Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn) | Page 29 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Theoretically can we say to jalen spend your whole summer in Storrs. Scrimmage witht the team, train with the team, use our facilities, our trainers, our work out regime?

Reaction Score
Your posts all seem to have a reference to s e x in one way or another and that bothers me.
Yes. What I cant say at work, ends up here. Apologies for the offense, but it is what it is.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I love Jalen, but the keys are in Terrence's hands in 2 years...

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Great news. He could be our best PG at UConn yet. A multiple year player with the physical tools to develop into a real star both in college and in the NBA. I do think Terrence will get the keys his freshman year while he plays off ball (I don't think purvis comes back for a 2nd year) and he could even come off the bench if a guy like Malik comes. Either way we are going to be really, really good at the guard position. Ollie is doing amazing things for this program.

Reaction Score
Such great, amazing news. I love when I hear from a text from Scote when I don't have time to stalk the board. What makes me happy the most is hearing a talented kid call UConn a dream school. We are no longer a leftover school for anyone into the well distant future. Storrs is a magical place. Welcome Jalen, hope you surpass your dreams!

Reaction Score
I love Terrence and he has tremendous toughness you can see that. I wouldn't put all my $$$$$ on him getting the keys but only because of the people who will be looking to take that set! Don't count Cassell Jr out as well as JA now….both also have time to get better and stronger as does Terrence…….good news they will be stacked! And I think we have Rodney for 2 years………..then again I just said we lost JA so why listen to my old dumb a***?

U

UCONNfan1

Don't forget we have Samuel and Cassel Jr. to play point. Assuming Purvis doesn't go to the NBA he will also be playing as a combo guard. I'm hoping Adams Freshman year is similar to Bazz's freshman year. I don't think he'll get the keys on day 1, but hopefully he'll be a valuable contributor.

I'm looking forward to seeing him as a Husky in 2015.
That's a great point - Samuel was just terrific last year and earned major minutes in the NCAA stretch run and good PT in our last 2 or 3 games - the ones that were most important. Kid has ice water in his veins and apparently saves his best for big moments. I'm really excited to see what his game is like this year...

Anyway looks like a lot of other people just mentioned Samuel as well. I agree we are really solid in the guard spots. Looking forward to seeing what other dominoes fall our way!

Reaction Score
Yesterday:
Just a gut but Jalen and UConn's love affair fell sour somewhere otherwise this deal would have been closed……….love the kids game but if wanted to be a Husky he would have been already so we will be going in a different direction for sure……..just guessing though!

I mentioned later in another post he should be worried about the other guards KO and the staff are targeting and worried they would commit first. You guys can thank me now. I knew this would work and I think I forced Jalen to think about how upset he would be if Briscoe, Smith, Dorsey or Brunson held their hand up first…….so you're welcome Byers…….once again a huge impact by Mau :rolleyes:

...and I agreed with you Mau, we both get an assist on this one!! :)

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I just can't see Purvis staying for 2 years for a couple of reasons. He's an McD AA who will essentially be a junior next year. He has been getting coached up by Ollie for a full season now and has the physical tools to be an NBA PG unlike Boatright, Bazz, and Kemba because he is about 6'4 and strong. NBA teams are going to love him and he will be a lottery pick after this year. Even if he isn't a pure point guard here nba teams will still take the chance. Russell Westbrook is an example of that. Everyone knows how the nba doesn't like old guys either and that's these kids end goals.

Reaction Score
I just can't see Purvis staying for 2 years for a couple of reasons. He's an McD AA who will essentially be a junior next year. He has been getting coached up by Ollie for a full season now and has the physical tools to be an NBA PG unlike Boatright, Bazz, and Kemba because he is about 6'4 and strong. NBA teams are going to love him and he will be a lottery pick after this year. Even if he isn't a pure point guard here nba teams will still take the chance. Russell Westbrook is an example of that. Everyone knows how the nba doesn't like old guys either and that's these kids end goals.

Could be 100% right…….but he will need to be a huge impact right away and score in various ways………I don't think he plays PG at the next level but could be wrong there too…….he's plenty big and strong to be a 2 anyway so if he goes it will be great news for us because he had a big enough year for us to be contenders again right away!

Reaction Score
I may be off with this, but he kinda reminds me of a healthy D-Rose. Explosive, aggressive, score first point guard. Maybe not quite as quick.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Uconn is now the #1 destination spot for pgs.. like USC for quarterbacks or bama for running backs..

Reaction Score
I think we should temper expectations on Purvis a bit. He's never played point before, playing it in practice is not the same as in games. He has good athleticism and nice size although his wingpan is only 6'4 which is not ideal for the nba. Don't get me wrong i think he will be very good but don't assume he'll only be here for a year.

Reaction Score
From recent Nike PG Skills Academy:

Best Lead Guard
Jalen Adams --
He has been known as an undersized scoring guard throughout his career, and while he might never be a pure point, Adams used this setting as his latest opportunity to show he can be an effective lead guard. His change-of-pace game is top notch as he attacks, and he’s a guy who can create space and shots alike at virtually anytime. He was particularly impressive making instinctive reads off the ball screen. Combine that with a 6-6 wingspan and there’s lots to like about this guy.

Reaction Score
Take a look at 1:03. Bazz never showed us any of that!

This is really off the hook. Few can put together a reel like this. The whole package.

But Baz didn't need a windmill to win two NCs.

Reaction Score
Awesome!!! Now we can focus our energy on jones, stone, Enoch, and sharma
Excellent point, good to have a priority guy sealed up, let's see if/how much the staff takes the gas off the other guards they've been watching

C

Chief00

Good get today. Adams can play. Make no mistake, Samuels is the leader, not because he is the most talented - he just has that personality. Sam Jr, I frankly don't have a read on yet - I will work on that.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Have to wait and see how Purvis plays. It took Shabazz 3 years to mature and be able to play effectively and efficiently. I hope Purvis is ready to be a dominant player, but I don't necessarily expect it. It would be fun if he was.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Have to wait and see how Purvis plays. It took Shabazz 3 years to mature and be able to play effectively and efficiently. I hope Purvis is ready to be a dominant player, but I don't necessarily expect it. It would be fun if he was.

Totally agree. Junior year was the turning point for Kemba and Napier, it would unfair to expect Purvis to step in and contribute at even half their level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom