It's really worse than it looks... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

It's really worse than it looks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
15K to see the 0-4 UConn Huskies play the 0-5 USF Bulls (doubt they will beat Cincy)?

There will be more people at my son’s friend’s birthday party at the local ice rink than there will be at the Rent for that game.

If UConn announced that P will be publically fired at halftime maybe that will draw a few more fans.

You have to remember the majority of the people who go to games at the rent are there because it is a social event. They are there to grill up some food and have a few beers with there buddies. They then wonder inside for a couple quarters to legitimize drinking in a parking lot at 9 am. For homecoming especially, people will show up. They will not however still be inside when the 4th quarter starts.

Reaction Score
Barely 20k went through the gates.
According to you I suppose. Those around here who won't support the players should just stay home. They don't have a choice. If they're out there, so am I.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
According to you I suppose. Those around here who won't support the players should just stay home. They don't have a choice. If they're out there, so am I.

According to the people who manage the rent and have the actual count of scanned tickets. Happy now?

Reaction Score
Nice - throw chum in the water.
Nice - throw chum in the water.

I agree.

What does this serve? There are no heroes in this whole three act play. Shitcan all. But, saying that there is some nefarious dark inside ... just excites all of us with no payoff.

Reaction Score
Looks like the ACC dodged a bullet in snubbing UConn for that "ghetto commuter school".

Karma rears its beautiful head once more.

School?, nobody here said it was a school. OL graduates 22% of its general student population after 4 years, 50% after 6.

Reaction Score
Looks like the ACC dodged a bullet in snubbing UConn for that "ghetto commuter school".

Karma rears its beautiful head once more.

If I ever want to learn how to drive a bus, I will go to Louisville. Every conference needs a Simple Jack, you guys are it.

Reaction Score
You have to remember the majority of the people who go to games at the rent are there because it is a social event. They are there to grill up some food and have a few beers with there buddies. They then wonder inside for a couple quarters to legitimize drinking in a parking lot at 9 am. For homecoming especially, people will show up. They will not however still be inside when the 4th quarter starts.

One message that would be strong is if the students did not come in (or not be in their seats) until the start of the 2nd quarter. The players would get it. Hopefully Warde would get it.

Reaction Score
I've never been one to get a lot of inside information on the football program. I've never been all that interested in knowing players or their families.

For reasons that defy explanation, numerous different parties have decided to share a number of interesting 'inside' stories and information.

Obviously I've agreed to not share details, but if what they have shared is true then it truly is unbelievable that this staff remains in place.

My working assumption has been that while inept, Pasqualoni is generally a good guy who is just drowning in his return to head coaching. The things I've been told make me question not only that assumption but the ability of the athletic director and president to lead the program back out of the depths of pure despair.

Even if half of what I've heard is true - Pasqualoni and Manuel should be on the unemployment line - banned from Rentschler Field and every day they continue to represent the University is an ongoing disgrace.

This program is completely and utterly broken right now. Three people own it. Jeff Hathaway, Paul Pasqualoni and Warde Manuel. One of them is gone. If the other two aren't soon... It's seems impossible but it's only going to get worse.
OK now that the program is on its way to being made healthy again( I almost said fixed but PGDL already did that in the way of neutering). What is up with the special secrets about the program. Was it that bad or were you just over dramatizing the crap that we saw unfolding. I read somewhere that a former player's parent wanted to deck GDL for his abrasive and unapologetic manner. Is this a clue to the dark side? Thanks in advance

Reaction Score
15K to see the 0-4 UConn Huskies play the 0-5 USF Bulls (doubt they will beat Cincy)?

There will be more people at my son’s friend’s birthday party at the local ice rink than there will be at the Rent for that game.

If UConn announced that P will be publically fired at halftime maybe that will draw a few more fans.

"Fired" or flogged?

Reaction Score
If I ever want to learn how to drive a bus, I will go to Louisville. Every conference needs a Simple Jack, you guys are it.
LOL keep telling yourself that while you're drawing 10k on weeknights against Tulane and SMU next season. It'll be like you're back in FCS again.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
LOL keep telling yourself that while you're drawing 10k on weeknights against Tulane and SMU next season. It'll be like you're back in FCS again.
I'm sure you think your clever jab will get under our skin but you're not saying anything nelsonmuntz hasn't already predicted for us. We're used to these comments at this point.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm sure you think your clever jab will get under our skin but you're not saying anything nelsonmuntz hasn't already predicted for us. We're used to these comments at this point.
Two for the price of one. Nice!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This "I know something you don't know" stuff is lame.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
According to the people who manage the rent and have the actual count of scanned tickets. Happy now?

If they count the USF turnout the way you count Michigan fans, it will be a sellout.

Reaction Score

Simple Jack,

Pizza State is a high school with ashtrays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom