2025 Recruiting: - Joson Sanon Top 10 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Joson Sanon Top 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We play slow, until we play fast. Huskies pick and choose their times for spurtability. Can't play fast all the time because it becomes reckless. Strike fast like patient tiger.

And the environment, who has a better environment than UConn. All depends what the kid is looking for but UConn offers a great escape for many. Probably threw a bone to bcu since he's from Mass.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Point accepted. We dribbled too much with KO. We dribbled too much in the first couple of years with Hurley. It also reminds me of why I disliked Dan’s offense at URI and was worried about what he’d run here. Our offense really wasn’t that pretty before last season.

I’m pretty sure my Fire Danny thread at halftime of the Iona game lit a fire under Hurley and the entire team. Been playing great basketball ever since I posted that thread.
You’re welcome.

Hoopcrazee

Hoopcrazee
Reaction Score
He’s from Fall River, so, in a way, many of us have “unofficially visited” UConn 15, 20 or more times!

Joking aside, Providence recruiting is going to look way different with English at the helm.
and already has..top 25 Center from 2025 class most likely reclassifying to 2024

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Our offense is great, but we aren’t the kind of offense he said he likes. Some kids like to play in transition which we don’t do much of.

After watching today he may want to reconsider that preference though.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Our offense is great, but we aren’t the kind of offense he said he likes. Some kids like to play in transition which we don’t do much of.

On the surface it can be inferred that his comments (wanting to play in an uptempo offense) would exclude us but we don't run a
hold the ball to drain the clock stall.

What we run, even though it often uses ~25 seconds of shot clock is a high paced, motion offense that both requires and features athleticism. We also run when the opportunity arises. We just don't force the pace in hopes of generating transition offense on every possession due to lack of ability to run sets and score fromm quality halfcourt opportunities created by passing and cutting.

Reaction Score

Kid can contend for a championship or chase a few more ducats at Louisville and miss the conference championship. It should be an idiotproof decision but these things never seem to make sense anymore.

Reaction Score

I think our coaches coach to our personnel. We can fast break when we have those types of players. I think with our freshman and with our two recruits for next year, we will be playing faster. Cam, Alex, Donovan dont scream fast break.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I think our coaches coach to our personnel. We can fast break when we have those types of players. I think with our freshman and with our two recruits for next year, we will be playing faster. Cam, Alex, Donovan dont scream fast break.
Others have pointed out that it’s never really been Hurley’s style throughout his career through numbers. We’ll have to believe it when we see it as far as being the transition team we used to be in the past.

It’s definitely possible because we for sure play the defense to be able to do it.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
On the surface it can be inferred that his comments (wanting to play in an uptempo offense) would exclude us but we don't run a
hold the ball to drain the clock stall.

What we run, even though it often uses ~25 seconds of shot clock is a high paced, motion offense that both requires and features athleticism. We also run when the opportunity arises. We just don't force the pace in hopes of generating transition offense on every possession due to lack of ability to run sets and score fromm quality halfcourt opportunities created by passing and cutting.
I don’t think we need to do mental gymnastics about our offense. It’s not a transition offense and that’s what the kid is talking about. It’s a beautiful offense that we don’t need to change and if anything the kid has to decide if he wants to change his preference to it, not the other way around.

Our offense also does not feature athleticism. Newton, Cam, and Karaban are far from being high caliber athletes and they are great in it while one of the best ones in Andre struggled in it for awhile. We can be honest about what this truly great offense is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom