Jacobs to the rescue | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jacobs to the rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
This is based on... What, exactly?

Chief likes to make stuff up and hope it sticks to the wall. He is nostalgic for the days in which he actually knew people and had pull at the university, but when JC left so did his access.

Reaction Score
Susan is not well liked in the President's club of the former Big East - many of whom are now in the ACC. UConn may have better luck with the Big10 or 12.

This is based on... What, exactly?

Chief likes to make stuff up and hope it sticks to the wall

Same old/same old drivel that was floated well over two years ago... no proof, unnamed sources.
I have two sources from other Big East schools. She lectured other Presidents at her first Big East Meeting and made veiled threats UConn would leave the conference if her peers did not agree with her and went after the ND President on football issues. Unfortunately, these Presidents are in the very conference UConn is trying to enter. In any business at your first meeting start with being a good listener and courteous.

C

Chief00

Chief likes to make stuff up and hope it sticks to the wall. He is nostalgic for the days in which he actually knew people and had pull at the university, but when JC left so did his access.
You guys are clueless. JC has not left the university - maybe you should break the news to him (LOL) - good luck!
It is what it is - not assigning blame - but with the ACC it's been about personal not metrics - maybe time and gradual change in players will change things over time? I think UConn made a decision a year or two ago to focus on the other P5 conferences. - it's too personal.

Reaction Score
I imagine one of the reasons Jacobs wrote this article is because he just did a state of the athletic dept. interview with Warde and asked about realignment. My guess is the sense Jacobs got from Manuel by talking to him off the record is that there is a real chance UConn is one of the 3-4 schools being considered by the Big 12 (as was being talked about in the past weeks by Thamel/Tramel). Perhaps Jacobs picked up there is a legit chance UConn could be picked and wants to make sure that we actually get a fair shake in our perception vs our competition, something we did not get against Louisville a couple years ago.

there is no fair shake There is no publc vote. There is no twitter concensus. 10 schools will vote for their own self interests and whether we are selected or not will have almost nothing to do with what idiots tweet and write in columns

C

Chief00

To get your attention and for the usual tell me who your source is crowd. That's why I have sources and I never would risk someone's job to prove a point on the intranet.

Reaction Score
To get your attention and for the usual tell me who your source is crowd. That's why I have sources and I never would risk someone's job to prove a point on the intranet.
You already ruined Andre's rep. Are you involved in his choice of fashion?!

Reaction Score
I'm reversing field on this. If you run big 12 expansion through twitter, it's amazing how many BYU media types are making the case for BYU.

It's good to have someone making the case for uconn via media. Are Jacob's articles making through the twittersphere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom