Jeff Jacobs: NCAA investigating UConn men | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs: NCAA investigating UConn men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I believe 100% that Jacobs has good sources and that we're under investigation. But I straight up do not believe that Ollie committed recruiting violations, and hope for his sake (and ours) that he did not.

To the people rooting for that in here... be careful what you wish for.

Reaction Score
Could this be attached to Chillious? I mean wasn't he the head of the sketchy Nike Grass Roots program that we surmised the FBI would be looking into? If they are investigating him, they are investigating UConn, too.

Reaction Score

Shouldn’t we be more worried about what Kill/Chill have been doing on the recruiting trail? They’re the ones responsible for having pulled in big tuna at lowly previous programs

Reaction Score
What if it involves an employee who isn't even at UConn anymore. With all said about Ollie on the recruiting trail that would make sense.

Reaction Score
Regardless. It’s a garbage article. Basically to say it’s not about the FBI investigation and then write about the investigation for half the article. I’m no Ollie fan but Jeff Jacobs never ceases to dissapoint.
Certainly making a splash for his new employer with that headline and buyout talk. If he doesn't know what they're investigating how can he rule out the FBI stuff? Or did he just forget to ask?

What a sell out hack.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Certainly making a splash for his new employer with that headline and buyout talk. If he doesn't know what they're investigating how can he rule out the FBI stuff? Or did he just forget to ask?

What a sell out hack.
He (Jacobs) is a hack and he's always gone out of his way to be overly provocative when it comes to implying UConn, especially the men's hoops program as being less than clean.

Reaction Score
Hopefully whatever the infraction is, it's not too serious.

On the bright side, however, it definitely provides a pathway towards getting out of that $9mil buyout. That's huge.
I thought thst this was a board for fans of UConn. To hear people rooting for an NCAA investigatoon into our program to get rid of a coach some people despise is assinine. The damage that could be done to UConn would far outweigh any positive the Ollie haters seem to think it would provide. If you think we are irrelevant now this would be the nail in the cofgin.

Reaction Score
I believe 100% that Jacobs has good sources and that we're under investigation. But I straight up do not believe that Ollie committed recruiting violations, and hope for his sake (and ours) that he did not.

To the people rooting for that in here... be careful what you wish for.
Thank You. Well said. It can't be systemic recruiting violations. Say what you want about KO as a coach, but his integrity is above reproach. My guess is that it is an isolated recruiting violation and has something to do with Sid leaving ST. John's.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Ollie said in an article in the spring that other coaches recruited his players during the season and he’s not like that. I hope that’s true. I wonder why the ncaa hasn’t looked into that?

Also if this is true, there has to be a vendetta with the ncaa against uconn. Since ‘09 they have been dragging us through the mud every chance they get to screw with us. I honestly don’t believe hey have a pot to piss in after the way the handled the unc case and others

Reaction Score
That’s the dream scenario. But if we committed even the most minuscule infraction. Mark Emmert and the NCAA are going to screw us into obscurity. Firing Ollie in that scenario won’t save us
No, the dream scenario is the Athletic Department self reports some minor recruiting violations it recently became aware of, in order to get rid of Ollie and his puppets without forking over one dime.

Reaction Score

The NCAA has notified UConn of an inquiry into its men’s basketball program, Hearst Connecticut Media has learned and the school confirmed Thursday. While the full nature of the inquiry is uncertain, some, if not all, involves areas of recruiting, according to two sources with knowledge of the situation.

The NCAA has notified UConn of an inquiry into its men’s basketball program, Hearst Connecticut Media has learned and the school confirmed Thursday. While the full nature of the inquiry is uncertain, some, if not all, involves areas of recruiting, according to two sources with knowledge of the situation.
The Post's byline for Jacobs should read, 'he has a passion for insinuating wrongdoing by UConn'

C

Chief00

He (Jacobs) is a hack and he's always gone out of his way to be overly provocative when it comes to implying UConn, especially the men's hoops program as being less than clean.

I agree, he spent a good amount of time discussing the FBI when according to his source(s) its an NCAA not a FBI investigation. A huge difference.
Anyone can file a complaint and there has been an internal investigation for some time and that’s been a matter of public record.

C

Chief00

oh shut up, don't act like this is what you were talking about. What you said is a WAY different hypothetical than this. I'm so sick of you I don't know why everyone is seemingly just cool with you being around.
LOL - I said what I said.

Reaction Score
I’m glad it’s not the FBI, but the NCAA has not been kind to us. Hopefully Ollie is cleared of any wrongdoing.
Has anyone under NCAA investigation ever been cleared of wrongdoing?

Reaction Score
When I heard this, I immediately thought of Chillious. If there is any hint of wrongdoing on his part, he should be fired immediately. I don't believe he is worth having on our sidelines. Yes he might be able to land some recruits, but in what way? Also, Ollie is in dire need of an X's and O's guy and he isn't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom