Just scrolled through the empty seats | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Just scrolled through the empty seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Normally I would say we need to maximize the money we make, but given we are still in our top level football infancy, I would prefer to take the small hit on the side of filling the stadium. I say that with the hope that the non-season ticket holders who come enjoy themselves and want to come again. We need to build a fan base.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Jesus. Do I need to do the math again? You can't complain that we are financially disadvantaged and then want tickets to be free.

If there was a rule that if you draw X you automatically get invited to a P5 conference fine. But it is more complicated than maximizing attendance. It is about maximizing revenue.

The prices aren't the issue. Timing is more of the issue. But maybe it isn't. If there's 40K in the stadium tonight, then the timing, pricing, and demand were all played perfectly. I could just do without the "31K tickets have been sold" heart attack 24 hours before kickoff! :)

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Dang. Remember 2005? Year 3 of the first 3-year plan. We had a limited number of single game tickets available and they got snatched up in a few days. Every game sold out. Of course, only 70% of the folks who owned season tickets actually attended the games that year.

Reaction Score
Pretty clear they have mispriced tickets. there is demand at $20 for most seats. there isn't demand when you have to pay $30 and $250 donation per seat.

I have been saying this for years as attendance dwindled even for Big East hoops games. Perception is everything at this point. Let's shut up bveh or whatever the trolls name on the national board is. My math says if you charge $10.00 less per ticket and sell out as opposed to drawing 30000 at the higher price revenue drops $100000. However if those 10000 each spend $10.00 the money is recouped. But what a difference in perception the full house makes

Reaction Score
Today is pay day. Don't discount how many Americans out there are living check to check and waiting to be paid before they purchase tickets. The game will sellout.

Reaction Score
I have been saying this for years as attendance dwindled even for Big East hoops games. Perception is everything at this point. Let's shut up bveh or whatever the trolls name on the national board is. My math says if you charge $10.00 less per ticket and sell out as opposed to drawing 30000 at the higher price revenue drops $100000. However if those 10000 each spend $10.00 the money is recouped. But what a difference in perception the full house makes

You also have an extra 10K paying for parking, buying beer, merch, etc. I can't go tonight but I gave mine away to CoachCap and bought two more for some diehards on twitter.

Reaction Score
Rutgers (B1G) and WSU (Pac 12) had fewer than 31,000. WF and ULM 26,505, Tulane and Tulsa 19,232, Temple and Vanderbilt 31,731, BSU and Ole Miss (SEC) 32,823. It's a nationwide problem, not a UConn problem. I'm sure we'll beat all of the aforementioned games in attendance.

Dooley

Reaction Score
You also have an extra 10K paying for parking, buying beer, merch, etc. I can't go tonight but I gave mine away to CoachCap and bought two more for some diehards on twitter.

You really HuskiedUp! Hope you can make the next game!

Dooley

Reaction Score
Rutgers (B1G) and WSU (Pac 12) had fewer than 31,000. WF and ULM 26,505, Tulane and Tulsa 19,232, Temple and Vanderbilt 31,731, BSU and Ole Miss (SEC) 32,823. It's a nationwide problem, not a UConn problem. I'm sure we'll beat all of the aforementioned games in attendance.

I stand corrected then. I posted yesterday that I was tired of the Labor Day weekend excuse and thought that other crowds would be good. The only crowds that I'm concerned with are WSU, Vandy and South Carolina. Even though WSU was at Quest Field.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Those empty seats aren't buying any food, beer or merchandise. Drop the price and raise attendance.
"Get people in the building and they'll spend more $." ~ Captain Obvious

UConn doesn't get concession or parking revenue though correct?

Reaction Score
SC had good attendance but I suspect that most of the attendees wished they hadn't gone.

Dooley

Reaction Score

I think you're right. It goes to whoever is running the XL/Rent these days (can't keep track any more). Small portion to the state too, maybe??

Reaction Score
Think Uconn keeps the parking revenue after paying LAZ but no concessions. Also pay a flat rental fee per game. BTW I think roughly 1500 left. I need to stop taking vacation days on game day. Slightly obsessed here

Dooley

Reaction Score
Think Uconn keeps the parking revenue after paying LAZ but no concessions. Also pay a flat rental fee per game. BTW I think roughly 1500 left. I need to stop taking vacation days on game day. Slightly obsessed here

Me too! I thought I'd get some work around the house to burn off nervous energy. Nope. All I'm doing is watching @tcf15 's HuskyUp video and "The Blitz" videos over and over again while waiting for my friends to get out of work.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Did they do a "top of the rent" promo again? otherwise, I am wondering why there are no seats available at the top of the rent, but are (generally) about 6 rows down? I hope those aren't being held back or anything (which would be a much more barren building than the ticket website indicates).

Dooley

Reaction Score
Did they do a "top of the rent" promo again? otherwise, I am wondering why there are no seats available at the top of the rent, but are (generally) about 6 rows down? I hope those aren't being held back or anything (which would be a much more barren building than the ticket website indicates).

Yes, they did. But it was kept a secret I guess.

Reaction Score
But those teams don't need stellar attendance to survive. They're getting carried financially by their fellow members of a conference in which they have been grandfathered. UConn not only won't be taking a share of P5 money regardless of performance (i.e. Wake Forest), but also needs to break in to the P5.

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The prices aren't the issue. Timing is more of the issue. But maybe it isn't. If there's 40K in the stadium tonight, then the timing, pricing, and demand were all played perfectly. I could just do without the "31K tickets have been sold" heart attack 24 hours before kickoff! :)
Agreed, except that just because it worked out, doesn't mean it was planned or played perfectly. I'm sure there were some elevated heart rates and systolic numbers in the Ticket Office yesterday. Based on the timing and how they released those tickets for sale, The Ticket Office was reacting to Twitter and the Boneyard as opposed to it being a planned action on their part.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I think you're right. It goes to whoever is running the XL/Rent these days (can't keep track any more). Small portion to the state too, maybe??
As of July 2011, the state gets 10% off the top of ticket sales. The vast majority goes to UConn and UConn pays Global Spectrum rent. GS then contracts with concession vendors, security and parking, of which a portion of their sales also goes to GS. Unless the arrangement changed last year, UConn does not get a concession commission.

Reaction Score
SC had good attendance but I suspect that most of the attendees wished they hadn't gone.

My boss flew down for that last night. Said it was awesome. He is a Cuse guy but got tickets at a charity auction. Said that A&M's line is unreal and they will mow down most of their opposition.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Of course they would with an on campus stadium....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom