Jerome Junior gone! | The Boneyard

Jerome Junior gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow.. that's kind of a shocker... Figured he'd be one of our leaders on D.. I hope everything works out for the young man...Things happen to us all.. good and bad... It's how we handle those things that going forward that counts... Still wishing the kid nothing but success going fwd...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
saw somewhere where it was said it wasn't criminal. hope the best for the kid. this just adds to the roster turnover. this was a unexpected 1 thou as he was getting pt.

Reaction Score
Hope it's nothing that interferes with his life.

From a football perspective, you don't like losing depth or special teams play, but I don't think he was going to start his senior year anyway. I think the penciled in secondary even before this was Blidi and Dwayne at the corners and Jones and Brown at Safety.

Reaction Score
I feel terrible for Jerome. Met him last year after the win vs South Florida. He was there well after the buses brought the team back to campus. While some of his teammates were tailgating he was sitting there studying for classes. Very stand up kid. Hope he doesnt give up on school and can graduate somewhere.

Reaction Score
A loss in size and experience, but I liked the athleticism of Byron Jones and Ty-meer Brown as a safety tandem. Wilbert Lee is the redshirt safety that will be interesting to watch. There is also the redshirt Adams and Gilbert St. Louis at safety. If they are looking for a bit more size and a hitter there is DeLorenzo who could shift from RB to S.

Just a weird announcement for Junior's suspension. To say he is not currently enrolled and add that he will not be enrolled in the Fall makes sound like it is more than just academics.

Reaction Score
Hope it's nothing that interferes with his life.

From a football perspective, you don't like losing depth or special teams play, but I don't think he was going to start his senior year anyway. I think the penciled in secondary even before this was Blidi and Dwayne at the corners and Jones and Brown at Safety.
This.

I thought he looked good at the end of his sophomore year including the bowl game against Oklahoma where he laid some big hits but thought he regressed last year. Don't know how much it had to do with the coaching change, but thought he would be switched to outside LB/nickle/dime situations.

Just hope he graduates also hope he finds a place to play his last year of college ball.

Reaction Score
Dez said on twitter that it's something that has been brewing for some time, and that it is not a criminal matter.

Hopefully, it's just a matter of him not getting along with the new staff and new direction of the team.

Reaction Score
Dez said on twitter that it's something that has been brewing for some time, and that it is not a criminal matter.

Hopefully, it's just a matter of him not getting along with the new staff and new direction of the team.
I know his youtube videos last year were a little "tasteless" if you will, and I doubt very much they'd have ever gone up if the last coach was here. I can't imagine any HC being happy seeing that type of language on video from his player while repping the school.

Reaction Score
I know his youtube videos last year were a little "tasteless" if you will, and I doubt very much they'd have ever gone up if the last coach was here. I can't imagine any HC being happy seeing that type of language on video from his player while repping the school.
That's a good point. That video should have stayed private, the guys should have fun, and locker room stuff is what it is, but that should never have been made public. These guys have to remember they represent the University.

There's a related article on the courant.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-men/hc-jacobs-uconn-0216-20120216,0,5905027.column

Reaction Score
I recall that Junior was put on some kind of notice in the fall for violations of rules and sat out a game for non-injury reasons. Whatever this is, most likely academics, it seems to me that there most likely was a repeat of the same issue, or a multiple offense kind of situation with different things happening against the rules, and either, Coach P, or somebody on the academic or administrative side of things pulled the plug on the scholarship. I wish Jerome Junior the best wherever he goes.

Reaction Score
Just get your degree!

From his Twitter 10 minutes ago:

"I'm a hard worker: a bump in the road will not stop me from getting to my destination. I WILL graduate. I appreciate the support."

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
From his Twitter 10 minutes ago:

"I'm a hard worker: a bump in the road will not stop me from getting to my destination. I WILL graduate. I appreciate the support."
It says a lot about someone's character to bounce back from a mistake, especially someone at his age. We've all seen too many stories about kids in college or high school making mistakes and never trying to correct them. If Jerome gets his degree, he won't be one of them.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Well, he's no longer enrolled at UConn, so it will have to be from somewhere else.

Words from Coach P, via Dez :

http://courantblogs.com/uconn-footb...pasqualoni-addresses-jerome-junior-dismissal/

“Yeah, the message is that we have program policies, we have a very, very high level of expectation of our players in many areas and one of those areas is behavior – whether it be on campus, off campus, in the meeting room, on the practice field, at the game we’re not going to accept anything but appropriate behavior,” Pasqualoni said. “It was a violation, for me, it was a violation of what’s expected here in the football program and we can’t accept it.”

Reaction Score
Nice to see that there are standards and expectations and if you don't live up to them, there are consequences.

Reaction Score
Just saw this tweet...thought it was VERY interesting:
Robert McClain (@bobbymac36)
2/16/12 2:39 PM
“@desmondconner: UConn Coach Paul Pasqualoni Addresses Jerome Junior Dismissal Post original url/wIAqsn”wow what happened now.

I can't imagine Coach P's rules are any more strict than these guys had to follow under Edsall. In fact I actually thought from reading quotes in Dez's articles from P's first spring practice and last year that it was a slightly looser environment for these guys. I hope Jerome gets his degree as he stated earlier on twitter he wants to do.

Reaction Score
Susan Herbst is an action oriented President demanding decisiveness from her troops. Don't discount the impact she has had in stressing that athletes adhere to a higher standard of academic performance and good character. She is lasered in on those issues and all the coaches are listening.

Reaction Score
Any CT HS coaches here on the board care to get into what else if anything Coach P said?

Matt Walker (@walkdesign)
2/16/12 5:21 PM
@desmondconner Pasqualoni spoke to us CT coaches a few weeks ago and stressed eliminating "distractions" and kids who were a headache was #1

Reaction Score
Like others have said, I hope Jerome follows through on his twitter post and gets his degree. Mistakes are made, big and small, the key is learning from them.

As for the football impact, it is not a huge loss based on his performance last year. There is always the hope with another year of experience, he could have improved, but he had a lot of trouble in the passing game again. And he was not great in the run game either, took some poor angles and has trouble wrapping up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom