Jeff Jacobs: NCAA investigating UConn men | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs: NCAA investigating UConn men

Status
Not open for further replies.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Worst timing ever per usual with UConn. If Ollie leaves this program with sanctions or the investigation still looming this job just got a hell of a lot less appealing. It’s hard to put into words how much damage he’s done to the program the past 4 years.

Yawn

Reaction Score
I don't care about the out for the AD with Ollie this is a big blow. With the program down right now this is literally the last thing we need. Investigation will hurt this program especially right now. Shabazz, Boat, DD and Giffey were on that APR banned team so we were able to recover without top recruits. We don't have those players and even then it hurt us.

Reaction Score
This reeks of something strange - either St. John's or our athletic department looking for an out. Unbelievable news to wake up to.

The one thing you had to give KO credit for was how clean-cut the program has been under him. Apparently not...

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Jeff Jacobs: NCAA investigating UConn men

The NCAA has notified UConn of an inquiry into its men’s basketball program, Hearst Connecticut Media has learned and the school confirmed Thursday. While the full nature of the inquiry is uncertain, some, if not all, involves areas of recruiting, according to two sources with knowledge of the situation.
Recruiting?

Reaction Score
Meanwhile - Louisville, Auburn, USC and Ok State continue playing despite blatant pay to play schemes. Such BS.
Uconn is still "playing" as well.

If you consider "playing" being 2 games above .500 and losing 5 games by at least 20 points.

This Uconn season has been like the "Finish Him" part of Mortal Kombat, and this NCAA investigation news is the Fatality where our spine gets ripped out.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
No, I don't.

Whats exhausting is this constant cry for poverty? If UConn and the State are so poor, they fold the football program.

I challenge you to find one post on this site where I mention buyout as my reason for keeping Ollie. I wanted to keep Ollie ( conditionally) for other reasons. I'm not one of the " buyout hand cuffs us" guys here. Even if realistically it probably does a bit that has never been my focus on the KO argument.

Reaction Score
Maybe we can self-impose a postseason ban for this season and we will be all in the clear? amirite?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Is so. This is what we’ve come to? Unobtrusive backhanded dealings to set up a false narrative so a cause for contract denial can be considered. Is that not in itself a reason to be removed from ones position? It makes a bad situation exponentially more embarrassing.
From what I know of Benedict he is a straight shooter. I will be both surprised and disappointed if he pulled some underhanded move to avoid the buyout.

C

Chief00

Ok Chief will play the zero sum game.

Poor Sid, his mom dies, then he goes to SJU looking forward to the opportunities a college education brings and Sid gets subjected to fake classes and he is forced to practice outside of NCAA guidelines.

He seeks a true education rather than being a Mullins gym rat and they even try to stop that.

Reaction Score
Of course ESPN has us as one of the top stories. I hate how they love to see our demise.
This is nuts. NBA all-star game, huge offseason moves in the MLB, and the gd SuperBowl, yet they'll still take any opportunity to take us down. Pull every tax break they've ever had until we're in a power conference

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don’t see how one assumes it’s Wilson. If they screwed around on Wilson why would they appeal when they knew there is a 0% chance he gets the waiver?

If you rob a bank, do you go and try to deposit some in your savings account the next day?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This is nuts. NBA all-star game, huge offseason moves in the MLB, and the gd SuperBowl, yet they'll still take any opportunity to take us down. Pull every tax break they've ever had until we're in a power conference

So you are mad at ESPN for treating UConn as important. If they didn’t cover it you’d be mad at ESPN for not covering it.

Unless the violations are ESPN gave benefits on behalf of UConn maybe the wrong entity to be mad at?

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Ok Chief will play the zero sum game.

Poor Sid, his mom dies, then he goes to SJU looking forward to the opportunities a college education brings and Sid gets subjected to fake classes and he is forced to practice outside of NCAA guidelines.

He seeks a true education rather than being a Mullins gym rat and they even try to stop that.

This is just as plausible as Ollie commiting violations recruiting kids ranked > 150 and yet the guillotine is already on its way down while the mob cheers. Absolutely pathetic.

Reaction Score
Even though Jacobs wants to beat the Courant in this story it’s wrong to report recruitiong violations without even a hint of what they involve. He must know or he can’t write the story. Otherwise he is just a parot on the NCCA news release.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I doubt it's anything serious, and yes I'm allowed to speculate about this just like Jeff Jacobs and everyone else who knows NOTHING about the investigation.

So my speculation is this, We had contact with Sid Wilson while he was enrolled at St John's. Something like a phone call to see if Ollie was still interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom