Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'll be there +3

game day sales and a nice walk up crowd could get us near a sellout

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Source told me 36k sold before ticket office opened at 9am this morning

Just curious - your source has a legitimate way to determine that? I am really hoping for 38k now.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Just put out another tweet for my dozen followers to start spreading. Also another FB status update for 70 or so friends. I was never a popular kid, just so you know. I'm feeling better about ticket sales now. Some AMAZING work being done by UCONN Country to spread the word and scoop up extras.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If there is a decent walk up audience, They will probably announce a sellout. Kickoff is in less than 8.5 hours.

Reaction Score
I'm doing my part to help push that number up, I will be there with our usual group of 12...and then I talked my neighbor and two others into purchasing tickets today, I was calling the ticket office all morning and the line was constantly busy, so we ordered them online. #filltherent #HUSKYUP

I can't wait!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Pretty clear they have mispriced tickets. there is demand at $20 for most seats. there isn't demand when you have to pay $30 and $250 donation per seat.

I've been saying this for quite some time, only to be shot down by a few vocal Boneyarders. But the truth is the truth, and we're seeing it happen in front of our own eyes. Nothing wins an argument like data...

Husky25

Reaction Score
Pretty clear they have mispriced tickets. there is demand at $20 for most seats. there isn't demand when you have to pay $30 and $250 donation per seat.
Of course that is demand. There's demand at $5 too. Artificially lowered supply also creates demand (everyone on StubHub hates UConn for what they did yesterday.). The optimum price point is probably some where in the middle.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I don't have an issue with the season ticket pricing. The problem here is dropping down to the $20 level only 24 hours before kickoff (for the general public). We need SELLOUTS. People will buy $20 tickets in masses, as we're seeing. But dropping the price so close to game day misses out on those peeps who made plans earlier in the week.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Those empty seats aren't buying any food, beer or merchandise. Drop the price and raise attendance.
"Get people in the building and they'll spend more $." ~ Captain Obvious
Unless something changed in the contract or with the management group, UConn doesn't care about concession sales (except for merchandise). Concessions aren't a part of the rental contract.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I don't have an issue with the season ticket pricing. The problem here is dropping down to the $20 level only 24 hours before kickoff (for the general public). We need SELLOUTS. People will buy $20 tickets in masses, as we're seeing. But dropping the price so close to game day misses out on those peeps who made plans earlier in the week.
I tried to explain that to someone yesterday, I was electronically dressed down.

Reaction Score
UConnDan97 said:
I've been saying this for quite some time, only to be shot down by a few vocal Boneyarders. But the truth is the truth, and we're seeing it happen in front of our own eyes. Nothing wins an argument like data...

Jesus. Do I need to do the math again? You can't complain that we are financially disadvantaged and then want tickets to be free.

If there was a rule that if you draw X you automatically get invited to a P5 conference fine. But it is more complicated than maximizing attendance. It is about maximizing revenue.

Reaction Score
Not every seat requires a donation. That being said the pricing scheme is so convoluted and misunderstood by the general public. There is a perception that all tickets require a donation which complicates things for the casual fan

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Jesus. Do I need to do the math again? You can't complain that we are financially disadvantaged and then want tickets to be free.

If there was a rule that if you draw X you automatically get invited to a P5 conference fine. But it is more complicated than maximizing attendance. It is about maximizing revenue.

I think you've mistaken me for someone else. I've not been the one on the board complaining about how we are financially disadvantaged. I'm the one on the board complaining that we need to maximize attendance rather than revenue in order to continue to build the fanbase and recover from the PPGDL / Realignment damage. I spent about 60 posts on the subject. Build the current and next generations of UConn Football, and the revenue will follow...

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
an individual with close ties to ticket office. i would imagine we get close to your 38k number today with same day sales. #HUSKYUP
I was near the end of a count before my browser froze, I think we're already close to 38k as of lunchtime. Of course we need those people to get into the stadium sometime near kickoff, but that's another boneyard gripe.

Of course that is demand. There's demand at $5 too. Artificially lowered supply also creates demand (everyone on StubHub hates UConn for what they did yesterday.). The optimum price point is probably some where in the middle.
The optimum price point depends a lot on perception, so expect it to go up if Diaco has success... but that will take a couple years with the season ticket base being where it is now. If the season ticket base eventually heads north of 30k again it squeezes the single game market and UConn likely won't have to drop prices like the did just now (and probably will continue to do for at least this season).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom