Joe D and Gresch at it again | The Boneyard

Joe D and Gresch at it again

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Gresch just suggested that ecu may get the big 12 expansion nod solely based off of the fact that they averaged 40k+ on last year's attendance. There was also a rousing debate about whether uconn would/should accept a football only invite. Talk about hot takes. Can't make this stuff up...

Reaction Score
JoeD is no better. Incredibly small thinkers with an irrational feeling we don't belong because we don't belong. In the case of Gresch, it's URI envy. He played 1AA and "could a been a contender".
I really hope that Benedict listens to these 2 morons every once and a while...and starts pressing IMG to decrease Joe D's exposure as the "voice of UConn athletics"

C

Chief00

Gresch was saying things that I never heard from my source. Did not make a lot of sense either.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I really hope that Benedict listens to these 2 morons every once and a while...and starts pressing IMG to decrease Joe D's exposure as the "voice of UConn athletics"
Absolutely. Enough is enough. He is the voice, but sadly its a lazy, stubborn, arrogant voice. Time for someone, anyone, who gets it. Someone committed to delivering knowledge to UConn fans.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
They are very bad.
Joe D is NOT and will NOT ever be a football play by play caller. Gresh is just a former player who caught a break once...was probably put on a pedestal and is now very bitter.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I would take Dibble over those two anyday. He doesn't have an axe to grind like Gresh "being demoted" and Joe D just being Joe D

Agree. I don't see Dibble as particularly insightful or creative in his perspectives, but he conducts a good interview and seems like a pretty kind guy. Always does a good job when he brings on folks from UConn. He probably doesn't know much about realignment, but he does have some common sense and objectivity

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
We have to remind ourselves.....they are on an AM radio station that is interrupted every 10 minutes by weather, traffic and news updates..

Says it all right there.
No. It's more like the news, weather, and traffic are interrupted every ten minutes with aimless babbling updates how a fat former Div. 1AA lineman feels about Steak n' Shake.

Reaction Score
Absolutely. Enough is enough. He is the voice, but sadly its a lazy, stubborn, arrogant voice. Time for someone, anyone, who gets it. Someone committed to delivering knowledge to UConn fans.

Since they took that time slot, I rarely listen to WTIC anymore. I wrote to the station and never ever got an acknowledgment.

Reaction Score
So today they were talking UConn & its possibility of entering the XII. Waquoit, among others made salient points about being able to compete in that conference in football. Gresch's major contribution for the afternoon was that UConn has to sell all home games (including Maine) & the fans all have to show up this season to prove to the XII that UConn means business.

Reaction Score
So today they were talking UConn & its possibility of entering the XII. Waquoit, among others made salient points about being able to compete in that conference in football. Gresch's major contribution for the afternoon was that UConn has to sell all home games (including Maine) & the fans all have to show up this season to prove to the XII that UConn means business.
He drives me nuts. He throws out the argument that OK v UConn in NYC would be 70% Oklahoma fans. When its pointed out to him that UConn has a proven track record of showing up for big games he decides to counter by questioning "yea but would a 4-8 UConn team get more than 20k for KU." I'm fairly level headed and don't expect everyone in the media to pump our Huskies but this guy ALWAYS looks for a way to put out a negative vibe for the football team.

Reaction Score
I tried listening today because they shouted out @NotADimeBack on twitter. They contradict their own argument and bring up uconn attendance without comparing it to the big 12 candidates.

You try and try to give these guys a chance but their show is one uninformed sheet show.

Reaction Score
Gresh is always quick to make sure he points out what's wrong with UConn and why the won't get picked for B12. Joe D is just a yes man. He agrees with whatever Gresh says or whoever the guest is. He's never had an original thought of his own on any subject.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Gresh is always quick to make sure he points out what's wrong with UConn and why the won't get picked for B12. Joe D is just a yes man. He agrees with whatever Gresh says or whoever the guest is. He's never had an original thought of his own on any subject.
Its all so sad and it must end. Labor day weekend is always a nice time to usher in change.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I called and made the point that our attendance in sub 500 years was still really good and that the fan base never bought into the AAC and we have proven we will attend conference games when we are in a good conference.

Gresh's point about attendance this year is off because the invites will go out in September anyway. The argument about winning all the ACC games and not getting blown out in any games holds no water - we beat Louisville at Louisville and then they were taken a few days later.

Reaction Score
Gresh looks like he is gonna eat Benedict for a snack...

Joe D'Ambrosio ‏@JoeDSports Jul 13Kensington, CT
Great to have @UConnHuskyAD in studio today Replay at 6 @JoeDandGresh @WTIC1080
CnRxm4lWcAAaWfv.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members