Jake Byczko: "UConn Blew Away BC & Syracuse" | The Boneyard

Jake Byczko: "UConn Blew Away BC & Syracuse"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
According to Rivals, Byczko ( unranked by Rivals ) had an interest in BC, but BC did not offer him a scholie. Byczko had 3 offers : Uconn, R.I. and UNH... and chose Uconn

Brandon Sebastian, Chesire , Ct had offers from Uconn, BC, Syracuse, Temple, Rutgers... and chose BC.

Byczko however might prove to be a player that BC should have offered, who knows. But the headline above seems more hyperbole than anything, as Byczko was not going to get an offer from BC in the first place.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
According to Rivals, Byczko ( unranked by Rivals ) had an interest in BC, but BC did not offer him a scholie. Byczko had 3 offers : Uconn, R.I. and UNH... and chose Uconn

Brandon Sebastian, Chesire , Ct had offers from Uconn, BC, Syracuse, Temple, Rutgers... and chose BC.

Byczko however might prove to be a player that BC should have offered, who knows. But the headline above seems more hyperbole than anything, as Byczko was not going to get an offer from BC in the first place.

Just like a vulture, except vultures are more pleasant.

Reaction Score

ahhh.......duckK!

It's like stepping in dog , it just lingers.

Reaction Score

Nobody can debate BCU has not yet offered ... pretty bold statement saying he was not going to get an offer ...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Its so lame of you to address this. Its recruiting, kids say things, yada-yada. I never understood the kind of person that hangs on the opponents message board with nothing better to do that to pipe up on stuff like this. Really, this is a good way to use your internet time?

Reaction Score

BC should be congratulated on signing Brandon Sebastian. If BC keeps signing players at this rate they may eventually win a conference game. Ok, BC probably won't win this year and certainly did not win last year but rest assured BC is a "hot program" who is one win away from a win.

Reaction Score
Its so lame of you to address this. Its recruiting, kids say things, yada-yada. I never understood the kind of person that hangs on the opponents message board with nothing better to do that to pipe up on stuff like this. Really, this is a good way to use your internet time?
Sure.. on occasion, if the thread topic interests me, I might chime in. Its not like I park myself here. I post only on a few occasions, as anyone can see from my comparatively low post count here.. and I'm respectful when I post.

Reaction Score
But the headline above seems more hyperbole than anything, as Byczko was not going to get an offer from BC in the first place.

How so? The headline is a quote from the recruit himself. He was referring to his recruitment, never mentioned an offer. But he did visit BC because he has a typical picture of himself in a BC jersey when he visited. So I ask again, how can it be hyperbole when it is his personal feeling that we recruited him better than BC and Syracuse?

Reaction Score

The kid said what he said. And you know it's true. Facilities wise BCU and SU simply are not in the same league with UConn.

Yep, they have advantages that have nothing to do with facilities. But what the kid said was absolutely irrefutable.

Reaction Score
The kid said what he said. And you know it's true. Facilities wise BCU and SU simply are not in the same league with UConn.

Yep, they have advantages that have nothing to do with facilities. But what the kid said was absolutely irrefutable.
@Yawkey Way I don't agree with @Palatine very often..but what he said in this post is dead on! Outside of BC being in a P-5 Conference...facility wise they have nothing on UConn.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
.......and goodness knows, BC performs at a very high level in conference expecting to win a conference game sometimein the next couple of seasons!

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Apparently he ran out of money for Pokemon Go in-app purchases and resumed trolling.

Reaction Score
BC should be congratulated on signing Brandon Sebastian. If BC keeps signing players at this rate they may eventually win a conference game. Ok, BC probably won't win this year and certainly did not win last year but rest assured BC is a "hot program" who is one win away from a win.
if BC football is as bad as you and a couple of others here portray it to be, then Uconn should be able to crush BC this November then, right ? I mean, if BC is as bad as portrayed on here all the time, what would this say about a Uconn football program that would, in this apparently believed unlikely event, actually lose to BC this November ? Just asking, thats all, as I'm attempting to understand the logic.

Reaction Score
he did visit BC because he has a typical picture of himself in a BC jersey when he visited. So I ask again, how can it be hyperbole when it is his personal feeling that we recruited him better than BC and Syracuse?

If you go to a company you want to work for, go to their gift shop, buy a company polo shirt with the company logo on, then have someone take a picture of you in it... then find that the company is currently not about to hire you for whatever reason at the moment, so you take a job from another company that did make you an offer, can you say the company that made you an offer that you took " better recruited you " than the company you have the polo shirt pic with that never offered you a position in the company ? Well, I suppose one COULD advance that narrative, but the failure to receive an offer from the company you visited, sort of squelches that narrative, it would seem to me... but then again, perhaps I'm biased, and that might explain it, who knows. He had offers from RI, UNH, Uconn, and took the Uconn one. He was " better recruited " by Uconn over RI, UNH, that part is indisputable however.

Reaction Score
if BC football is as bad as you and a couple of others here portray it to be, then Uconn should be able to crush BC this November then, right ? I mean, if BC is as bad as portrayed on here all the time, what would this say about a Uconn football program that would, in this apparently believed unlikely event, actually lose to BC this November ? Just asking, thats all, as I'm attempting to understand the logic.

Don't bother. You are not good at it.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
This November is going to be great. First, we are going to dominate both the game on the field and the turnout in the stands when we play BC on November 19, similar to what happened whe we dominated ND back in the day (move to 1:14 for the U!C!O!N!N! UCONN! UCONN! UCONN! cheer). Then, the #icebus is going to roll over BC in Hartford a few days later. I'm going to savor every bit like a fat guy enjoying a beef and bean burrito.

Reaction Score
You seem to forget one thing...you have a Coach in Addazio that cries like a little baby having a temper tantrum asking for a practice facility. I'd bet he would give anything to have something like Burton/Schenkman facility that UConn has. But by the time BC gets around to building something...anything...UConn will be renovating their facility because of being worn out. Say what you want...come here on your high horse about BC football...fact of the matter is facility wise BC is so far behind UConn right now it isn't even funny! And to boot you have a HC that won't even be here by the end of this season. So let's see how that recruiting class is by then!!!

Reaction Score
Who ever scores first, wins.

Reaction Score

The Boneyard is not saying BC is bad. BC's record is saying they are bad...or maybe BC's recent athletic graduates can provide a better context of the state of their program.

I am not a math-lete but I can look at the win/loss column and 0-26 is pretty bad, right?

BC just became the first to go winless in conference in football and hoops in 40 years

BC has been receiving ACC payouts ($25 million plus) for the last 10 years. In that same time UConn has been receiving AAC payouts ($2 million) for the last 5 years. BC is recruiting from a P5 level of exposure and UConn is recruiting from the G5 level. This year's football game should not even be a contest on paper. The fact it is even being considered a potentially competitive game shows how far the BC program has fallen.

If your trying to shift the burden to UConn, save your breath. G5 teams are not expected to beat P5 teams even if they are arguably the worst P5 football/basketball program in America. I feel confident UConn will come to play. Can you say the same of BC?

I will give BC some credit for finally scheduling UConn, it took some courage on their part. Truth be told, BC has more to lose than UConn. Sadly I think BC had to completely bottom out before it realized destroying its regional rivalries and geographic partners also destroyed its own program. There is a reason interest in NE football has floundered and it is large part based on the behavior of BC.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The Boneyard is not saying BC is bad. BC's record is saying they are bad...or maybe BC's recent athletic graduates can provide a better context of the state of their program.

I am not a math-lete but I can look at the win/loss column and 0-26 is pretty bad, right?

BC just became the first to go winless in conference in football and hoops in 40 years

BC has been receiving ACC payouts ($25 million plus) for the last 10 years. In that same time UConn has been receiving AAC payouts ($2 million) for the last 5 years. BC is recruiting from a P5 level of exposure and UConn is recruiting from the G5 level. This year's football game should not even be a contest on paper. The fact it is even being considered a potentially competitive game shows how far the BC program has fallen.

If your trying to shift the burden to UConn, save your breath. G5 teams are not expected to beat P5 teams even if they are arguably the worst P5 football/basketball program in America. I feel confident UConn will come to play. Can you say the same of BC?

I will give BC some credit for finally scheduling UConn, it took some courage on their part. Truth be told, BC has more to lose than UConn. Sadly I think BC had to completely bottom out before it realized destroying its regional rivalries and geographic partners also destroyed its own program. There is a reason interest in NE football has floundered and it is large part based on the behavior of BC.

Again, just to reiterate...this player said his favorite part of the season was going out to eat the same year that half of the team got food poisoning from Chipotle. The fact that violent illness is the best aspect of being a BC student athlete says a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom