Jake Byczko: "UConn Blew Away BC & Syracuse" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jake Byczko: "UConn Blew Away BC & Syracuse"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Boneyard is not saying BC is bad. BC's record is saying they are bad...or maybe BC's recent athletic graduates can provide a better context of the state of their program.

I am not a math-lete but I can look at the win/loss column and 0-26 is pretty bad, right?

BC just became the first to go winless in conference in football and hoops in 40 years

BC has been receiving ACC payouts ($25 million plus) for the last 10 years. In that same time UConn has been receiving AAC payouts ($2 million) for the last 5 years. BC is recruiting from a P5 level of exposure and UConn is recruiting from the G5 level. This year's football game should not even be a contest on paper. The fact it is even being considered a potentially competitive game shows how far the BC program has fallen.

If your trying to shift the burden to UConn, save your breath. G5 teams are not expected to beat P5 teams even if they are arguably the worst P5 football/basketball program in America. I feel confident UConn will come to play. Can you say the same of BC?

I will give BC some credit for finally scheduling UConn, it took some courage on their part. Truth be told, BC has more to lose than UConn. Sadly I think BC had to completely bottom out before it realized destroying its regional rivalries and geographic partners also destroyed its own program. There is a reason interest in NE football has floundered and it is large part based on the behavior of BC.

I think BCU is below contempt. But even I find this heart breaking. Geez Louise. How could you not feel for the kid. It isn't his fault that BCU is run by godless bast#ards.

Reaction Score
This November is going to be great. , we are going to dominate both the game on the field .

Well, I wish I was filled with what appears to be a level of arrogance and bravado brimming with confidence of not only a Uconn win, but a " domination " level win vs. BC. Frankly, I don't know if the kentucky Senior QB transfer will be good or bad , or if Wade ( QB ) Hilliman ( RB) one time starters will return at 100% since going down to injury and missing last season. BC has lots of question marks, but does appear more healthy and experienced on offense, but it appears you think Uconn will be loaded this season, so BC should not be any problem for Uconn. You could be right, as I really don't know as much as you do do about Uconn's returnees, other than the RB is a good one.

Reaction Score
.you have a Coach in you have a HC that won't even be here by the end of this season.

I have no idea what BC nor Uconn football will look like this season, so right now your confident prediction that BC will be terrible and that Addazio will be fired is as good as any other, imo.

Reaction Score
Again, just to reiterate...this player said his favorite part of the season was going out to eat the same year that half of the team got food poisoning from Chipotle. The fact that violent illness is the best aspect of being a BC student athlete says a lot.

Yes, the BC Basketball program is a mess. But I'm not quite sure what " food poisoning " this has to do with either school's football programs, not this thread topic. Neither Uconn's, nor BC's football players were impacted by the terrible and unfortunate episode of getting food poisoning from a fast food restaurant. The BC Basketball player never said that " getting a violent food poisoning was the best part of being a BC student athlete " either.

Reaction Score
. There is a reason interest in NE football has floundered and it is large part based on the behavior of BC.

There is more interest in Massachusetts when BC plays Umass, as there are far more alums and students of the Massachusetts State College system living in Massachusetts, than connected to Uconn. BC is a national school ( no longer primarily a regional school ) as such, there are far more of its student body and recent alums that now come NY/ NJ than from Massachusetts. They are more interested in Syracuse as a football rival for example. So the non alums that are from Massachusetts, don't think much at all about Uconn football. They'd love to see Umass give BC a whipping, and the current student body, mostly from outside N.E. now, don't even have Uconn football on their radar for either liking them, or hating them. That said, since I have family and friends in Connecticut, I know that this BC- Uconn football game means a lot to the Nutmeggers. But BC- Uconn was never going to be a regional football rivalry as neither are state schools within the state, nor does BC get its majority of its students any longer from Massachusetts. In order to have a football rivalry both schools, alums, fan bases, have to see it this way. Thats similarly why Coach Diaco can't make Central Florida, Uconn's football rival, if Central florida doesn't recognize it as such.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UCONN, BC will sell out Alumni (or close to it). UCONN will bring about 10k. BC does care about UCONN......a lot. It's probably based on the fear that UCONN football does to BC football what UCONN hoops did to BC hoops. Turn BC venues into UCONN home games in the Boston area.

BC recruits students nationally. It's athletic programs do NOT have national followings. Some of the programs don't have any following - see Conte the last several seasons when game attendance barely break four figures.

The nightmare for BC is UCONN's inclusion in the P5. On a level playing field it will not be pretty for BC.

Reaction Score
The nightmare for BC is UCONN's inclusion in the P5. On a level playing field it will not be pretty for BC.

I do understand that a lot of Uconn football fans believe that going to the B12 is life or death for its football program, but I don't think ( as an outsider ) that its either. Too many BC football fans thought that if BC got to the ACC that it could overcome its own geography.. but it didn't. BC plays FSU every season in its division. Its been competitive when Coach Danggummit was still hanging on for longer than he should have. If Uconn should get an invite to the B12, Uconn will be in a division with Texas, or Oklahoma, or some such. These schools are right smack dab in H.S. football hotbeds. No New England school, BC, or Uconn is ever going to win many divisions in football vs these football powerhouses, as it can not change its geography. I hope Uconn gets a B12 invite. But it won't be the panacea that many Uconn football fans apparently think it will be, imo... similarly as too many BC football fans thought would be the case when BC got into the ACC.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I do understand that a lot of Uconn football fans believe that going to the B12 is life or death for its football program, but I don't think ( as an outsider ) that its either. Too many BC football fans thought that if BC got to the ACC that it could overcome its own geography.. but it didn't. BC plays FSU every season in its division. Its been competitive when Coach Danggummit was still hanging on for longer than he should have. If Uconn should get an invite to the B12, Uconn will be in a division with Texas, or Oklahoma, or some such. These schools are right smack dab in H.S. football hotbeds. No New England school, BC, or Uconn is ever going to win many divisions in football vs these football powerhouses, as it can not change its geography. I hope Uconn gets a B12 invite. But it won't be the panacea that many Uconn football fans apparently think it will be, imo... similarly as too many BC football fans thought would be the case when BC got into the ACC.

I never said a B12 invite was life or death for UCONN and the rest of your post is a pontification on that premise.

Tried, but I'm out.......

Reaction Score
UCONN, BC will sell out Alumni (or close to it).
I don't think the game will generate the attendance you believe it will. Uconn will probably bring a good sized following, but Uconn football does not generate in the state of Massachusetts as much interest as does Umass football. Now, before one overreacts to that statement, it has nothing to do with Uconn inarguably being a better football program than Umass. Thats a given. It has to do with the fact that non BC alum Massachusetts residents have a higher interest to see what their taxpayor funded football program can do vs. BC. As such, BC had a good sized crowd for the Umass- BC game, better than some of the Wake Forest- BC games, even though Wake is a league game. Umass, believe it or not, brings a good sized Massachusetts crowd to the BC football game, despite being woeful in football. Maybe you are right that the BC- Uconn game will " sell out ", but I really doubt it, as the interest in Uconn football in Massachusetts is currently all mostly one sided. BC will have a better chance of selling out the Syracuse games at Alumni in the future, as BC does have a sizable number of its student body and recent alums that come from the states of New York and New Jersey and such... and its a league game, and one with league consequences, bowl game significance, and one that will be played each and every year..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have no idea what BC nor Uconn football will look like this season, so right now your confident prediction that BC will be terrible and that Addazio will be fired is as good as any other, imo.
Funny how you picked one part on my post to reply to...but then again I was right on the money with the other parts of it!

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
There is more interest in Massachusetts when BC plays Umass, as there are far more alums and students of the Massachusetts State College system living in Massachusetts, than connected to Uconn. BC is a national school ( no longer primarily a regional school ) as such, there are far more of its student body and recent alums that now come NY/ NJ than from Massachusetts. They are more interested in Syracuse as a football rival for example. So the non alums that are from Massachusetts, don't think much at all about Uconn football. They'd love to see Umass give BC a whipping, and the current student body, mostly from outside N.E. now, don't even have Uconn football on their radar for either liking them, or hating them. That said, since I have family and friends in Connecticut, I know that this BC- Uconn football game means a lot to the Nutmeggers. But BC- Uconn was never going to be a regional football rivalry as neither are state schools within the state, nor does BC get its majority of its students any longer from Massachusetts. In order to have a football rivalry both schools, alums, fan bases, have to see it this way. Thats similarly why Coach Diaco can't make Central Florida, Uconn's football rival, if Central florida doesn't recognize it as such.

I live outside of Boston and hate BC, mostly because of the arrogance of the alums. I work with many, all of whom think BC is an elite school. I wonder at how these jokers, who went to this elite school, would justify the ROI for BC's tuition. What do you get for your money at BC? What doors open for a BC alum that remain closed to someone with the same major, GPA, and experience from UMass? While there is data supporting the ROI for a truly elite school (Harvard, MIT, etc.) because of the employment opportunities available to graduates, that glow does not move as far down the US News rankings as BC. Sorry! You're stuck as an upper-level national university, just like UCONN. Only, we cost a lot less.

Reaction Score
I wonder at how these jokers, who went to this elite school, would justify the ROI for BC's tuition. What do you get for your money at BC? What doors open for a BC alum that remain closed to someone with the same major, GPA, and experience from UMass? While there is data supporting the ROI for a truly elite school (Harvard, MIT, etc.) because of the employment opportunities available to graduates, that glow does not move as far down the US News rankings as BC. Sorry! You're stuck as an upper-level national university, just like UCONN. Only, we cost a lot less.

I understand that you " wonder about what return BC alums believe what they get for their return of their investment " by attending the school and so on and so forth. But I have no interest in such things. Its their money, not mine. So how people spend their money ( on anything ), and whether they think.. or I think... it was of wise use of their money is of their assessment, not mine. So I really don't wonder about such things at all, and I have no interest in such things. I follow BC sports, and have for years. But if parents want to send their children there, and spend whatever the costs are, thats entirely their business. If parents spend their money instead to send their children to Uconn, I have no position, nor any concern, about that either, and don't wonder about their financial investment to ROI either. Thats in their domain, not mine. Oh well, I do understand however that you think and wonder about these things, and that came thru fine and clear, and thats cool and all too.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Nice to see YW getting his once a year thread hijacking out of the way early...

Reaction Score
Sorry! You're stuck as an upper-level national university, just like UCONN.
UConn's ceiling, as already proven, is far higher. BC will probably always be overshadowed by Harvard, MIT, and probably even BU and Northeastern academically in it's own town.

Reaction Score
If you go to a company you want to work for, go to their gift shop, buy a company polo shirt with the company logo on, then have someone take a picture of you in it... then find that the company is currently not about to hire you for whatever reason at the moment, so you take a job from another company that did make you an offer, can you say the company that made you an offer that you took " better recruited you " than the company you have the polo shirt pic with that never offered you a position in the company ? Well, I suppose one COULD advance that narrative, but the failure to receive an offer from the company you visited, sort of squelches that narrative, it would seem to me... but then again, perhaps I'm biased, and that might explain it, who knows. He had offers from RI, UNH, Uconn, and took the Uconn one. He was " better recruited " by Uconn over RI, UNH, that part is indisputable however.

Oh please with this horseshite, they're recruiting him, he didn't invite himself dumbarse and don't you know every recruit gets an offer the day they visit you can't be that dumb, well based on this latest post maybe you can be, but he liked the way we did it versus the way you did. Now you have to pull damage control and make up every excuse typical of a BC fan, "we didn't offer", and if you had "it wasn't a commitable offer" you're a broken record man.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
YW, if you honestly feel that BC is a "national" program, please visit the Cincy area. No one here knows the difference between BC and BU. If you didn't have a hockey program, your arrogant school would be faceless in the Midwest, jackwad.

Reaction Score
YW, if you honestly feel that BC is a "national" program, please visit the Cincy area. No one here knows the difference between BC and BU. If you didn't have a hockey program, your arrogant school would be faceless in the Midwest, jackwad.
Cincinnati ? Cincy is considered fly over country. The " Rust Belt". To paraphrase Yogi Berra on another Ohio town.. " I spent a week in Cincinati one night". There is a reason you can buy a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house outside Cincy for $ 100,000. So don't lecture me from out there on what is considered " faceless " in Cincinnati, as Cincinnati itself is considered " faceless " flyover country to most of the people in the US, and the World. But look, if you're happy out there, good for you. I'm happy for you, so knock yourself out, out there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
^true colors from "Mr. Always Respectful" and never argumentative...
Well, considering HIS name calling & insults, I would say my reply remarks back to him were rather mild by comparison, imo. I don't engage in personal insults of other posters 99% of the time here. And did not with him either. I take the heat on here pretty well I think, and don't go over the top with replies that devolve into the personal attack levels, profanity, etc and the like. I do " argue " on ocassion here, and never said I don't. I've also had agreements with posters too on here many a time too ( who knew ?... haha!)

Last edited:

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Yeah well, "He" is family. You've basically wandered into a neighbor's living room to tell them how much better your house is.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
Cincinnati ? Cincy is considered fly over country. The " Rust Belt". To paraphrase Yogi Berra on another Ohio town.. " I spent a week in Cincinati one night". There is a reason you can buy a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house outside Cincy for $ 100,000. So don't lecture me from out there on what is considered " faceless " in Cincinnati, as Cincinnati itself is considered " faceless " flyover country to most of the people in the US, and the World. But look, if you're happy out there, good for you. I'm happy for you, so knock yourself out, out there.
I can't say I'm surprised at your response. "Everyone" know that the only geographic area of the country that matters is the Boston area. I quite like living here after spending my first 40 years in CT. Real estate is cheap, schools are great, people are really nice and you aren't here. You, not only ARE a jackwad, but an arrogant one at that. Thanks for your interest in the Boneyard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom