Just got the email...Michigan tix | The Boneyard

Just got the email...Michigan tix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Michigan single game tix on sale for season ticket holders!

Reaction Score
The AD must be so fun to be around right now. Honestly, if you want to know what Warde is thinking, use your imagination it's probably not that far off target.

This is not what he envisioned for our "best home schedule ever" season.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
UCONN was holding a pair of 2s (Pasqualoni and DeLeone?) and thought that would be enough to raise the pot. When Ambrose turned over a pair of 3s, our season was flushed down the toilet along with any hopes of turning the Rent into a true home-field advantage this season. As for bundling the Michigan game and now offering them to season ticket holders, I'm more convinced than ever that we're going to have Whalers/Bruins Civic Center '92 on our hands.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I just got the same email and looked...and there are thousands of tickets left. And many chair-back seats as well. If we cannot come close to selling out Michigan, we might as well just move back to Memorial Stadium now:rolleyes: !

Reaction Score
UCONN was holding a pair of 2s (Pasqualoni and DeLeone?) and thought that would be enough to raise the pot. When Ambrose turned over a pair of 3s, our season was flushed down the toilet along with any hopes of turning the Rent into a true home-field advantage this season. As for bundling the Michigan game and now offering them to season ticket holders, I'm more convinced than ever that we're going to have Whalers/Bruins Civic Center '92 on our hands.

assuming you're right, assuming we're in for an ugly game, assuming we'll have the usual drunk fan contingent and some mouthy UM fans, I'm thinking the show will be in the stands - kind of like the beach ball during Towson, but in this case it'll be flying fists and taunts.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
UConn definitely over played their hand. If they had made these available weeks ago, then we would be sold out already. Now after the debacle against Towson, the casual fan has no interest in attending. We are going to be playing in front of 22,000 UConn fans; 15,000 Michigan fans and 3,000 empty seats. And that is the second quarter. By the 4th quarter we will be playing in front of 3,000 UConn fans; 15,000 Michigan fans, and 22,000 empty seats!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Most of the lower bowl is single seats. There's more availability in the upper corners. I ended up buying another 6 tix for friends and family.

Reaction Score
I just got 6 more for friends....I wish they wanted to go to every game! Wouldn't of had to cut my season tix from 4 to 2! This is honestly the first game i've had friends asking to go....and it's gonna be an UGLY one!

Reaction Score
And this is why we are in the AAC. I don't care how bad we lost to Towson, your there to support the team and the University and you have a perennial powerhouse football program in Michigan coming to play in your stadium and you can't sell out. That is very sad! Wished I lived in CT so I could go.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
UConn definitely over played their hand. If they had made these available weeks ago, then we would be sold out already. Now after the debacle against Towson, the casual fan has no interest in attending. We are going to be playing in front of 22,000 UConn fans; 15,000 Michigan fans and 3,000 empty seats. And that is the second quarter. By the 4th quarter we will be playing in front of 3,000 UConn fans; 15,000 Michigan fans, and 22,000 empty seats!

This is 100% spot on. How many false starts will the Michigan crowd cause GDL's pathetic OL to commit? I bet they won't account for crowd noise during that week of practice and that will be that week's excuse.

Reaction Score

If UConn plays the same way against Michigan as they did against Towson, it is going to be an UGLY day. I picture a flashback to the 80’s/90’s UConn/Yale football games at the Bowl where there would be no one in the stand; but, 10,000 drunk UConn students and fans in the parking lot. Except, everyone will be a lot grumpier.

Reaction Score
Did any other season ticket holders NOT get the email ?

Of course I did not get it! Even though over the years I have made sizable donations to the Athletic Dept and the Foundation, along with numerous calls to the AD to inform them of the issue, where I was assured they would get back to me with an answer as to why I'm not getting emails. I'm STILL WAITING FOR THE RETURN PHONE CALLS!!! This show is a joke! Thanks to the BY post to inform me that these tickets were made available, I bought 4 more to support the team, but this AD is a F"ing 3 ring GD circus........................

Reaction Score
They're going to miss my big half-time show on the 50 yard line too!

I had your quote as my signature and gratefully regret removing it. Can you refresh our minds? What exactly are you doing to Warde on the 50 yard line during halftime?

Reaction Score
Of course I did not get it! Even though over the years I have made sizable donations to the Athletic Dept and the Foundation, along with numerous calls to the AD to inform them of the issue, where I was assured they would get back to me with an answer as to why I'm not getting emails. I'm STILL WAITING FOR THE RETURN PHONE CALLS!!! This show is a joke! Thanks to the BY post to inform me that these tickets were made available, I bought 4 more to support the team, but this AD is a F"ing 3 ring GD circus........................

That's funny because that's why my father finally said to UConn, still holds onto the hoops tickets, but took them out of the will and the whole deal. That is piss poor donor/alimni management.

Reaction Score
That's funny because that's why my father finally said to UConn, still holds onto the hoops tickets, but took them out of the will and the whole deal. That is piss poor donor/alimni management.

Agreed. The sad reality is that I've come to expect this type of garbage.....

Reaction Score
I had your quote as my signature and gratefully regret removing it. Can you refresh our minds? What exactly are you doing to Warde on the 50 yard line during halftime?

Warde's got nothing to do with my show my good man.

Reaction Score
I just checked my email and saw now such email. Do you have to have a certain amount of "donation" points to get those offers because this is my first year as a season ticket holder? Secondly, before anyone has a chance to take a swipe at me, I know this wasn't the best year to start being a season ticket holder but I was foolishly optimistic six or so months ago and it was the first year I could afford it. Man did I really start to question all of it after going to the game last week. Ugh.

Reaction Score
I just checked my email and saw now such email. Do you have to have a certain amount of "donation" points to get those offers because this is my first year as a season ticket holder? Secondly, before anyone has a chance to take a swipe at me, I know this wasn't the best year to start being a season ticket holder but I was foolishly optimistic six or so months ago and it was the first year I could afford it. Man did I really start to question all of it after going to the game last week. Ugh.

No one will take a swipe at you for being a season tix holder..... Hang in there, many feel the same way you do and have been season tix holders for years.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom