Cheeks is in the Hall of Fame with four all star appearances and one NBA Championship. Those are credentials that Kemba could easily surpass if he gets into the right situation. I would argue that Kemba's last 3 seasons were better than any 3 year stretch in Mo Cheeks career.

You would think any UConn fan would embrace the notion that another one of our players "could" one day join Ray Allen as a Hall of Famer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There's little chance of this.

If we were talking Cooperstown or Canton, there would be no chance. Speculating about the next 7 years of Kemba Walker's NBA career is not worth much. But I suppose if you are a fanboy ... you do that. And I LOVE Kemba.

Reaction Score
There's little chance of this.

If we were talking Cooperstown or Canton, there would be no chance. Speculating about the next 7 years of Kemba Walker's NBA career is not worth much. But I suppose if you are a fanboy ... you do that. And I LOVE Kemba.

It’s somewhat about luck with KW. He’s on the edge. His metrics are very good but he needs that fan hyperbole that comes with winning and championships. We know he can ball. He, and we, need a team where he is thrust into a the high pressure situation where he is challenged and can react, or not. I’ll put house on he delivers. If these special situations develop he could easily become HOF worthty. You’re crazy to bet against him. He’s proven that already.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
IIRC, Mo Cheeks was the career leader in assists at one point.

Walker would have to go on a Steve-Nash-ian run. I don't see it.

And forget Kemba's college career. It plays exactly zero part in HoF consideration.

Reaction Score
IIRC, Mo Cheeks was the career leader in assists at one point.

Walker would have to go on a Steve-Nash-ian run. I don't see it.

And forget Kemba's college career. It plays exactly zero part in HoF consideration.

That is absolutely wrong. Its the Basketball Hall of Fame, not the NBA Hall of Fame. College and international achievments absolutely do count.

Husky25

Reaction Score
That is absolutely wrong. Its the Basketball Hall of Fame, not the NBA Hall of Fame. College and international achievments absolutely do count.

By that logic, Kevin Garnett is not making the HoF (he will) because he had no college career and Christian Laettner should be in the HoF on his own merits (like ever other member of the Dream Team, including the coach, 2 assistants and whatever HoF in which trainers are honored.), because he was arguably the best and most clutch college player ever. How about Len Bias?

Most HoF had outstanding college careers (as I said in a previous post). They distinquish themselves as professionals in the most competitive and prestigious league in the world (also in that post).

Reaction Score
By that logic, Kevin Garnett is not making the HoF (he will) because he had no college career and Christian Laettner should be in the HoF on his own merits (like ever other member of the Dream Team, including the coach, 2 assistants and whatever HoF in which trainers are honored.), because he was arguably the best and most clutch college player ever. How about Len Bias?

Most HoF had outstanding college careers (as I said in a previous post). They distinquish themselves as professionals in the most competitive and prestigious league in the world (also in that post).

Some guys like Garnett have fantastic pro careers and that alone is enough to get them in. Other guys like Bill Walton are in due to a mix of College and pro achievments, in his case it was mostly his college stuff. If you read his write up from the HOF, about 2/3 of it talks about his college career.

Things like MOP of the Final 4 absolutely do count in terms of Final 4 consideration. In Kemba's case, he needs a bunch more years of all star level play to get in, but it is cettainly possible.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Some guys like Garnett have fantastic pro careers and that alone is enough to get them in. Other guys like Bill Walton are in due to a mix of College and pro achievments, in his case it was mostly his college stuff. If you read his write up from the HOF, about 2/3 of it talks about his college career.

Things like MOP of the Final 4 absolutely do count in terms of Final 4 consideration. In Kemba's case, he needs a bunch more years of all star level play to get in, but it is cettainly possible.

Comparing Kemba Walker to Bill Walton is not going to work out well for your argument.

Bottom line is that Walker needs to become, if not surpass, the second coming of Steve Nash (again, from a prior post.).

Short of that, I don't see it.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

I was going to say something snarky but you got it.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
1D055400-EF61-40FE-B5BE-E8136CE6042D.png
Comparing Kemba Walker to Bill Walton is not going to work out well for your argument.

Bottom line is that Walker needs to become, if not surpass, the second coming of Steve Nash (again, from a prior post.).

Short of that, I don't see it.

But we’re addressing the idea that you’re saying college achievements mean nothing.

That’s just not true.

A decent comp could be Danny Manning, who had a decent, not spectacular (for a #1 overall with his college credentials, maybe slightly disappointing) NBA career.

Husky25

Reaction Score
View attachment 33177

But we’re addressing the idea that you’re saying college achievements mean nothing.

That’s just not true.

A decent comp could be Danny Manning, who had a decent, not spectacular (for a #1 overall with his college credentials, maybe slightly disappointing) NBA career.

Must have missed when Manning was inducted into the Hall of Fame...Nope. I didn't.

Reaction Score
Must have missed when Manning was inducted into the Hall of Fame...Nope. I didn't.

What you are missing is that Kemba is still in his 20's and has many productive years ahead of him, and already has a slew of significant accomplishments. I am not saying he is a likely hall of famer, but he certainly has a legitimate shot if he plays at his current level for another 7 or 8 years.

Husky25

Reaction Score
What you are missing is that Kemba is still in his 20's and has many productive years ahead of him, and already has a slew of significant accomplishments. I am not saying he is a likely hall of famer, but he certainly has a legitimate shot if he plays at his current level for another 7 or 8 years.

...I certainly wouldnt bet against him.

I haven't missed anything. I've addressed every one of your points, even when you attempt to move the goal posts.

Saying that you wouldn't bet against Walker being inducted into the Hall of Fame pretty much directly contradicts "not saying he is a likely hall of famer." Which is it? Also 7-8 years of current performance likely wouldn't cut it either. Steve Nash won his MVPs at 31 and 32 and then played nine more seasons after that.

As much fun as March/April 2011 was, I would absolutely bet against his induction into The Naismith Hall. It's a bet not worth making though.

Reaction Score
I haven't missed anything. I've addressed every one of your points, even when you attempt to move the goal posts.

Saying that you wouldn't bet against Walker being inducted into the Hall of Fame pretty much directly contradicts "not saying he is a likely hall of famer." Which is it? Also 7-8 years of current performance likely wouldn't cut it either. Steve Nash won his MVPs at 31 and 32 and then played nine more seasons after that.

As much fun as March/April 2011 was, I would absolutely bet against his induction into The Naismith Hall. It's a bet not worth making though.

Another 7-8 years of all star caliber performance and he absolutely gets in. He doesn't have enough credentials to get in YET, but by the end of his career he certainly could. And I certainly wouldnt bet against him, especially given all the productive years still ahead of him.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

That’s my mistake. Nevertheless, the overall point stands.

Their college careers do matter.

So I’m clear, I’m not saying it’s likely either. I just haven’t dismissed the possibility outright.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Another 7-8 years of all star caliber performance and he absolutely gets in. He doesn't have enough credentials to get in YET, but by the end of his career he certainly could. And I certainly wouldnt bet against him, especially given all the productive years still ahead of him.
Head bang

Whatever makes you sleep better at night. Should have recognized after the first response that nothing will convince you otherwise. That's on me, but given the lack of angles in trying to reason with the unreasonable, I also recognize when it is time to bow out.

Reaction Score
From the beginning I used the word "could" not "will". Kemba has a long way to go, but if he keeps playing like he has his past 2 seasons, he will certainly be a candidate that will be worthy of consideration. I don't see why this is so difficult to comprehend.

And the comparison to Danny Granger is baffling. Granger was an all star once in his career, while Kemba has been an all star the past two years

Must be very baffling to you that Kobe Bryant (18-time All Star) is compared to Michael Jordan (14-time All Star).

Reaction Score
Must be very baffling to you that Kobe Bryant (18-time All Star) is compared to Michael Jordan (14-time All Star).

Danny Granger didnt win a National Championship in college and was not the Most Outstanding Player of the Final 4. He also does not hold any NBA team records like Kemba does as the all time scoring leader for the Hornets (with half a career to go).

Granger only made one All Star team in his whole career. Kemba should have many by the time he retires. Poor comparison.

Reaction Score

Kemba was the 3rd injury replacement in the All Star Game. Stop pretending like he was so dominate and earned an all star bid outright. He needed 3 players to get hurt and he was still a questionable add as Ben Simmons had a better season on a better team. He failed to lead his team to the playoffs in arguably the worst conference in NBA history the past 2 seasons IN HIS PRIME.

Reaction Score
Danny Granger didnt win a National Championship in college and was not the Most Outstanding Player of the Final 4. He also does not hold any NBA team records like Kemba does as the all time scoring leader for the Hornets (with half a career to go).

Granger only made one All Star team in his whole career. Kemba should have many by the time he retires. Poor comparison.

Absolutely LOVE how much being the all time leading scorer for the Hornets means to you. When Alonzo Mourning gave his HOF speech I missed the part about how being the Hornets all time leader in blocked shots was the greatest achievement of his career.

Okafor is there all time leading rebounder = HOF
Dell Curry is there all time leader in FGs = HOF
Mugsy Bogues all time leader in assists = HOF

Reaction Score
Absolutely LOVE how much being the all time leading scorer for the Hornets means to you. When Alonzo Mourning gave his HOF speech I missed the part about how being the Hornets all time leader in blocked shots was the greatest achievement of his career.

Okafor is there all time leading rebounder = HOF
Dell Curry is there all time leader in FGs = HOF
Mugsy Bogues all time leader in assists = HOF

The point is that at the age of 28 he has already compiled some very significant statistics, and he still has half his career to go. His last 2 seasons have been his best statistically. Another 7 or 8 seasons like the last 2 and he will have well over 20,000 points in the NBA. Its not like he is some scrub, he hit 10 3's in a game this past season.

Calvin Murphy is in the Hall of Fame with a resume that isnt incredibly impressive. Take a look at his accomplishments.

I think Kemba is a hall of fame caliber player who needs to produce a while longer to get there. I guess we agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The point is that at the age of 28 he has already compiled some very significant statistics, and he still has half his career to go. His last 2 seasons have been his best statistically. Another 7 or 8 seasons like the last 2 and he will have well over 20,000 points in the NBA. Its not like he is some scrub, he hit 10 3's in a game this past season.

I think he is a hall of fame caliber player who needs to produce a while longer to get there. I guess we agree to disagree.

Disagreeing on things that I don't necessarily believe in will get me through the summer. Kemba gets in the conversation when he goes to Lakers or Celtics and helps a team go deep. Would love to see Kemba for Lonzo + player to match salaries trade go down. A few years on a team with a superstar and he gets into the Kyrie Irving category. He has to leave Charlotte. The Batum contract is awful, the Howard experiment was bad, and these draft picks of Zeller, Kaminsky, and Monk have not panned out. I did think Monk would be a stud though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom