Iversen game— castle | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Iversen game— castle

Reaction Score
Scrappy is correct that he didn’t play well, but I wouldn’t say athleticism was the issue. Castle isn‘t a top 10 recruit based upon athleticism, so yeah, when he’s on the court with the DJ Wagners and Justin Edwards of the world he does looks a step slow. But those guys are elite, elite athletes.

Mostly he just missed shots and got frustrated and passive because of it. He missed all the 3s I saw him take, missed his first 3-4 free throws, and missed some bunnies at the rim he normally makes, even against top competition. The format of these types of games are also terrible for him.

He did get into the lane and found guys for wide open 3s, which to me is his best skill. His plus/minus was probably pretty decent because his team was consistently falling behind when he was out and catching up when he was in, at least until the last 5 minutes of the game.

Overall it was a very positive broadcast for UConn. It was on CBSSN, so they talked multiple times about how dominate we were in the tournament. They showed a few highlights of the championship game against SDSU. Talked about Newton and Jackson getting NBA feedback. We were brought up a lot.
DJ Wagner isn’t overly athletic. That’s not his game either.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
No. How many times does this need to be said. Did Cam Whitmore dominate games last year?
Yeah but I’ve been hearing castle and AJ are the same player through multiple media outlets.

Reaction Score
DJ Wagner isn’t overly athletic. That’s not his game either.
So if Jackson comes back he will terrorize this kid in practice. Of coursecI do not think Jackson will be back

Reaction Score
Didn't watch the game and I'm sure Castle will be great for us, but a lot of people on this board seem to think he's guaranteed to succeed right away because he's a top 10 recruit. Historically on average about 3-4 of the top 10 recruits don't have much of an impact freshman year so it's not some rare outcome.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Scrappy might be off his meds with these takeaways about Castle, but I think his biggest grievance is how he spelled Iversons name in the title. Can a mod please fix it already?

Reaction Score
Three times I’ve seen iterations of Scrappy. OP, I’ve read many Scrappy threads. Scrappy gave us nothing but comically optimistic predictions. This, sir, is no Scrappy thread. And frankly I think you are so far apart in the objectives you choose for this forum that I do not think this thread is well-taken

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
His issue is more so his motor. He’s plenty athletic enough.
If he chose Uconn I'm pretty sure he has a good idea what to expect at practices next summer and thereafter. That in itself is good evidence he is not afraid of challenges like getting his motor tuned up a bit. Think some of the other newcomers (like Ball) will help him by example as well. I have confidence his star will shine; he is just going to have to adjust.

Reaction Score
Leave Scrappy alone, Castle has yet to wear a UConn jersey. After our next First Night Scrappy will proclaim him the next Lebron James.

Reaction Score
Didn't watch the game and I'm sure Castle will be great for us, but a lot of people on this board seem to think he's guaranteed to succeed right away because he's a top 10 recruit. Historically on average about 3-4 of the top 10 recruits don't have much of an impact freshman year so it's not some rare outcome.
I don’t think any are guaranteeing he succeeds right away. It’s a good bet though that he starts right away and is in first round mock drafts all season

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I don’t think any are guaranteeing he succeeds right away. It’s a good bet though that he starts right away and is in first round mock drafts all season
He's already in first round mock drafts fwiw.

Reaction Score
Watch this game. It's played at three quarter speed with no real defense. No one wants to get hurt or hurt anybody else. It's like garbage time. Drawing conclusions form this game is beyond....well....it's not meaningful

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom