Jordan Hawkins vs nba players at cp3 camp | The Boneyard

Jordan Hawkins vs nba players at cp3 camp

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Jordan plays in the first 5 minutes of the video. 4-on-4 vs a team with Chris Paul and Devin Booker. Ugly basketball but Hawk scored 5 of his team’s 7 points.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Why isn't AJ attending any of these camps?
Is AS attending and forward/big guy camps?

Reaction Score
That’s a tough assignment for Hawkins guarding Booker. Great experience though playing against an NBA All Star.
He defended well, good contests, but Booker is ridiculous.

Jordan has a tendency to have a slight backwards lean/fadeaway on his shot instead of being correctly balanced, especially off the dribble. Check the shot at 2:00 which he misses pretty badly vs. the one at 3:50 that he steps into. Balance is night and day. In recent years, VItal and Martin both saw big improvements in their shooting %'s just by keeping their balance perfect and consistent. Some of it is getting stronger so you don't think you need to kick forward. Confident staff is working on this with him.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He defended well, good contests, but Booker is ridiculous.

Jordan has a tendency to have a slight backwards lean/fadeaway on his shot instead of being correctly balanced, especially off the dribble. Check the shot at 2:00 which he misses pretty badly vs. the one at 3:50 that he steps into. Balance is night and day. In recent years, VItal and Martin both saw big improvements in their shooting %'s just by keeping their balance perfect and consistent. Some of it is getting stronger so you don't think you need to kick forward. Confident staff is working on this with him.
Not that I disagree, but I don’t think all shooters have to be balanced to make a good percentage. I feel like Shabazz leaned on every shot.

Reaction Score
Got cooked by Booker, but can’t be mad at that defense. Great contests, he’s just guarding an NBA all star. Those shots are misses against college competition. Good stuff to see

The offense was a little concerning, but I won’t put too much stock in a 5 minute summer camp video

How do people get into these camps? Is it by invitation?

Reaction Score
We had a kid in our youth center who had a backward lean on his jumpshot. It was impossible to block and he was money with it. He became an accountant. He passed away a few years back. True.

Reaction Score
Got cooked by Booker, but can’t be mad at that defense. Great contests, he’s just guarding an NBA all star. Those shots are misses against college competition. Good stuff to see

The offense was a little concerning, but I won’t put too much stock in a 5 minute summer camp video

That last fade away by Booker was unreal.

Reaction Score
Why isn't AJ attending any of these camps?
Is AS attending and forward/big guy camps?
Do we know AJ definitely isn't? Did we know Hawkins was before yesterday?

Reaction Score
That last fade away by Booker was unreal.
Puts into perspective how good these guys are. It all looks so effortless yet if I took 100 of those shots uncontested, maybe I’d make 10 lol

Reaction Score

What was concerning about the offense?

He was 2-4 shooting.

Reaction Score
What was concerning about the offense?

He was 2-4 shooting.
The three he made was nice. A good shot off a good pass. The midrange was nice too, scrappy and soft touch

The two misses were meh. Nearly airballed one pullup three and was short on the other as well

But like I said, not putting too much stock on a 5 minute summer camp video. He’s definitely NBA bound if he the year that him and Hurley expect him to have

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Good to see Hawkins in this kind of camp. It seems we had players in some of these every year getting reports. Bazz, Bouknight, Deandre, DHam, think Jalen Adams went. That’s when we first started hearing about how Kemba was cooking.

Would be good to see these guys at camps in the same way.

Reaction Score
Puts into perspective how good these guys are. It all looks so effortless yet if I took 100 of those shots uncontested, maybe I’d make 10 lol
KO came to one of my practices and made 22 of 25 wide open 3 pointers. And he was not a good shooter. These guys are incredible players.

Reaction Score
Only issue I see is Jordans hanging out near the 3 PT line for most of it. Not seeing any attacking or creating with the ball in his hands. Big thing for him as we know is tightening that handle.

Reaction Score
Love that he is playing elite competition. He could break out for 15 ppg this season.

Reaction Score
KO came to one of my practices and made 22 of 25 wide open 3 pointers. And he was not a good shooter. These guys are incredible players.
That aha moment for me was watching Oriakhi and Chuck nailing open threes before practice one day in the field house. Both easily over 60% and both “bad shooters” for the level. And those guys weren’t even NBA players.

Reaction Score
Chris Paul is nasty is what I got out of this video. I like another poster is worried that it looks like Hawkins hasn't tightened up his handle. He didn't attack the basket once and looked like just a shooter on the outside. He needs to add some creativity to his game to get to the next level unless he becomes a knock down 3 point shooter which would be sad as he has the athletic talent for much more.

Reaction Score
Chris Paul is nasty is what I got out of this video. I like another poster is worried that it looks like Hawkins hasn't tightened up his handle. He didn't attack the basket once and looked like just a shooter on the outside. He needs to add some creativity to his game to get to the next level unless he becomes a knock down 3 point shooter which would be sad as he has the athletic talent for much more.
Devin Booker didn't attack the basket either.

It's dudes messing around in a pickup game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom