Jerry Palm dropped UC from bowl projection. | The Boneyard

Jerry Palm dropped UC from bowl projection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
He has only Louisville, South Florida, Rutgers, and Cincy becoming bowl eligible from the Big East.

I think it's very unlikely we don't win 6 games. He'll put us back in his lineup if we beat W. Michigan.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
PJ, you beat me to it. The clown has only 4 of our 8 teams becoming bowl eligible. I'm not sure that I even remember the last time that happened...

Reaction Score
PJ, you beat me to it. The clown has only 4 of our 8 teams becoming bowl eligible. I'm not sure that I even remember the last time that happened...

Jerry Palm is not a clown. He has a good track record. I'm not sure we have a winning record in the BE. Isn't that a requirement for bowls? Who do we beat in the BE? Not L'Ville, RU, Cincy, Pitt. Maybe Syr, USF, Temple. That's maybe. Two of the maybe games are away (Syr and USF). Don't fight reality. Welcome it. Make friends with it.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Jerry Palm is not a clown. He has a good track record. I'm not sure we have a winning record in the BE. Isn't that a requirement for bowls? Who do we beat in the BE? Not L'Ville, RU, Cincy, Pitt. Maybe Syr, USF, Temple. That's maybe. Two of the maybe games are away (Syr and USF). Don't fight reality. Welcome it. Make friends with it.

No. Not at all. You could have 3 BE wins and go to a Bowl.

Reaction Score
No. Not at all. You could have 3 BE wins and go to a Bowl.
OK, thanks. But I don't see us getting more than 6 wins this year. Must wins are WMU, Buff, Temple and Syr. Gets us to 6. We may get one more wtf win to get us to 7. Unless some type of miracle happens with the offense.

Reaction Score
He had us in last week and dropped us this week, so must not have liked the performance coupled with key injuries

Just have to play the gaames

Reaction Score
I know we will have 3 wins going into conference play, Buffalo is trash. I think WMU is a toss up in favor of us, and if we want to be trashing the B10 for their performance the least we could do is beat a decent MAC team. I think Pitt, Temple, and Cuse are very beatable. Should come away with 2 wins there at the very least. USF, Rutgers, and Cincy - toss ups. Should take one of them. Louisville? Class of the Big East this year, not expecting a W. Basically I expect us to be at 6-6 or 7-5 and pick up a win in a bowl game against some MAC team for a 7/8 win season.

But we are still on track to be 11-1 and in a BCS Bowl, so that is the obvious scenario at the moment.

Reaction Score
I would say that it is too early to make predictions like this. We know that the defense can keep them in games, and possibly even win some on their own. I do agree that some offense has to materialize but I am not giving up on that just yet.

Reaction Score
OK, thanks. But I don't see us getting more than 6 wins this year. Must wins are WMU, Buff, Temple and Syr. Gets us to 6. We may get one more wtf win to get us to 7. Unless some type of miracle happens with the offense.

I like Palm too, but he has the BE forfeiting bowl spots. That cannot happen if there's a team with 6 wins.

So either UConn doesn't get to 6 OR the other BE teams fill up all the bowl spots.

Reaction Score
I see at least 3 wins in conference and every single game is winnable. All the teams are flawed. For the life of me I don't see the buzz around USF and by the time we get down there that team may be in complete disarray.

Reaction Score
I see at least 3 wins in conference and every single game is winnable. All the teams are flawed. For the life of me I don't see the buzz around USF and by the time we get down there that team may be in complete disarray.
I'm not saying USF is any good either. But it's an away game, and I'm not sure what we got going either. If we can't score we can't win. By that time the D may be totally beat up. So.

Reaction Score
I don't get the pessimism. You're sure we're playing the Pitt that showed up against VPI and not the one that showed up at Youngstown State? You're sure we're playing the USF that went out to Reno, and not the one that handed Rutgers a game at home?

I think if you try to look at it rationally the odds are 3 or 4 to 1 that we're going bowling.

Reaction Score
I don't get the pessimism. You're sure we're playing the Pitt that showed up against VPI and not the one that showed up at Youngstown State? You're sure we're playing the USF that went out to Reno, and not the one that handed Rutgers a game at home?

I think if you try to look at it rationally the odds are 3 or 4 to 1 that we're going bowling.

You sure the Uconn offense that is ranked 100 and something won't show up every game and will be replaced by what? Why would Pitt not continue to get better with their 2 running backs. USF and Rutgers both looked good enough to beat Uconn, and Rutgers looked really good on defense (and USF not so bad). Get to 4-1 OOC and agree 3 or 4 to 1; lose to WM and no better than even.

A team that is as inept as Uconn on offense will keep every opponent in every game.

Reaction Score

Exactly. Since when is Pitt unbeatable?

Reaction Score
Exactly. Since when is Pitt unbeatable?
Good question. Pitt is never unbeatable. Pitt sucks. They always get a wtf win. They are beatable. I don't think by us, but Pitt does suck. And I'm glad they are leaving. Nothing interesting about Pitt.

Reaction Score
With our offense I can blame him but what he fails to see is we have some of the tougher big east teams at home this year and there is the temple factor which I hope is a w. he should see at least six wins but my hope is either the beef obradys and our dream season the pinstripe which I hope to go to. I hope I'm wrong but I think it a comfortable blue goggles off prediction

Reaction Score
I'm sort of amazed by this thread. We beat a BCS team, on the road, in a game where our players were ill as a team and fighting over emotion because of the Edsall factor. I expect to beat WMU, Buffalo, Temple, Syracuse and Pitt. I have not given up on picking off one of USF or RU or Cincy.

I know our offense isn't good. We still should win a bunch of games this year.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
I'm sort of amazed by this thread. We beat a BCS team, on the road, in a game where our players were ill as a team and fighting over emotion because of the Edsall factor. I expect to beat WMU, Buffalo, Temple, Syracuse and Pitt. I have not given up on picking off one of USF or RU.

I know our offense isn't good. We still should win a bunch of games this year.

I'm with you BL. Some of these comments are ridiculous

pj

Reaction Score
I like Palm too, but he has the BE forfeiting bowl spots. That cannot happen if there's a team with 6 wins.

So either UConn doesn't get to 6 OR the other BE teams fill up all the bowl spots.

Palm has the Big East forfeiting the BBVA Compass Bowl (Big East #5) to FIU and Beef O'Brady's (Big East #6) to Toledo. So UConn and all the other BE teams fail to get to 6.

It would take a rash of injuries for us to fail to make a bowl. WMU, Buffalo, and Temple are probable wins. The other 6 Big East games we should have a fighting chance. We'll pull at least a few out for 7-5. If the offense improves, 8-4 or 9-3.

Reaction Score
Palm actually dropped us after the NC State loss. He didn't change it after yesterday's win, which he should have.

Reaction Score
His whole predictions are garbage, LSU in the national champ game over Bama? Boise State in the orange bowl, I'm sorry but this is absurd.

Reaction Score
Thankfully neither Jerry Palm, nor any other pundit, has any say whatsoever over UConn's bowl eligibility.

There are only 85 guys in the world that possess that power. I guarantee each of them without exception believe differently from Jerry Palm.

Doesn't expect UConn to get to bowl eligible after watching last two games and awful QB play and offense.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions
Doesn't expect UConn to get to bowl eligible after watching last two games and awful QB play and offense.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman