Iversen game— castle | The Boneyard

Iversen game— castle

Reaction Score
Was somewhat invisible. Not the same athlete as many of these guys. Motor only fair but he is a big guy for the 1 position. Didn’t make any jumpers and was blocked at rim. Looks like a pg who will need developmental time despite his high ranking. In the best of worlds newton comes back and castle can both back up and also play some 2. Because newton can shoot you can play them together

Reaction Score
Was somewhat invisible. Not the same athlete as many of these guys. Motor only fair but he is a big guy for the 1 position. Didn’t make any jumpers and was blocked at rim. Looks like a pg who will need developmental time despite his high ranking. In the best of worlds newton comes back and castle can both back up and also play some 2. Because newton can shoot you can play them together

My sister has a cat named Scrappy.

Reaction Score
Got it -- second coming of Diggins. If Gary Parrish gets wind of this, we drop to #2 pre-season.

Reaction Score
You’re drawing way to many conclusions from a all star/pick up game

Reaction Score
You’re drawing way to many conclusions from a all star/pick up game
He wasn’t nearly as athletic as many of the players were. Even Rothstein( sp) said he was waiting on castle to do something. Yes agree all star games mean only so much but all u had to do was watch to see he was somewhat athletically outmatched. His shot was blocked multiple x at 6-6 and his j wasn’t there. Some of these guys looked like they could walk on an nba court right now but castle did not . He is very big for the position but I’m gonna bet he is no one and done.

Reaction Score
He wasn’t nearly as athletic as many of the players were. Even Rothstein( sp) said he was waiting on castle to do something. Yes agree all star games mean only so much but all u had to do was watch to see he was somewhat athletically outmatched. His shot was blocked multiple x at 6-6 and his j wasn’t there. Some of these guys looked like they could walk on an nba court right now but castle did not . He is very big for the position but I’m gonna bet he is no one and done.
His issue is more so his motor. He’s plenty athletic enough.

Reaction Score
From what I’ve watched on him he’s a big PG, but he’s not going to overwhelm you athletically. He has a methodical and surgical approach on offense and is very skilled with pull ups and crafty finishing at rim. It’s hard to take much anything from all star games, but don’t expect an Andre Jackson athlete coming in. IMO Castle has a ceiling of Jimmy Butler and floor of Andrew Harrison from KY few years back.

Reaction Score
I have no opinion on Castle, but I’m never going believe any recruit is legit one and done until I see him play against high major competition in a real game. If he isn’t as far along as advertised, l won’t be at all surprised. No big deal. 2-3 and done is great too.

Reaction Score
From what I’ve watched on him he’s a big PG, but he’s not going to overwhelm you athletically. He has a methodical and surgical approach on offense and is very skilled with pull ups and crafty finishing at rim. It’s hard to take much anything from all star games, but don’t expect an Andre Jackson athlete coming in. IMO Castle has a ceiling of Jimmy Butler and floor of Andrew Harrison from KY few years back.
If you think this game was any indication of the player he is, I feel really, really bad for you. Some people just NEED to be negative and panic. We just won a natty. He's a top 10 player. Calm down.
No panic Simple observation. He’s a big skilled pg but he’s not a no brainer like a d j Wagner. Maybe a less athletic Anthony black

Reaction Score
According to 247 he is our second best recruit all time. I think he'll be just fine.

Reaction Score
If you think this game was any indication of the player he is, I feel really, really bad for you. Some people just NEED to be negative and panic. We just won a natty. He's a top 10 player. Calm down.
The ironic thing is @Scrappy3 is usually the biggest optimist, predicting a national championship before every season. So this is out of character for him. Maybe after national championships he switches to being a pessimist for a while. :)

Reaction Score
Having only watched him on videos and a couple all star like games I can see where he’d come to this conclusion. But he’s a really good basketball player I think and will shine when in real college games. Some of these guys who looked unbelievably athletic will be throwing the ball away and dribbling off their legs when the game isn’t a wide open no defense crap shoot.

I like our guy!

Reaction Score
The ironic thing is @Scrappy3 is usually the biggest optimist, predicting a national championship before every season. So this is out of character for him. Maybe after national championships he switches to being a pessimist for a while. :)
Not pessimistic at all. Having a 6-6pg is great. All I did was watch whole game and reported what I saw. I actually like that he may need developmental time. It’s all good

Reaction Score
You are supposed to assume that other teams’ highly rated recruits won’t have the impact many think but ours are guaranteed to. Challenges to these assumptions are not taken well.

Recruiting rankings are a tool to predict how a player might do when they enter college. There are other tools. But the bottom line is that you don’t win championships with prediction tools — you win them with actual performances from players once they’re in college.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The Boneyard:

A place where a player who has yet to play a college game can be viewed as a slam dunk starter on the preseason top team in the country (and no question one and done) yet also be labelled as underwhelming in comparison to top HS competition.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

Blasmephy, dontchaknow Castle is already a lottery pick in 2024? I was Boneyarded for suggesting he might be here two years.

Y'see, he's the PG in 23/24 and than Boogie is our PG 24/25 and that's that. Cast in stone, furgetaboutit

This is the word of the Yard. Thanks be to the Yard

:)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom