Jerome Junior gone! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jerome Junior gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nice to see that there are standards and expectations and if you don't live up to them, there are consequences.

Consequences, but I would like to think UConn is there for the kid's education. If it was serious let P state WTF happened. Let the kids know whats what.

I don't think its a significant dent to the team, but JJ had his moments (consistency was an issue though)

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I hate hearing things like this. Losing the football is one thing, but getting kicked out of school and losing your scholarship is another.

Hope he is able to finish up somewhere and get a degree.

Reaction Score
I hate hearing things like this. Losing the football is one thing, but getting kicked out of school and losing your scholarship is another.

Hope he is able to finish up somewhere and get a degree.

He didn't get kicked out of school.....I read it as they suspended him from the team and HE left the team/school

Reaction Score
Consequences, but I would like to think UConn is there for the kid's education. If it was serious let P state WTF happened. Let the kids know whats what.

I don't think its a significant dent to the team, but JJ had his moments (consistency was an issue though)

The kids know.

Reaction Score
I think this is a loss. Junior brought some important experience to a position where we may be more athletic, but will be very young.

That said, if my memory is correct he was suspended for a game last season and now this. I can only assume he was not seeing eye to eye with these coaches. I have no problem with PP running a tight program with will disciplined kids.

Reaction Score
I think this is a loss. Junior brought some important experience to a position where we may be more athletic, but will be very young.

That said, if my memory is correct he was suspended for a game last season and now this. I can only assume he was not seeing eye to eye with these coaches. I have no problem with PP running a tight program with will disciplined kids.

Sometimes kids just do stupid stuff and the coaches are left with no choice.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wish him the best.

Reaction Score
To me, what it sounds like after reading everything is that Jerome Junior undermined the ability for the coaches to work. It could be something as simple as incessant back-talking. But if he was actually influencing other players into his hurtful demeanor to the team, I would definitely see that as being grounds for dismissal. It seems like he had trouble in the past with the team, so maybe with new players finally appearing at school Coach P decided to get rid of JJ in order to control the new crop.

Whatever it is, I trust Coach P...he knows what he's doing.

Reaction Score
Yeah I would agree. I don't thinks that is a football reference. At least it doesn't sound like it. Good luck to the young man if that is the case.

Reaction Score
It's obviously not football related, just thought it was interesting. Wonder if he has a kid and in order to provide for the kid he did something to get himself kicked off the team. Just a thought. Who knows. Again just thought it was interesting.

Reaction Score
Just saw this tweet...thought it was VERY interesting:
Robert McClain (@bobbymac36)
2/16/12 2:39 PM
“@desmondconner: UConn Coach Paul Pasqualoni Addresses Jerome Junior Dismissal Post original url/wIAqsn”wow what happened now.

there must be something decoded in there that i can't understand. would you mind translating it for me? specifically "Post original url/wIAqsn"

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
there must be something decoded in there that i can't understand. would you mind translating it for me? specifically "Post original url/wIAqsn"

It's just a link to the blog post about the incident and PP's comments. Here's the link.

Reaction Score
I couldn't get by the bathroom self portrait on his twitter page.

The more I read twitter, the more I hate it.

Reaction Score
It's just a link to the blog post about the incident and PP's comments. Here's the link.

thanks. it certainly seems that whatever it was came down directly from P

Reaction Score
I couldn't get by the bathroom self portrait on his twitter page.

The more I read twitter, the more I hate it.

i feel the same way about most of this facebook, tweet, etc, nonsense. it's just a bunch of kids saying what they think will make them seem cool. it's no different then when i used to write "Metallica Rules" on the cover of my Trapper Keeper in middle school, except it's broadcast to the world, not just those on the school bus with me. i really don't understand why an adult would be at all interested in this stuff.

Reaction Score
That was as the tweet read..I have no idea what that is. I am assuming from McClain's "what now" comment there must have been other things Jerome got in a jam for...and they finally added up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom