John silver First spring scrimmage thoughts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

John silver First spring scrimmage thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This conversation is beyond stupid.

Yes, let's stop wasting our time recruiting long term projects like Kendall Reyes. Do people even think before they post?

Reaction Score
I think as a general issue it's just another variable that has to go in your favor from a player development standpoint -- if you're recruiting kids that have to achieve substantial development physically as well as in their skill sets, the chance of getting it wrong increases.

It is certainly true that the less physical development you need in a recruit, the better off you are. But thinking that there are more than a handful of DTs on the country who won't need material physical development notwithstanding their incoming weight is crazy. 17 year old large kids are not built like 22 year old large men.

Reaction Score
I think as a general issue it's just another variable that has to go in your favor from a player development standpoint -- if you're recruiting kids that have to achieve substantial development physically as well as in their skill sets, the chance of getting it wrong increases.

Of course it does. But generally speaking there are only (maybe) a couple hundred kids who are ready to play on day one. The rest need to either mature physically or hone their skills (or, in other words, need to be developed).

Reaction Score
My point is that there is a difference between asking someone to go from 225-290 and 270-290. The number of kids who can do the former and not lose speed or agility is going to be smaller. Neither group is ready to play when they arrive, and I never claimed that.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
smith is talking #6 now from 80 hugh? how about we eventually hang that # up, just not use it any more or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom