Jeff Jacobs: The Truth Is, UConn Isn't In BC's League | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs: The Truth Is, UConn Isn't In BC's League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It was Uconn's home game. They should have owned Fenway as they had the majority of the tickets (I think Uconn got 20,000; Sox kept 10,000, BC got 7,000). That less than 21,000 actually attended a one off, unique game is not impressive by the Uconn fan base in any way. This was the second time in 3 years for BC fans to go to a game in Fenway if they wanted to. And Uconn does not move the BC fan base to attend like Notre Dame did. You probably had the same turnout by BC as you would have had in East Hartford.

Yes, and they chose not to do so both times.

Reaction Score
And that national rep was so impressive the ACC passed, the B1G passed and BigXII passed. Pretty impressive national rep you have there!
You seem to forget that the ACC invited UConn twice, only to be vetoed by BC and some of the underhanded buddies, so cut the crap with this. When the P5 becomes the P4, there is no doubt that BC will be left out.

Reaction Score
You seem to forget that the ACC invited UConn twice, only to be vetoed by BC and some of the underhanded buddies, so cut the crap with this. When the P5 becomes the P4, there is no doubt that BC will be left out.
They were never invited. They were considered. Blame more the FSU, Clemson and Miami (for FB) and the NC State, GT and Wake on the BB side the first tme around. The second time it was all FB driven and Uconn had no chance against Lville.

Reaction Score
Yes, and they chose not to do so both times.
BC sold out their allotment against ND. BC required an extra donation to even get into the lottery for tickets.

When it is incumbent on the away team to sell out a game? I have heard from a reliable source inside the FSG group that Uconn and BC each sold around 65% of their allotted tickets (Fenway retained sales <50%) and that thru the gate attendance was about 80% of tickets sold.

Reaction Score
Here’s the thing about AAC football. There are more than a handful of really good teams. UCF USF and Memphis would compete in any P5 league and would have a punchers chance against anyone. Personally I think Memphis might be the best of the 3. Qb is excellent and they have a guy who catches balls that are uncatchable regularly. But I can tell you that nobody would want to face any of those teams if they had to win to get into a playoff.

Reaction Score
How has that UConn powerhouse done the past two years? Have fun living in the past! Well you still have WBB and Field Hockey!
A fan of a team that just went 9 and 23 last year and 7 and 25 the year before and has ONE winning season in the last 7 and has not won an actual tourney game since 2006 is asking about Uconn ball? What a joke. Come back when you can at least have a few winning seasons in a row. This might be somewhat acceptable if this were the cuse but BC?

Enjoy the ACC basement. 16 and freakin 48 in a two year span. Pathetic. You have no place to talk, the team you like blows. BC ran scared from Uconn like a bunch of Nancy boys after 23 losses in a row and 29 of 32 losses because they knew they could not compete. The scores on the football field in the mid 2000s were competitive too and Uconn would only have a boost in the ACC after a bowl game in the mid 2000s. Yah, a bowl game, something you know nothing about.

BTW, BC won a tourey game in 2006 as I mentioned, Uconn won two years ago.

Last edited:

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
You are correct, no spelling errors at all in it. Forgetting for a moment that when BE basketball was formed that Uconn made the NIT in the first year of its existence, had Corny Thompson and had finished a run in the late 1970's that included post season appearances, everything you wrote is 100% correct. People longed for remaining in the Yankee Conference. No one in the media liked playing Georgetown and St. Johns and Villanova and recoiled at the thought of competing with them.

Use the Google machine and find a single article that supports what you wrote. You won't.

Wow :confused:

it happened, it really happened, and it was the Hartford Courant that published that narrative

as for everything else, simply a red herring

Reaction Score
They were never invited. They were considered. Blame more the FSU, Clemson and Miami (for FB) and the NC State, GT and Wake on the BB side the first tme around. The second time it was all FB driven and Uconn had no chance against Lville.
Maybe invited was the incorrect word. They were penciled in three times. Twice blocked by BC, then the Lville debacle.

Reaction Score
The scores on the football field in the mid 2000s were competitive too and Uconn would only have a boost in the ACC after a bowl game in the mid 2000s. Yah, a bowl game, something you know nothing about.

Wow you were competitive! Something to really strive for! Were they moral victories? Someone else was excited that UConn dominated BC for 18 minutes at Fenway Saturday night! Unfortunately is it a 60 minute game. Team with the most points wins! You really need to have higher goals, like winning games!

BC has been to many bowl games. In fact we will be going to a bowl game again this year! Didn't UConn lose their last bowl game to Marshall?

Reaction Score
Wow you were competitive! Something to really strive for! Were they moral victories? Someone else was excited that UConn dominated BC for 18 minutes at Fenway Saturday night! Unfortunately is it a 60 minute game. Team with the most points wins! You really need to have higher goals, like winning games!

BC has been to many bowl games. In fact we will be going to a bowl game again this year! Didn't UConn lose their last bowl game to Marshall?
Nice cherry picking. BTW, I meant MAJOR bowl games.

No mention of your awful bball teams, but that was the main portion of my post. No mention of going 16 and 48 these past two years or being under .500 7 of the past 8 years or last winning a tourney game in 2006.

You are good at cherry picking, that is all I can give you.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Nice cherry picking.

No mention of your awful bball teams, but that was the main portion of my post. No mention of going 16 and 48 these past two years or being under .500 7 of the past 8 years or last winning a tourney game in 2006.

You are good at cherry picking, that is all I can give you.

Give him this moment. For BC, beating UConn in ANYTHING is like winning the Superbowl. He needs this to take that rainy cloud away... ;)

Reaction Score
Nice cherry picking. BTW, I meant MAJOR bowl games.

Cherry picking? The problem is you did not express yourself correctly. What you wrote was bowl. If you meant major bowl you should have said MAJOR Bowl! Cotton Bowl is a major Bowl! BC has been to the Cotton Bowl. They have also played in the Orange Bowl and Sugar Bowl. All of them are major bowls.

Reaction Score
Give him this moment. For BC, beating UConn in ANYTHING is like winning the Superbowl. He needs this to take that rainy cloud away... ;)

Actually when it comes to football it is all we do against UConn. UConn has never beaten BC in football. They did manage two ties! We should note that UConn did dominate on Saturday for 18 minutes! What a moral victory for UConn. Something to really celebrate!

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I think the margin of victory this year was 23 points and that's a pretty accurate indication how far apart the teams are in 2017.

I contend that if the roles were reversed (and UConn had been in the ACC for a dozen years while BC was in the AAC), UConn would have beaten BC by at least 23. It probably would have been 30 or 40.

Reaction Score
I think the margin of victory this year was 23 points and that's a pretty accurate indication how far apart the teams are in 2017.

I contend that if the roles were reversed (and UConn had been in the ACC for a dozen years while BC was in the AAC), UConn would have beaten BC by at least 23. It probably would have been 30 or 40.
Harumph

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Actually when it comes to football it is all we do against UConn. UConn has never beaten BC in football. They did manage two ties! We should note that UConn did dominate on Saturday for 18 minutes! What a moral victory for UConn. Something to really celebrate!

You’re proving to be a big character guy Hank. Congratulations.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

That's laughable. Do you know how many years in a row you guys ducked us? Spaziani wouldn't play against us. Jadgozinski wouldn't play against us. I wonder why that was?

Because you would have gotten your arses kicked in the same way that Notre Dame, South Carolina, and Louisville did. You cowards didn't want to play against us until we were an absolute dumpster fire. Because you are the coward chicken-birds that you are. We'll see each other in a couple of years. I'm confident about what the outcome will be, you coward...

Reaction Score
That's laughable. Do you know how many years in a row you guys ducked us? Spaziani wouldn't play against us. Jadgozinski wouldn't play against us. I wonder why that was?

Because you would have gotten your arses kicked in the same way that Notre Dame, South Carolina, and Louisville did. You cowards didn't want to play against us until we were an absolute dumpster fire. Because you are the coward chicken-birds that you are. We'll see each other in a couple of years. I'm confident about what the outcome will be, you coward...

Ah yes we were ducking you! We are playing the likes of Clemson, VaTech, FSU, Notre Dame, USC but we were ducking lowly UConn. There is no benefit to playing UConn. You are supposed to beat UConn but you get no benefit when you do beat them. What is the cumulative score the past two years, 69 to 16? Play close or god forbid lose and you are embarrassed. And because you think UConn is so great you have to have a home and home. Why should BC provide a home and home with UConn. We can do the same thing playing UMass get a two for one or three for one and play the road game at Gillette Stadium. UConn willing to make that deal? Part of the reason we have a new AD is because he was scheduling home and homes with UConn. Will not happen in the future. We are far better off playing teams like Michigan State, Purdue, Ohio State, Notre Dame and others out of conference.

Wow you beat Notre Dame. They were so embarrassed they fired their coach!

In a couple of years we will beat you down just like this year and last year. After the games you can crow about dominating the game for 18 minutes. Who know by them you might dominate the game for 24 minutes before we run you off the field.

By the way you were confident about this year. "You had a good feeling". The result was 39 to 16 with 13 of the points coming in garbage time against the second string. It will be the same in the future!

Good Day!

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Ah yes we were ducking you! We are playing the likes of Clemson, VaTech, FSU, Notre Dame, USC but we were ducking lowly UConn. There is no benefit to playing UConn. You are supposed to beat UConn but you get no benefit when you do beat them. What is the cumulative score the past two years, 69 to 16? Play close or god forbid lose and you are embarrassed. And because you think UConn is so great you have to have a home and home. Why should BC provide a home and home with UConn. We can do the same thing playing UMass get a two for one or three for one and play the road game at Gillette Stadium. UConn willing to make that deal? Part of the reason we have a new AD is because he was scheduling home and homes with UConn. Will not happen in the future. We are far better off playing teams like Michigan State, Purdue, Ohio State, Notre Dame and others out of conference.

Wow you beat Notre Dame. They were so embarrassed they fired their coach!

In a couple of years we will beat you down just like this year and last year. After the games you can crow about dominating the game for 18 minutes. Who know by them you might dominate the game for 24 minutes before we run you off the field.

By the way you were confident about this year. "You had a good feeling". The result was 39 to 16 with 13 of the points coming in garbage time against the second string. It will be the same in the future!

Good Day!

Ducking us. Because you're all cowards. DeFillippo said, "It was a matter of turf. We wanted to be New England's team."

Did you catch the verve? "Wanted". Meaning he knew you couldn't be New England's team without some advantage, like not playing us anymore.

You know what's funny? You're STILL NOT New England's team! Even with more money from the ACC. Hell, you're not even friggin Boston's team, as evidenced by your poor crowd showing on Saturday.

BC sucks. They've always sucked. They continue to suck. And your ducking us has gotten you nowhere.

Don't have a good day... :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr