K Fortt not coming to UCONN | The Boneyard

K Fortt not coming to UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And it looks like Redd to USC may be announced as early as tomorrow.

Side note: USC has to clear a scholarship spot for Redd. They are planning to pull a kid's scholarship less than a week before camp breaks. Win at all costs? No thanks.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score

Side note: USC has to clear a scholarship spot for Redd. They are planning to pull a kid's scholarship less than a week before camp breaks. Win at all costs? No thanks.

Lane is a real POS. I wouldn't even be surprised if he pulls the scholly from the kid that got hurt in the weightlifting accident last week.

Reaction Score

why would they have to clear a spot? They have the same rules as everybody else don't they? Any kid who transfers will not count against the limit for the transferring team, but one will be subtracted from the limit the following year. It's kind of a loophole for USC's issues and I don't recall seeing anywhere that it was different for them.

APA

Reaction Score
I don't think that the exception applies to those schools which are on probation or have NCAA scholarship restrictions.

Reaction Score
The NCAA clarified that teams that have been stripped of scholarships cannot exceed their max threshold to bring in Penn State players.

Reaction Score
The NCAA clarified that teams that have been stripped of scholarships cannot exceed their max threshold to bring in Penn State players.
Again, I didn't see that anywhere but if thats the case good for them for closing that up. If they have someone volunteer ala Michael Bradley would there still be outrage?

Reaction Score
Again, I didn't see that anywhere but if thats the case good for them for closing that up. If they have someone volunteer ala Michael Bradley would there still be outrage?

Given how that worked out for us, a team that is under penalties would be really, really shortsighted to fit someone in by having someone else come off scholarship and keep playing.

Reaction Score
They have a 2012 kid who isnt going to makeit in it seems academically so that's Redd's spot most likely.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Oh well. Would have been a nice surprise but I guess it wasn't in the cards.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score

I absolutely hated what happened with Bradley/Drummond. Things like this over the years really turned me off from men's hoops.

Reaction Score
I have a hard time believing Guy Fortt's statement about his son not wanting to be close to home. It is well known in southern Fairfield County how Guy feels about the UConn football program...he basically thinks it is small time. If I was a betting man...I'm sure Guy did his best to convince his son UConn wasn't the place for him. I personally hope Khairi Fortt and Silas Redd stay at PSU...but if they choose to leave I will root for them like any other CT kid who has gone to school some where else besides UConn.

Reaction Score
Really? From what I've read Guy Fortt wanted his son to come home and play at UConn and his mom was the one who wanted him to stay at PSU, looks like Khairi chose for himself and picked Cal, not sure how bigtime Cal is these days.

pj

Reaction Score
Cal has a good team with a weak linebacker corps, he can step in right away and be their top backer. At UConn he would have shared time. Perhaps a big consideration for a guy who might consider turning pro after the season.

Reaction Score
I have a hard time believing Guy Fortt's statement about his son not wanting to be close to home. It is well known in southern Fairfield County how Guy feels about the UConn football program...he basically thinks it is small time. If I was a betting man...I'm sure Guy did his best to convince his son UConn wasn't the place for him. I personally hope Khairi Fortt and Silas Redd stay at PSU...but if they choose to leave I will root for them like any other CT kid who has gone to school some where else besides UConn.

Are you sure you're not confusing Redd and Fortt? I thought it was Redd's father who never had anything nice at all to say about UConn.

Reaction Score
Really? From what I've read Guy Fortt wanted his son to come home and play at UConn and his mom was the one who wanted him to stay at PSU, looks like Khairi chose for himself and picked Cal, not sure how bigtime Cal is these days.
That would be a BIG change from before...it was his mother who had gone to hs with frmr asst Lyndon Johnson who was VERY impressed with the recruiting pitch both Johnson and Edsall made Khairi's Sr yr, but that it was his dad who discarded them again...because of his belief they were a small time program. I have heard his mom wanted him to leave PSU and come to UConn after the NCAA handed down the sanctions.....so when other schools like Illinois, Baylor, and Cal came into the picture I assume his father again pushed him to look else where. Either way it doesn't really matter...time to move on.

Reaction Score
Are you sure you're not confusing Redd and Fortt? I thought it was Redd's father who never had anything nice at all to say about UConn.
Nope I'm not confused one bit about what I said.

Reaction Score
We're going to go to the ACC or B1G and we're small time? Really? The man needs to catch up with the times. We're big time now. We're not a blue-blood but still producing NFL players and winning. So much for loyalty for the state he lives in.

Reaction Score
Fortt is quoted in the SF Chronicle as saying that Cal was his first choice over PSU when he was in high school, but he didn't feel mature enough to go there at that time (too far away from home). Cal's really exited to get him!

Reaction Score

I can confidently say that what you said is not true at all. In fact, the opposite is true.

Reaction Score

Khairi Fortt believes Uconn is small time... When I was a truck driver I use to deliver to his high school and I bumped into Khairi... This was his senior year before he committed to Penn State I told him that he should play for his home state (Uconn) Khairi said Uconn?? I said yeah why not? he just started laughing... I asked him what was funny... he said Uconn is garbage and walked away... These kids that get scholarships from big time schools really start to feel that Uconn is small time and don't consider playing for Uconn...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom