KD MVP speech | The Boneyard

KD MVP speech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was simply unreal today. What a humble guy he is...he literally went through every single player on his team...from groups of guys and then expanding to single them out one by one. Hasheem's shoutout was especially funny, Jeremys was thoughtful and Caron's was tearjerking. KD began tearing up as he complimented Caron. He had great things to say about everyone but his shout out to Russell Westbrook was a special moment. Shows this guy isn't just a bball star, he's a decent human being as well. Would love this guy to be my leader.

....that being said...what happens if Scotty Brooks gets fired if they lose this series? (or the next.) KD pretty much showed me today that he embodies everything KO is. It would be a match made in Heaven. (For the record, I believe KO is here for the long run.) Just an interesting thought to go against the Lakers job. But I'm still convinced there is no way KO leaves for a while.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Was simply unreal today. What a humble guy he is...he literally went through every single player on his team...from groups of guys and then expanding to single them out one by one. Hasheem's shoutout was especially funny, Jeremys was thoughtful and Caron's was tearjerking. KD began tearing up as he complimented Caron. He had great things to say about everyone but his shout out to Russell Westbrook was a special moment. Shows this guy isn't just a bball star, he's a decent human being as well. Would love this guy to be my leader.

....that being said...what happens if Scotty Brooks gets fired if they lose this series? (or the next.) KD pretty much showed me today that he embodies everything KO is. It would be a match made in Heaven. (For the record, I believe KO is here for the long run.) Just an interesting thought to go against the Lakers job. But I'm still convinced there is no way KO leaves for a while.
I heard first hand by accident, while at a church Sunday service in Tulsa visiting my daughter, first hand , a live simulcast testimony from Kevin Durant, owing everything to KO for the person he has become. KD said KO lifted every person in the locker room to be better people, and as a result, a real family atmosphere started that then made the Thunder better. It blew me away.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
How much respect do our veterans have around the league? Look at what ko did, ray ray, caron, rip, ben, emeka.. you can bet your ass kemba will be around 10 years from now as a respected vet as well. uconn family surely has a reputation as being hard working professionals who you want in your organization for more than just their skills. Hcjc must be extremely proud. And as for kd class act hard not to root for him.

Reaction Score
Anyone have a link to the mvp speech? Sounds awesome...

Reaction Score
How much respect do our veterans have around the league? Look at what ko did, ray ray, caron, rip, ben, emeka.. you can bet your ass kemba will be around 10 years from now as a respected vet as well. uconn family surely has a reputation as being hard working professionals who you want in your organization for more than just their skills. Hcjc must be extremely proud. And as for kd class act hard not to root for him.

It doesn't appear Ben has much.

Reaction Score
Part about Caron was awesome. Not just because it was Caron; he was so emotional about it. The fact that he remembers that distinct moment tells you it's something he'll remember for the rest of his life. One of our guys had that impact. Caron was holding back tears as well.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I'm a clost Thunder fan for the same reason!

Reaction Score
That was an Amazing speech; straight from the heart. Durant has always carried himself with a lot of class and that speech just reinforced that. I always liked his game, but I am now more a Fan of the person he portrays.

Caron Butler has always been one of my favorite players and it is easy to see why with what KD had to say about him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That was freakin' awesome. What a great kid. Good job, Ms. Durant.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Amazing speech. Brooks isn't going anywhere

I think he's in trouble, but that's nothing more than a hunch

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Just caught the highlights of it on Mike and Mike... I need to find time to watch the whole thing. Also needed to avoid eye contact with my wife, cause man it started getting dusty when he was talking about his mom...

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Durant is one classy guy - Period.
Reminds me a lot of Emeka
LeBron? who is he??????????!!!!

Last edited:

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Wow. If you haven't watch the whole thing, watch it now. 26 minutes. What every professional athlete should strive to be.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You married KD'
Just caught the highlights of it on Mike and Mike... I need to find time to watch the whole thing. Also needed to avoid eye contact with my wife, cause man it started getting dusty when he was talking about his mom...

You married KD's mom?

Reaction Score
Reminds me a lot of Omeka

Why does everyone feel the need to bash LeBron at KD's expense? They're good friends and actually a lot alike. KD is less "flashy", but they both pretty much always mention the team first (even when their teammates don't do anything). And KD's mother is also a big fan of LeBron. When they played in the Finals 2 years ago, she commented on how she likes him a lot bc he has always been a good friend to KD.

Reaction Score
Reminds me a lot of Omeka
No reason to bash Lebron in here. He's been nothing but classy the last couple years. He's also the best player in the world by (in my opinion) a pretty good margin. He and KD are excellent faces for the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom