K Fortt not coming to UCONN | Page 2 | The Boneyard

K Fortt not coming to UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Khairi Fortt believes Uconn is small time... When I was a truck driver I use to deliver to his high school and I bumped into Khairi... This was his senior year before he committed to Penn State I told him that he should play for his home state (Uconn) Khairi said Uconn?? I said yeah why not? he just started laughing... I asked him what was funny... he said Uconn is garbage and walked away... These kids that get scholarships from big time schools really start to feel that Uconn is small time and don't consider playing for Uconn...

Well keep in mind that this guy has only been a back up in college so far. So many talk as if he's a star, yet he's not.....not even close!!! By almost all accounts he has not lived up to expectations so far, so I don't look upon him as much of a loss it is for UConn, if any! And actually, I could see him disrupting the team's chemistry if he had come in at this time anyway. Our LB group is solid. I'm actually glad he did not come here! So far, a lot of talk and ego from KF, without him being able to back it up on the field! See you later!

Reaction Score
Well keep in mind that this guy has only been a back up in college so far. So many talk as if he's a star, yet he's not.....not even close!!! By almost all accounts he has not lived up to expectations so far, so I don't look upon him as much of a loss it is for UConn, if any! And actually, I could see him disrupting the team's chemistry if he had come in at this time anyway. Our LB group is solid. I'm actually glad he did not come here! So far, a lot of talk and ego from KF, without him being able to back it up on the field! See you later!

Nothing makes me question human nature more than people saying they are glad that players didn't come here who the coaching staff wanted. Yes -- because we're more likely to win if coaches get less of the players they want. I got it.

Reaction Score
We are a program that struggles to get national attention with a track record of not landing prize recruits.....I'll take all the KF type trfrs that we can get!

Reaction Score
Could he make the two deep especially with addition of Stewart.

Reaction Score
it would have been nice to get him, but i can't blame him for not wanting to come here. if i were a free agent i'd want to go where there's immediate playing time, and we can't offer that to a LB.

Reaction Score
Bottom line, he chose to go elsewhere. Best of luck to him. Next.

Reaction Score
Nothing makes me question human nature more than people saying they are glad that players didn't come here who the coaching staff wanted. Yes -- because we're more likely to win if coaches get less of the players they want. I got it.

Not really...more like someone who doesn't have any interest in being here...shouldn't be here! Could he have challenged for a starting spot...probably. But if Stewart had been healthy and cleared to play this year, I'm not sure KF would have been able to crack the starting lineup.

The positive for PP in recruiting and wanting him here was that by adding another CT guy...he would further improve our status within the state with coaches and players. PP did the right thing...by extending an offer to the guy. But in the end...if the guy doesn't even show tepid interest in even visiting UConn...then I don't really care that he's not here!

Reaction Score
Not really...more like someone who doesn't have any interest in being here...shouldn't be here! Could he have challenged for a starting spot...probably. But if Stewart had been healthy and cleared to play this year, I'm not sure KF would have been able to crack the starting lineup.

The positive for PP in recruiting and wanting him here was that by adding another CT guy...he would further improve our status within the state with coaches and players. PP did the right thing...by extending an offer to the guy. But in the end...if the guy doesn't even show tepid interest in even visiting UConn...then I don't really care that he's not here!

Look, I'm not losing sleep over this. He didn't have a huge impact at PSU yet, so who knows if he would have here.

But to take it a step further, and assume now the coaches didn't want him because they thought he would help but just because he would help our status in CT -- o.k.

Reaction Score
this guy was a back up linebacker at Penn State. Not some All-American. We took a shot at him and he said no thanks. That's fine. At a minimum he adds depth to a spot where we might use a bit. I doubt the coaches offered him because of his hoemtown, but on the other hand, I also doubt they are planning to close the program down because he isn't coming.

Reaction Score
Look, I'm not losing sleep over this. He didn't have a huge impact at PSU yet, so who knows if he would have here.

But to take it a step further, and assume now the coaches didn't want him because they thought he would help but just because he would help our status in CT -- o.k.

BL...I never said that the ONLY reason they went after KF was because he was a native son. My point was that his CT roots would have been a benefit in PP's eyes to having him join us. He would have added depth to our LB ranks, but it's far from certain that he would have been an impact player.

I think he also insulted the PSU fans on his way out the door by suggesting that Cal was actually his first choice back in HS. With comments like that, and the one he made about UConn, I'm guessing that he wasn't enrolled in a rocket science type of program for his major.

Reaction Score
Really? This thread is still going? I'd rather read posts about kids who potentially could play for UConn some day.

Reaction Score
Really? This thread is still going? I'd rather read posts about kids who potentially could play for UConn some day.

Agreed Jimmy. Was growing tired of reading posts lamenting our "loss" of him. So I suggested it wasn't as big a loss as was being portrayed...and time to talk about guys who want to be here!

Reaction Score
Pages of wasted bandwidth and not even make the two deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom