Jeff Jacobs: The Truth Is, UConn Isn't In BC's League | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs: The Truth Is, UConn Isn't In BC's League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's why only one conference wanted BC while three have been or still are interested in UConn.

Hurts, doesn't it?

As much as you might want it to be true the reality is only one conference has an interest in UConn and that is the AAC! And you and everyone else are hurt over it.

Reaction Score
Good lord! BC is a better football team right now. Kid Dillon is an absolute stud. UCONN will narrow the gap with Edsall back at the helm.

BC has a better conference affiliation. After that, they have absolutely nothing over UCONN........and the fans and administration don't really care. Fenway was UCONN's house. BC brought no one. Finally, BC will most likely not win a conference title in any of the major sports in our lifetimes. So the money is nice, but I don't see the fan base ever being happy.

BC's a nice little private school.

Reaction Score
What the hell point are you making?

Thumbing through those ... the American has done reasonably well. Often beating P5 games. I don't see notable high numbers for BC. I see 6-10 games per week that do far better than others.

Often though it looks like:

992K Temple
USF American Sept. 21, 7:30 PM ESPN

816K Bos. College
Clemson ACC Sept. 23, 4:00 PM ESPN2

Yup. Temple - USF ( a minor tilt in the AAC) outdrew BC - Clemson. Surprisingly
My point is UConn’s profile nationally in football is about the same as any MAC or CUSA school based on Tv ratings versus your belief that it is part of the great national Uconn brand of the B.B. programs. Look at Uconn numbers and look at Miami of Ohio, Bowling Green, Central Mi numbers and draw your own conclusion about about UConn’s national brand recognition for football. I question even the regional appeal since Uconn and the American have been on ESPN broadcast games a significant number of times this year.

Uconn Ratings -
(70K) Tulsa
UConn American Oct. 21, Noon ESPNU
(769K) Memphis
UConn American Oct. 6, 7 PM ESPN
84K ECU
UConn American Sept. 24, Noon ESPNU
286K UConn
Virginia American
ACC Sept. 16, Noon ESPN2

Average = 302,250

MAC/CUSA Ratings
(369K) Akron
Miami (Ohio) MAC Nov. 7, 7:30 PM ESPN2
(272K) Miami (Ohio)
Ohio MAC Oct. 31, 8:00 PM ESPN2
453K) Marshall
Mid. Tenn. C-USA Oct. 20, 7:00 PM ESPN2
(90K) W. Michigan
Buffalo MAC Oct. 7, 3:30 PM ESPNU

Average 296,000

Other AAC teams -
(565K) Memphis
Houston American Oct. 19, 8:00 PM ESPN
(284K) USF
Tulane American Oct. 21, 7:00 PM ESPN2
(102K) SMU
Cincinnati American Oct. 21, 4:00 PM ESPNU
(295K) Navy
Memphis American Oct. 14, 3:45 PM ESPNU
(173K) Cincinnati
USF American Oct. 14, 7:30 PM ESPNU
(131K) UCF
Cincinnati American Oct. 7, 8 PM ESPNU
(61K) Temple
ECU American Oct. 7, Noon ESPNU
(442K) Memphis
UCF American Sept. 30, 7:00 PM ESPN2
(251K) Navy
Tulsa American Sept. 30, 3:30 PM ESPNU
(209K) Houston
Temple American Sept. 30, Noon ESPNU
992K Temple

Average 318,636

I was going to post the average for each of the P5 conferences but that is just too depressing to post.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Good lord! BC is a better football team right now. Kid Dillon is an absolute stud. UCONN will narrow the gap with Edsall back at the helm.

BC has a better conference affiliation. After that, they have absolutely nothing over UCONN...and the fans and administration don't really care. Fenway was UCONN's house. BC brought no one. Finally, BC will most likely not win a conference title in any of the major sports in our lifetimes. So the money is nice, but I don't see the fan base ever being happy.

BC's a nice little private school.
It was Uconn's home game. They should have owned Fenway as they had the majority of the tickets (I think Uconn got 20,000; Sox kept 10,000, BC got 7,000). That less than 21,000 actually attended a one off, unique game is not impressive by the Uconn fan base in any way. This was the second time in 3 years for BC fans to go to a game in Fenway if they wanted to. And Uconn does not move the BC fan base to attend like Notre Dame did. You probably had the same turnout by BC as you would have had in East Hartford.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It was Uconn's home game....You probably had the same turnout by BC as you would have had in East Hartford.
So pretty much what would have been the same crowd in East Hartford, but in Boston. That actually is impressive. In BC's backyard. We all know the fan turnout would have been far better if the program was stable as before.

Reaction Score
As much as you might want it to be true the reality is only one conference has an interest in UConn and that is the AAC! And you and everyone else are hurt over it.
lol...wishful thinking. I ain't hurt. Do you see me whining and wailing? You managed to generalize me into a bunch when I bring up whining earlier in the thread. Speaks volumes on your part.

Yes, live in fear of us. Muahahahahahahahahahahaha. I am pretty sure we have more national championships than BC, no? We have 4 times as many NCAA titles.

Reaction Score
lol...wishful thinking. I ain't hurt. Do you see me whining and wailing? You managed to generalize me into a bunch when I bring up whining earlier in the thread. Speaks volumes on your part.

Yes, live in fear of us. Muahahahahahahahahahahaha. I am pretty sure we have more national championships than BC, no? We have 4 times as many NCAA titles.

Live in fear of you? In your dreams and fantasies. You seem to have a lot of them. Like being in a P5 conference.

Congratulations on your WBB titles. You should be so proud. I am sure your guy friends are so impressed when you brag about it. Even more impressed when you talk about those Field Hockey Championships.

Reaction Score
Live in fear of you? In your dreams and fantasies. You seem to have a lot of them. Like being in a P5 conference.

Congratulations on your WBB titles. You should be so proud. I am sure your guy friends are so impressed when you brag about it. Even more impressed when you talk about those Field Hockey Championships.
I don't think you get it. We're going to be part of the "P5" soon. You can't add, 1+1=2? We'll see how you feel then.

We STILL have more men's titles than BC.

Reaction Score
I don't think you get it. We're going to be part of the "P5" soon. You can't add, 1+1=2? We'll see how you feel then.

We STILL have more men's titles than BC.

Soon? Like Wednesday or maybe next week? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! I think you are the one having a math issue. 1+1 does equal 2! UConn Football does not equal P5!

You should aspire to being competitive in the AAC. You are going to be there for a while!

Reaction Score
It was Uconn's home game. They should have owned Fenway as they had the majority of the tickets (I think Uconn got 20,000; Sox kept 10,000, BC got 7,000). That less than 21,000 actually attended a one off, unique game is not impressive by the Uconn fan base in any way. This was the second time in 3 years for BC fans to go to a game in Fenway if they wanted to. And Uconn does not move the BC fan base to attend like Notre Dame did. You probably had the same turnout by BC as you would have had in East Hartford.

You do realize that BC students are literally down the street from Fenway? They had no one there. UCONN may have only brought 20-25k fans, but they traveled a few hours on a rainy night in November to watch the game. Stellar? No. But BC has always had issues with their following.

Reaction Score
Soon? Like Wednesday or maybe next week? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! I think you are the one having a math issue. 1+1 does equal 2! UConn Football does not equal P5!

You should aspire to being competitive in the AAC. You are going to be there for a while!

All of what you post is largely true. In the interest of self awareness, you might want to ask yourself when BC will legitimately contend for a conference championship in the ACC.

Now, coming on this board with these posts doesn't make you smart, doesn't make you tough, certainly doesn't show any class.......it only makes you come across as an @$$.

Carry on..........

Reaction Score
UCONN may have only brought 20-25k fans, but they traveled a few hours on a rainy night in November to watch the game. Stellar?

Stellar? Impossible! Attendance for the game was 20,133. You are claiming UConn brought more people to the game than actually attended the game. Pretty impressive. Were you a math major at UConn or maybe Statistics?

Maybe, UConn had 12,000 people at the game. The balance were BC fans and a few were people who just came to watch a football game.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
College Football TV Ratings For Every Game - Sports Media Watch
Ratings are a data point that back me up. What do you have beyond your own opinion?
Unless its Clemson, ND or Miami, the ACC draws crap
IF BC is a big a draw as you claim, UConn should get a huge boost for this past Saturday, correct? I am not holding my breath on that one
Did they kick you out of the BC blog? Do they have one?
Good luck to your basketball team at the Nike Tournament

Reaction Score
Good luck to your basketball team at the Nike Tournament

I assume that UConn is hoping to make the NIT this year. Interesting a powerhouse like UConn cannot dominate the AAC. Couldn't even make the NCAA Tournament the past few years. You want to talk about BC being irrelevant in the ACC, UConn has become irrelevant in the AAC. Well except for WBB! You will always have WBB! And Field Hockey!

Reaction Score
My point is UConn’s profile nationally in football is about the same as any MAC or CUSA school based on Tv ratings versus your belief that it is part of the great national Uconn brand of the B.B. programs. Look at Uconn numbers and look at Miami of Ohio, Bowling Green, Central Mi numbers and draw your own conclusion about about UConn’s national brand recognition for football. I question even the regional appeal since Uconn and the American have been on ESPN broadcast games a significant number of times this year.

Uconn Ratings -
(70K) Tulsa
UConn American Oct. 21, Noon ESPNU
(769K) Memphis
UConn American Oct. 6, 7 PM ESPN
84K ECU
UConn American Sept. 24, Noon ESPNU
286K UConn
Virginia American
ACC Sept. 16, Noon ESPN2

Average = 302,250

MAC/CUSA Ratings
(369K) Akron
Miami (Ohio) MAC Nov. 7, 7:30 PM ESPN2
(272K) Miami (Ohio)
Ohio MAC Oct. 31, 8:00 PM ESPN2
453K) Marshall
Mid. Tenn. C-USA Oct. 20, 7:00 PM ESPN2
(90K) W. Michigan
Buffalo MAC Oct. 7, 3:30 PM ESPNU

Average 296,000

Other AAC teams -
(565K) Memphis
Houston American Oct. 19, 8:00 PM ESPN
(284K) USF
Tulane American Oct. 21, 7:00 PM ESPN2
(102K) SMU
Cincinnati American Oct. 21, 4:00 PM ESPNU
(295K) Navy
Memphis American Oct. 14, 3:45 PM ESPNU
(173K) Cincinnati
USF American Oct. 14, 7:30 PM ESPNU
(131K) UCF
Cincinnati American Oct. 7, 8 PM ESPNU
(61K) Temple
ECU American Oct. 7, Noon ESPNU
(442K) Memphis
UCF American Sept. 30, 7:00 PM ESPN2
(251K) Navy
Tulsa American Sept. 30, 3:30 PM ESPNU
(209K) Houston
Temple American Sept. 30, Noon ESPNU
992K Temple

Average 318,636

I was going to post the average for each of the P5 conferences but that is just too depressing to post.

Silly ... you can't average these things. They are massively differing platforms.

Reaction Score
I assume that UConn is hoping to make the NIT this year. Interesting a powerhouse like UConn cannot dominate the AAC. Couldn't even make the NCAA Tournament the past few years. You want to talk about BC being irrelevant in the ACC, UConn has become irrelevant in the AAC. Well except for WBB! You will always have WBB! And Field Hockey!

We'd kick BC's butt with our B team. And ... if we were in the same conference ... we'd repeat the 19 in a row stuff Calhoun did to you in the 90s. You suck. And uconndogs is right ... the MONEY got you nothing. Certainly not charm.

Reaction Score
Stellar? Impossible! Attendance for the game was 20,133. You are claiming UConn brought more people to the game than actually attended the game. Pretty impressive. Were you a math major at UConn or maybe Statistics?

Maybe, UConn had 12,000 people at the game. The balance were BC fans and a few were people who just came to watch a football game.

HENCE the very essence ... YOU have no Fanbase. YOU don't deliver a market. And ... when (NOT If) the cracks come in the next decade - because the ESPN money is illusory - you BC will find yourself back in the pile with us. Still with no FANBASE; but UConn could grow one.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

HA!!!

That's hilarious, dude. Yeah, a fan from the team that we beat 23 consecutive times on the court is going to tell us that the AAC has made us irrelevant. Toward the end of the streak, I thought that you guys were going to call Amnesty International to get us to stop. And the AAC has made us so irrelevant that we don't know what we're going to do with our 2014 National Title. Do we melt it down and make a hockey mask for our BC friends? Do we take a picture of it and send it to Chestnut Hill so that they know what it looks like? Oh, the choices...

Reaction Score
We'd kick BC's butt with our B team. And ... if we were in the same conference ... we'd repeat the 19 in a row stuff Calhoun did to you in the 90s. You suck. And uconndogs is right ... the MONEY got you nothing. Certainly not charm.

Really? You barely beat Stoney Brook!

Charm is overrated!

Reaction Score
HA!!!

That's hilarious, dude. Yeah, a fan from the team that we beat 23 consecutive times on the court is going to tell us that the AAC has made us irrelevant. Toward the end of the streak, I thought that you guys were going to call Amnesty International to get us to stop. And the AAC has made us so irrelevant that we don't know what we're going to do with our 2014 National Title. Do we melt it down and make a hockey mask for our BC friends? Do we take a picture of it and send it to Chestnut Hill so that they know what it looks like? Oh, the choices...

How has that UConn powerhouse done the past two years? Have fun living in the past! Well you still have WBB and Field Hockey!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
How has that UConn powerhouse done the past two years? Have fun living in the past! Well you still have WBB and Field Hockey!

How have we done in the past two years??? Ha ha ha ha!

You crack me up. That's as far back as you could go from our last national title. Two years. You really do crack me up. NATIONAL TITLE!

We'll take a picture of it and mail it to Chestnut Hill. It's the right thing to do. This way, you can also feel like you're a part of a winning culture...

(p.s., I'm happy that you were able to pull out that game against Sacred Heart. Trailing by 1 to them at the half must not have felt very nice for you...LOL...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom