Reaction Score
UConn has been watching her as have a number of other teams

Per Raul:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Charli has l-o-o-o-o-o-n-g legs!

And very long arms.

I dislike comparing women players to men players but in Charli's case I can not help doing so. She reminds me of Sam Perkins who played with Jordan and Worthy at UNC and had a nice NBA career. He had long legs and long arms which allowed him to play bigger.

Reaction Score
Where did you hear of UConn's interest?

without spilling the beans let'st just say that when it comes to the Jersey kids my sources are well placed from Bergen County down to the Shore Conference........Miller's stock has risen markedly in the past year and she continued her fine play in recent international competition, she's an ESPN top 20 player right now and if her play continues to improve she will be a top 10 '19 recruit.................I hope to see her along with Mabrey, Masonius, Watson and two of the best eighth graders in the country Adams and Pissot in a few weeks at NBS where my daughter will be working out and getting drubbed by many of the top NJ based recruits

Reaction Score
Ran into a short comp of Destanni Henderson our resident Gamecocks fans might like.

Henderson with an impressive stat agaisnt the Missouri Phenom today with 30 points, 8 assist, 3 steals, and 3 rebounds. She and Zippy Broughton make quite the duo for Essence Purple.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
And very long arms.

I dislike comparing women players to men players but in Charli's case I can not help doing so. She reminds me of Sam Perkins who played with Jordan and Worthy at UNC and had a nice NBA career. He had long legs and long arms which allowed him to play bigger.
We had a kid from Syracuse with long arms. She had a nice career.

Pheesa has pretty long arms.

Among the men, Phil Jackson and Kevin McHale had long arms. No off-the-rack suits for these guys.

This guy had long arms too. And huge hands.

1164.jpg

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
15 pts, 7 rebs, 2 blks for Charli Collier in her last game of the weekend.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
All these comparisons of Charli Collier's length to male players was making me a little squeamish.
Charli has serious length! When She comes on board UCONN will have some serious length with Azura (hopefully), Charli, KLS & Napheesa. Can't wait.

Charli-Collier.jpg

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"Paige Bueckers - Another talented 2020 player the Cardinals have been watching. She's a big-time shooter and a little flash and flair to her game. UConn was three-deep for one game of Bueckers, who is playing against girls' her own age and not playing up a level."

U of L women's hoops recruiting

Really impressed with this player.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
"Paige Bueckers - Another talented 2020 player the Cardinals have been watching. She's a big-time shooter and a little flash and flair to her game. UConn was three-deep for one game of Bueckers, who is playing against girls' her own age and not playing up a level."

Excellent find and great news.

I presume three-deep means in terms of coaches watching. I know CD was at the Run4theRoses tourney where Bueckers apparently played.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Bueckers is still playing with the North Tartan 15 squad which won its division in Louisville. Bueckers sustained a gash above her eye in the process.

DEPp7LuWAAAeyU7.jpg

Reaction Score

It would be a sin for her to play for anybody other then Geno.............it doesn't take a genius to see that Bueckers is a perfect fit to run in the UConn system...........she has future All American written all over her.............

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
All these comparisons of Charli Collier's length to male players was making me a little squeamish.
Charli has serious length! When She comes on board UConn will have some serious length with Azura (hopefully), Charli, KLS & Napheesa. Can't wait.

Charli-Collier.jpg
When I first saw Collier over a year ago, she obviously had skills, but she struck me as a big girl who needed to work on her fitness.

In the last year+ Collier has become lean and strong. I know she asks Geno & the UConn coaches for input on what she needs to work on. One of those suggestions must have been to spend time in the weight room.

When Collier shows up on campus in 2018, she will have a "college ready" body and she's going to be a force. God help the high school kids that have to play against her this coming season.

Reaction Score
Just a quick question. When Geno or Staff show up at these events, do the other school coaches give a collective sigh whisper "Oh crap. UConn is here":rolleyes:
Doug Bruno right in front of him. I think he and Geno are ok together. ;^)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Nike Nationals in Chicago - 7/10

Charli Collier's line from this morning: 16 points, 3 rebs, 2 assists, 1 blk

Celeste Taylor ('19) had 20 points and 9 rebounds in a win for the Philly Belles.

Hayley Jones ('19) had 14 points, 8 rebounds, and 2 assists as her Cal Stars remain undefeated for the year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom