It's really worse than it looks... | The Boneyard

It's really worse than it looks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I've never been one to get a lot of inside information on the football program. I've never been all that interested in knowing players or their families.

For reasons that defy explanation, numerous different parties have decided to share a number of interesting 'inside' stories and information.

Obviously I've agreed to not share details, but if what they have shared is true then it truly is unbelievable that this staff remains in place.

My working assumption has been that while inept, Pasqualoni is generally a good guy who is just drowning in his return to head coaching. The things I've been told make me question not only that assumption but the ability of the athletic director and president to lead the program back out of the depths of pure despair.

Even if half of what I've heard is true - Pasqualoni and Manuel should be on the unemployment line - banned from Rentschler Field and every day they continue to represent the University is an ongoing disgrace.

This program is completely and utterly broken right now. Three people own it. Jeff Hathaway, Paul Pasqualoni and Warde Manuel. One of them is gone. If the other two aren't soon... It's seems impossible but it's only going to get worse.

Reaction Score
I've never been one to get a lot of inside information on the football program. I've never been all that interested in knowing players or their families.

For reasons that defy explanation, numerous different parties have decided to share a number of interesting 'inside' stories and information.

Obviously I've agreed to not share details, but if what they have shared is true then it truly is unbelievable that this staff remains in place.

My working assumption has been that while inept, Pasqualoni is generally a good guy who is just drowning in his return to head coaching. The things I've been told make me question not only that assumption but the ability of the athletic director and president to lead the program back out of the depths of pure despair.

Even if half of what I've heard is true - Pasqualoni and Manuel should be on the unemployment line - banned from Rentschler Field and every day they continue to represent the University is an ongoing disgrace.

This program is completely and utterly broken right now. Three people own it. Jeff Hathaway, Paul Pasqualoni and Warde Manuel. One of them is gone. If the other two aren't soon... It's seems impossible but it's only going to get worse.

Agree on every count - you are 100% spot on.

Reaction Score
My concern is that instead of taking the bull by the horns, our President may not understand the need or be willing to go over Manuel's head if he is as inept as appears. Worst case she has advised him to stand pat and the both of them are standing on some convoluted principle of correctness or burning bridges as the water rises around them. Stop being liked, be right.

Reaction Score

Not surprised about P at all since stuff has come out in dribs and drabs over the past 3 seasons. Haven't heard that stuff about Manuel yet though.

Reaction Score
PP needs to resign right now for the better of the program. No one person is above the program. PP needs to admit I have not gotten the job done and its time to move on. I'm hoping that WM has given him this option and let me emphasize the word hope because no one has any guts to admit the UConn football program is in total disarray.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Not sure I follow where this is going?

What else could be going on besides sheer incompetence?

Not prying or asking you to post it, but just wondering aloud.

Reaction Score
Not surprised about P at all since stuff has come out in dribs and drabs over the past 3 seasons. Haven't heard that stuff about Manuel yet though.
What stuff for those not in the know?

Reaction Score
Worst case she has advised him to stand pat and the both of them are standing on some convoluted principle of correctness or burning bridges as the water rises around them.

Based on Warde's end- and post-game reaction when a move seemed imminent to the total lack of action today - P's press conference, him saying their will be no changes on the coaching staff - it's really starting to look like A) Sue ignoring Warde's advice for PC reasons B) she's been told by Larry don't fire P until after the season. Hope they enjoy the crowd of 15,000 at the USF game.

Reaction Score
Based on Warde's end- and post-game reaction when a move seemed imminent to the total lack of action today - P's press conference, him saying their will be no changes on the coaching staff - it's really starting to look like A) Sue ignoring Warde's advice for PC reasons B) she's been told by Larry don't fire P until after the season. Hope they enjoy the crowd of 15,000 at the USF game.
15,000 is going to be VERY generous Ruskin!

Reaction Score
PP needs to resign right now for the better of the program. No one person is above the program. PP needs to admit I have not gotten the job done and its time to move on. I'm hoping that WM has given him this option and let me emphasize the word hope because no one has any guts to admit the UConn football program is in total disarray.

Your hope isn't reality. People don't walk away from $1.6M salaries.
I've seen lot's of organizational announcements about people leaving 'to pursue other opportunities'. Those are often followed by some sort of severance package.

Reaction Score
Disagree. 35,000. The fringe fan is not as reactive to situations like this as much as the die hards.
I disagree...there wasn't even 30,000 at Towson game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I disagree...there wasn't even 30,000 at Towson game.

Barely 20k went through the gates.

They had a decent turnout last year. Will completely depend on the weather. If it's nice maybe 25k will wander in and check some of the game out. If it rains hard forget it.

Reaction Score
Its pretty clear that football is not a priority at Uconn. The program is dead and its not coming back anytime that any kid on the current roster will be active. The loser of the Uconn v USF will be, without question, the worst team in BCS. think about that.

all you can do as a fan is not show up for games. or rally/protest outside the athletic department or President's office. But they really don't care, or have the capacity to care becasue football just isn't important to the school. Which, as it stands now in the AAC, is not. IT doesn't bring net profits and it doesn't bring any form of positive notoriety to Uconn brand. I've said this before, but I think there is a better chance they shut the program down as there is any sort of upgrade conference-wise

Reaction Score
Looks like the ACC dodged a bullet in snubbing UConn for that "ghetto commuter school".

Karma rears its beautiful head once more.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I just hope there isn't a bean counter or another bureaucrat getting in the way of this. Heck, at least Jacobs finally admitted the truth. No one can be that dense not to see it. Not P, not WM, not What's good?, not Susan, not the players. Someone is ignoring the problem or waiting for someone else to give the final OK or finding some other institutional excuse.

Earlier an RU troll asked when UConn would give up on FBS FB. My response would have been the day after Rutgers wins a national title. But, legitimately, if the powers that be (whoever the frick that really is) don't consider the FB program to be important enough to stop this embarassment, then they should turn out the lights.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
we never said ghetto, we said your school is stocked to the brim with stupid stupid people - a point your periodic visits reinforce. enjoy your temporary crawl out of kentucky's shadows.

Reaction Score
Looks like the ACC dodged a bullet in snubbing UConn for that "ghetto commuter school".

Karma rears its beautiful head once more.
I have two words for you:
Steve Kragthorpe

Charlie Strong and Teddy Bridgewater haven't been at Louisville forever!

Reaction Score
Not sure I follow where this is going?

What else could be going on besides sheer incompetence?

Not prying or asking you to post it, but just wondering aloud.

Warde and PP are having an affair :eek:

Reaction Score
Warde and PP are having an affair :eek:
I had earlier typed this but cut it instead thinking it was out of place but after some of the latest posts I decided what the hell, paste it.

I wanted to respond but to what. Ethically you can't spill the beans so as to protect your sources. So who is doing what to whom? How can it be worse than what has been seen on the field and in the posts here? If someone has started to talk about this "stuff" how can it stay hidden so long. This better not be PSU all over again.

Reaction Score
Hope they enjoy the crowd of 15,000 at the USF game.

15K to see the 0-4 UConn Huskies play the 0-5 USF Bulls (doubt they will beat Cincy)?

There will be more people at my son’s friend’s birthday party at the local ice rink than there will be at the Rent for that game.

If UConn announced that P will be publically fired at halftime maybe that will draw a few more fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom